No announcement yet.

- The Dirk Nowitzki appreciation thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the vid i was looking for that .. i saw that in the game but i wanted to see that again... liked at the 4 minute he made the play by play anouncer hehe ....

Comment

Is this that famous dunk over Barkley? I had never seen it before.

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Some more oldies...
        Attached Files
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Dirk returns!

DALLAS (Reuters) - Dirk Nowitzki made a triumphant return from injury by helping the Dallas Mavericks post a crucial 111-86 win over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday.

The German-born Nowitzki scored 18 points and gave the Mavericks a psychological boost after missing four games with a sprained left knee and ankle.

"If it was November, there was no way I would play right now," Nowitzki told reporters. "But we are in a playoff race and we are still trying to get the seventh or eighth seed so I just had to gut it out."

The victory pushed Dallas, currently in seventh place in the Western Conference, a game ahead of Denver for the final playoff spot. Golden State dropped to ninth, two games behind Dallas.

"It was definitely a boost," Mavericks head coach Avery Johnson said of Nowitzki's return. "Dirk's our leader. We depend on him for a lot and he's a warrior."

A brace is seen on Dallas Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki's ankle during second half NBA basketball action against the Golden State Warriors in Dallas, Texas April 2, 2008.
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Interesting... braces these days do miracles...

Comment

So...here comes Dirk into the game doing his best Willis Reed impersonation at the end of the season. Does anybody think the Mavs are going to miss the play-offs? Does anybody think the Lakers/Spurs/Hornets want to play the Mavs in the first round?

I love Dirk. He's the best PF in the game and in the past two years, he's really turned into a PF (used to be more of an SF). He's amazing. But honestly, sometimes I get a little sick of the US media. Some basketball analysts on TV just never stop talking about him.
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Dirk scored 32 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in a crucial win over the Suns. Despite the recent injury, the good old Dirk is back
                Artificial Nature

Comment

So, it looks like the Mavs are going to be in the play-offs with that win last night. Did anybody really have any doubts?
                  "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                    So, it looks like the Mavs are going to be in the play-offs with that win last night. Did anybody really have any doubts?
                    In fact if Nowitzki had been more time away from the team , i would have had some doubts, but now with him, they are, as always, a huge menace for every single team.
                    I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by Neozyrus
                      In fact if Nowitzki had been more time away from the team , i would have had some doubts
                      Absolutely.
                      but now with him, they are, as always, a huge menace for every single team.
                      Oh yes! The only problem they'll have is that they will play as an "away team" in the play-offs. No home court advantage. That hurts every team. It looks like they'll probably play San Antonio in the play-offs. Dallas will have no problem defending Duncan and Oberto, but Parker and Ginobili will kill Dallas. Every time San Antonio has played Dallas, Parker and Ginobili have run circles around the Mavs.

Comment

And the Mavs are in the playoffs with a 97-94 win over the Jazz.
                        Dirk's 3-pointer puts them there

Artificial Nature

Comment

Great game. I wish I'd seen it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mavs in the Finals. Phoenix, San Antonio, or Mavericks. Dirk is playing like Dirk, obviously, and he gets the help from his team, he'll be fine.

Comment

Honestly in the west, appart of Denver, I wouldn't be surprised to see anybody in Finals. Maybe Houston, but yet...
                            It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Here is a playlist that i have on my favorites at youtube and it is about dirk's offcourt activities. Contains about 40 vids and growing (if you know of some that aren't in, let me know.

Oh! and a webpage i found. Has a funny game

This website is for sale! dirkkommt.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, dirkkommt.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                              sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Monster game for Dirk in the 1st round's game 3 against the Hornets: 32 pts + 19 rebs + 6 assists + 2 blocks.
                                Dirkish moves all the way:

Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information