X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 NBA Finals MVP Award Presentation: Dirk Nowitzki

Here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIyqmR1KerM

Congratulations Dirk!
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

• Not really sure where to put this, but I guess it qualifies as somebody appreciating Dirk Nowitzki...

DeShawn's Shirt: LeBron, How's my Dirk Taste? - by Ben Golliver, CBS Sports, 6/14/2011

...DeShawn Stevenson got in one final shot following Dallas' NBA title.

...On Monday, the Mavericks flew home to Dallas, where Stevenson was spotted wearing a Mavericks blue and white t-shirt with lettering that read: "Hey LeBron! How's my Dirk taste?"

That slogan is an obvious reference to a Shaquille O'Neal freestyle rap. O'Neal used the line, "Hey Kobe, tell me how my a** taste" to mock his former teammate with the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe Bryant.

To add a play on teammate Dirk Nowitzki's name here is incredibly inspired work from Stevenson, who may well have created a legacy for himself as "The Guy Who Got Into LeBron's Head Completely" in these 2011 NBA Finals...

DeShawn Stevenson: Heat Classless - June 14, 2011

DeShawn Stevenson admitted that beating self-proclaimed king LeBron James made the Dallas Mavericks' championship even sweeter.

"It makes me feel good, man, to beat him, to beat that Miami team," Stevenson told ESPNDallas.com in an AmericanAirlines Arena hallway after the Mavs clinched the title with Sunday's Game 6 win. "The way they act, the way they treated Dirk [Nowitzki], all the things that they said were very classless. To win on the court the way we did it, it was wonderful."

The Mavericks thought James and Dwyane Wade disrespected Nowitzki, who was named Finals MVP, by mocking his cough in front of television cameras after the Game 5 shootaround. Nowitzki, who played Game 4 with a sinus infection that caused a nasty cough and a 101-degree fever, called the incident "a little childish, a little ignorant."

...Stevenson, like many of the Mavericks, did not feel as if the Heat respected them during the series. That added a little extra enjoyment to Sunday night's celebration.

"I think we did it with class," said Stevenson...
      Stevenson is a tough son-of-a-gun. It's kind of nice to see him "sticking up" for Dirk. For some reason, it makes the world seem a little more just, as Rikhardur might say.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair View Post
        Not really sure where to put this, but I guess it qualifies as somebody appreciating Dirk Nowitzki...

Stevenson is a tough son-of-a-gun. It's kind of nice to see him "sticking up" for Dirk. For some reason, it makes the world seem a little more just, as Rikhardur might say.

A parody of Shaq's "Kobe, tell me how my @ss tastes"? Lol.
        Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

• Nowitzki has led the Mavericks to eleven consecutive NBA Playoffs (2000–01 to 2010–11), including an NBA Finals appearance in 2006 and the franchise's first championship in 2011, making him one of only five players in NBA history to win the championship while being the only NBA All-Star on the team. He is a ten-time All-Star and eleven-time member of the All-NBA Teams, and is the first European-born player in NBA history to receive the NBA Most Valuable Player award.[1] He is the first Maverick ever to be voted into an All-NBA Team and also holds several all-time Mavericks franchise records.[2] Only Nowitzki and three other players have ever averaged more than 25 points and 10 rebounds in the NBA playoffs, and only Nowitzki and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar have managed four consecutive 30-point 15-rebound games in the playoffs. Additionally, Nowitzki is the only player in NBA history to get over 100 blocks and 150 three-pointers in a single season.[2]
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

• Late congratulations. But hey, i have to eat my crow.

i've always shared the idea that Dirk is too soft to ever win a ring (Miami collapse in 05 and GSW upset in 06) and thought he'd NEVER recover from those gigantic disappointments.. Then this year happened and they got their 'ship-- to boot, against the much heralded (but hated) Miami Heat team.

This is all on Dirk. He pretty much played with a purpose all series (and well, playoffs) long! Congratulations on a much-deserved championship!
            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• The records involving rebounds are somewhat surprising.

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
              i've always shared the idea that Dirk is too soft to ever win a ring (Miami collapse in 05 and GSW upset in 06).
              Miami in 2006 and GS in 2007.
              Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

• Comment

• I never knew that Silke Nowitzki was the manager of her younger brother Dirk

Comment

• Where does Dirk rank on the All Time List of Power Forwards

When I think of the Greatest Power Forwards of All Time, of course I think of Timmy D straight away, followed by the rest: Charles, Karl, KG, McHale and Drik.

However, after this amazing performance of Dirk I come to realise that this lad from Germany could be in the top 3 Power Forwards of All Time.

He's obviously in the Top 6 though anyone now could argue to put him in the top 3.

Previously, majority of fans would say Timmy D followed by Charles or Karl.

However, neither of the two won a championship.

On the flip side, those who do not believe that Dirk belongs in the Top 3 could make a case that the German Bomber's defense is sub-par compared to KG, Charles and to a certain extent the "Mailman".

Is he in the Top 3?

I say he's definitely in the Top 5 but Top 3, not yet as his defensive weakness hampered the case that he was a complete player like Karl and Sir Charles.
                    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                    -El Padrino

Comment

• Originally posted by Saskibaloia View Post
                      Previously, majority of fans would say Timmy D followed by Charles or Karl.

However, neither of the two won a championship.
                      Well, not winning a championship doesn't mean they are bad players (I know you know that, just saying the obvious). I don't think that winning a championship validate a player's career, although psychologically, it does have an effect on me.

Dirk is better than KG and McHale. I have a certain nostalgia for McHale, but realistically, Dirk is just better.

I would say that he's up there with Duncan and Malone. Duncan, Malone, Dirk, those are the top three. They're all different players. Offensively, Dirk is ahead of the other two. Dirk is very creative offensively (as is Duncan, although a lot of people might say the opposite), which Malone was not.
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

• Happy 33rd anniversary Dirk! The birthday present came early
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

• Happy Birthday to my main man: the Redirkulous Dirk No-miss-ki"

Comment

• Mavs fan gets Dirk tattoo

...Rik? Uh...

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                                Not that crazy
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information