No announcement yet.

The official Andrei Kirilenko tribute thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's another "smart play" by Kirilenko from yesterday's match against Mavs

Comment

Every play that gives your team an additional possession is a good play.

This flop is beautifully executed. The way he anticipated Dirk's elbow motion within a split second and sold the contact even though there was no contact ... you need a high basketball IQ as well as the raw skills to do that.

Comment

Kirilenko really doesn't need to do this...
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Kirilenko Back At CSKA? Maybe One Day

CSKA Moscow president Andrey Vatutin has offered his thoughts on the possibility that one day, the team's most famous export - Utah Jazz star Andrei Kirilenko - will return to the club.

"It's a very beautiful story - to return to the club from which you once left," Vatutin said.

"But now, all this - it's no more than guessing."

Vatutin was speaking to a group of university students in Moscow and one of the questions posed to him was about EuroBasket 2007 MVP Kirilenko and whether he would come back to play for CSKA.

There was a lot of interest in the media back in 2007 after Kirilenko led Russia to the EuroBasket gold medal in Spain.

"At one time," Vatutin said, "we went out to Utah with a proposal for Kirilenko but were refused because Kirilenko had a multi-year contract and to resolve this question, it was impossible.

"Now everything will depend on Andrei - what he wants."

Vatutin, whose remarks were carried on Sports.ru, said: "There are many options (for Kirilenko): to finish his career, to sign a new contract with the NBA, to play in Europe, to return to CSKA ...

"So here it is not necessary to run ahead of the engine, but in general it would be great if Andrei did return to CSKA."
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Kirilenko Missed EuroBasket Due To Adoption Of Baby Girl

There is a very good reason why Andrei Kirilenko didn't play for Russia at the EuroBasket last month.

The EuroBasket 2007 MVP and his wife, Masha, needed to devote all of their attention to the long process of adopting a baby girl in Russia.

The couple already had two sons and now they have three children after completing the adoption of the infant they have named Alexandra with a whirlwind trip to Moscow.

"As I have said many times, I was forced to abandon the trip to Poland (for the EuroBasket) due to family circumstances," Kirilenko said.

"And now this story is finally over.

"Masha and I adopted a girl. Russian. She is only two months old.

"We just did not want to talk about it in advance, to avoid speculation."

The process of adopting a child began in February, Kirilenko said.

"We had to gather all the necessary documents, talk with psychologists and in the last month visited the child," Kirilenko said.

"In fact, to resolve all issues, it took virtually the entire summer. Problems arose even from the fact that I and Masha are registered in different cities - Moscow and St. Petersburg."

A court in Moscow, with both Kirilenko and his wife standing before the judge for 15 minutes, finally recognized the couple as the parents of Alexandra.

Kirilenko missed two pre-season games with the Jazz while he was away but flew back to join his team in Los Angeles on Saturday and on Sunday played against the Charlotte Bobcats, pouring in 18 points in a win for his team.

Russia, meanwhile, didn't finish in the top six this year at the EuroBasket which prevented them from qualifying for the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

They are still hoping to play in the big event but will need a wild card to do so.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Artificial Nature

Comment

Andrei Kirilenko: I want to stay with the Jazz

With the defunct Carmelo Anthony trade on which the Utah Jazz would have been participants, where Andrei Kirilenko would have been sent to Denver; Kirilenko told the Associated Press that he would like to stay and expresssed interests on negotiating a contract renewal with the Jazz.

"I want to be here. That's the bottom line, I want to be part of the Jazz. I'm very pleased to be in this city and playing with the Jazz."

Utah Jazz Head Coach Jerry Sloan also preferred Kirilenko with the team further on, as he was quoted:

"We want Andrei here. He's a huge part of what we've done and we need him."
                Sacramento Kings
                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Kirilenko to play PF

Utah Jazz Head Coach Jerry Sloan plans to play Andrei Kirilenko more at PF next season.

"When we look at our team, he's probably going to have to play some at 4," Sloan said of Kirilenko. "That's where he's always played some of his best basketball."
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Utah Jazz 109 Milwaukee Bucks 88

Andrei Kirilenko playing his best game so far this season for the Jazz, scores 13 points, added 8 rebounds and had 4 blocks.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

News which will delight Arkadios...
                      Kirilenko becomes U.S. citizen

Andrei Kirilenko became a United States citizen on Monday afternoon.

The 10-year veteran kept the ceremony quiet, but was proud when discussing the milestone before Tuesday's practice.

"It's an important decision for me and my family," the Jazz forward said.

"I'm very grateful for the two countries, America and Russia. I really feel I'm a double citizen. I was born in Russia and grew up there and then I came to America and learned a lot. I'm really grateful for everything I have since I've got here, on and off the court."

At first he called the test, which was both written and oral, "tough," but said he and his wife had little trouble passing it.

"I know for some guys it's kind of trouble, but it wasn't a very hard test," he said.

Comment

Kirilenko on the possible NBA Lock-Out

Andrei Kirilenko spoke about the NBA Lock-out in a brief interview with the Salt Lake Tribune:

“If lockout happens, I will definitely go back to Russia and play on Russian team.”
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

I'm not surprised. I think a lot of players will try to go to Europe if there is a lock-out. Not only European players, but lots of North American players will try to go. There is a good thread here discussing the possible impact of a lock-out on the EL.
                          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

With the recent trade of Deron Williams, the attention turns to Andrei Kirilenko on which Kirilenko is on the last year of his contract with the Jazz and there have been rumors of Kirilenko being traded as the Utah Jazz are after cap space as well as young pieces to build on.

Kirilenko could be traded for the last minute before the trade deadline or Utah may keep him for the remainder of the lost season and let Kirilenko walk away as Kirilenko could return to Europe, be it an NBA lockout or not.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Very unfortunate for AK

Artificial Nature

Comment

Check out Kirilenko's spanking new awesome looking tattoo (I would never do such a thing though )

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information