Boycott of Chinese Olympic Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news from Nowitzki... via http://www.ballineurope.com

Why should athletes do, what politicans aren’t able to do for years? It is wrong, to make the athletes protest now! When they elected China for the Olympic games to be held at, they should have known that two worlds would clash. They also should have known that there will be trouble, but sport itself is non-political and there are athletes that work for the Olympics for four years. There is no reason for these guys now, not to participate!”
    This is why we all love Dirk! Personally he will always have my respect...

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

• Here is a perfect example. I just can look at her and know she is evil. Know she is lying. But the "smart people" just roll their eyes and say things like "yeah sure, doom and gloom show me the evidence, hey can you provide a link" or "the US would never do such things, stop your anti-American bashing."

EVERY single one of you that has this attitude deserves whatever you get.

Comment

• C Rice is just doing what she needs to do to protect our freedom. Freedom is not free.

Comment

• usually i agree with vspan here on bball issues or at least nod somewha tin gesture, but these posts remind me of my former mail office co worker in my uni days... i personally liked the statement something along the lines of if u disagree with bush you are unpatriotic...that is as fluffed nonsense as what i hear sometimes on fox news..

im patriotic and always will be but i I DO disagree with bush jr on certain things, who is to say if i am patriotic or not.

i need a drink after my chinese exams. sino wanna send me a bottle of great wall red wine, its cheap.
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasileios Spanoulis 666
            Like I said. People that are not able to see the truth are not able to be helped. PERIOD
            You sound like religious extremist. Once again you won't provide any sources, confirming that 3/4 of the United States' population is retarded. You should find another way to express your creativity.
            Last edited by Gytaz; 04-18-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gytaz
              You sound like religious extremist. Once again you won't provide any sources, confirming that 3/4 of the United States' population is retarded. You should find another way to express your creativity.
              No, no, Gytaz, you don't understand. You're retarded for not believing that 3/4 of us are retarded. Now do you understand? No? Well, you're retarded.

Also, 9/10 of Lithuanians think that climbing ropes is more fun than playing basketball. Don't believe me? Open your eyes man! You're blind to the reality of Lithuania.
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair
                No, no, Gytaz, you don't understand. You're retarded for not believing that 3/4 of us are retarded...
                No offense dude, but you definitely look retarded in your avatar

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
                  No offense dude
                  How could anybody take offense from you, Arkadios?
                  but you definitely look retarded in your avatar
                  You should see a real picture of me!
                  "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair
                    You should see a real picture of me!
                    Unfortunately, I have. And it doesn't help your cause of proving that the 3/4 of the Americans are NOT retarded

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
                      Unfortunately, I have. And it doesn't help your cause of proving that the 3/4 of the Americans are NOT retarded
                      phew... says a guy with Luigi Lamonica in his avatar
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
                        As far as I've heard when talking about boycott it wasn't exactly meant as a boycott of whole games but rather of boycotting the opening event only.
                        I would strongly support this!

and imho all talks about boycotting the games (overall) will surface (and are surfacing) just thanks to populist politicians having nothing to do or other kind of politicians seeking to distract the public from the more important things (unlikely). this issue will also be raised by the yellow press and alike media sources, just because they like to raise idiotic issues (masses adore them). in other words, no country will boycot the games (and no one will probably even seriously consider this, unless something truly drastic happens in Tibet), imho. allthough boycoting the opening ceremony would be the right thing to do, imho. unfortunatelly, I think this idea will fade out if situation in Tibet remains more or less stable (maybe that by itself would be some sort of achievement, which could still be better than nothing..).
                        Last edited by kestas; 04-19-2008, 11:06 AM.
                        stop russia

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasileios Spanoulis 666
                          Like I said. People that are not able to see the truth are not able to be helped. PERIOD

BTW, I'm a 33 degree Mason
                          look, man, I, for one, absolutely agree with you!

But only regarding that thought about 3/4 of Americans being retarded (when it comes to all things outside their house). actually, I would not be surprised if research showed 3/4 of the Global human population is retarded (in one way or another), you being an exceptional example of this misterious condition.
                          Last edited by kestas; 04-19-2008, 12:09 PM.
                          stop russia

Comment

• Originally posted by kestas
                            I would strongly support this!

and imho all talks about boycotting the games (overall) will surface (and are surfacing) just thanks to populist politicians having nothing to do or other kind of politicians seeking to distract the public from the more important things (unlikely). this issue will also be raised by the yellow press and alike media sources, just because they like to raise idiotic issues (masses adore them). in other words, no country will boycot the games (and no one will probably even seriously consider this, unless something truly drastic happens in Tibet), imho. allthough boycoting the opening ceremony would be the right thing to do, imho. unfortunatelly, I think this idea will fade out if situation in Tibet remains more or less stable (maybe that by itself would be some sort of achievement, which could still be better than nothing..).
                            SO, you say, well, I'm not agreeding with China, but yet, I want to participate even if the organizer is a criminal? You just boycott opening for your mind to be in peace even if it doesn't help to anything, and then go to get the money from China? I mean, this is a paradox very common in the world today... but, Personnally, I may say: Have your ideas strength. Or you participate to Olympics, or not. Or you accept to promote China, or not.
                            It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

• My opinion is that the games should not be boycott. Why sports events always have to get hurt? Olympics is to reunite countries. If you want to hurt China because of Tibet hurt them in other way that does not affect the olympics. I dont want this olympics be affected like the 1980 Moscow and 1984 LA games.

Comment

• State run media at its best. Not one iota of difference between the current US media and press in terms of state-run propaganda than in Stalinist Russia. Someone at the White House tells someone at the Pentagon, who then gives the new talking points memo of the day to all the "news" affiliates, who then in turn repeat catch phrase and Orwellian slogan, "China is bad, they violate human rights, you should boycott the Olympics."

The brainwashed US masses then react like the good little trained and programmed robots that they are. Monkey see monkey do, nothing more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information