No announcement yet.

- The Dirk Nowitzki appreciation thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk probably had his best game so far in the season. Loss to the Lakers (102-100) but 35 pts (8-17 FG, 3-6 3pt, 10-12 FT) + 11 rebs + 1 assist and a season-high 5 blocks.

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

I guess Dirk was injured pretty bad in a game today. No word, but he might be out for a few games.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Dirk injured his left leg in today's game against the Spurs (which the Mavs lost 88-81 btw) while going for a block in the 3rd quarter. Cuban said Dirk could be sidelined for at least 2 weeks. It looked serious, but let's hope it really is not...

Edit: Matt beat me to it

Artificial Nature

Comment

Nowitzki Done?

DALLAS (AP)—Dirk Nowitzki started to grab the part of his left leg that hurt the most, then stopped. He might not have known what to rub first.

So the reigning league MVP dejectedly put a hand on his head. Then pounded the court.

Nowitzki was injured on an ugly looking fall in the third quarter of Dallas’ 88-81 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday, but left the arena without knowing how bad it is. The team termed it a “lower left leg injury” and said more details would come Monday.

“I fell awkwardly and my left leg got caught underneath of me,” Nowitzki said in a statement. “I am going to get re-evaluated in the morning and I hope to have more information then.”

Nowitzki went down after running and jumping to block a shot late in the third quarter. With Nowitzki writhing on the court, Tim Duncan grabbed the loose ball and scored, putting San Antonio ahead for the first time in the second half. It came during a 19-0 run that took the Spurs from 12 points down to in control the rest of the way.
          Last edited by rikhardur; 03-24-2008, 09:52 AM. Reason: Threads merged

Comment

Thanks for the video, Rick. And thanks for the article, L8. You can really see in the video that he came down bad on both his legs, but the way his left knee bent looks terribly painful. Ouch!
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks is out indefinitely with a moderate high ankle sprain and a mildly sprained knee.

It's a blow to the Mavericks' title hopes — and perhaps their chances of making the playoffs. The team announced the diagnosis after the reigning MVP got an MRI exam Monday, the day after he was injured during a game against San Antonio. He landed awkwardly on his left leg after running to block a shot.

Nowitzki said he's hoping to be out only one or two weeks. The regular season ends three weeks from Wednesday.

"I'm trying to see the positive and it could've been a lot worse," Nowitzki said, wearing a protective boot on his left ankle. "It could've been a season-ending injury or even career-ending."

He said the ankle and knee are both still stiff. He's trying to reduce swelling by putting them in ice every two hours, even when he sleeps. Doctors will check him out again Tuesday, then set a rehabilitation plan.

"Hopefully I can move where I can already go on the underwater treadmill a little bit in the next couple of days, so at least I can put some pressure on it and see how it feels," Nowitzki said.

Nowitzki has had plenty of traditional ankle sprains, but never a "high" one, which is closer to the shin. Local sports fans became familiar with the injury a few months ago, when Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens was out for three weeks then returned for the playoffs.

"Usually I'm good with recovering from injuries," Nowitzki said. "I know I'm not 20 any more, but I still feel young, my body feels young. So hopefully I can recover pretty quick." [...]
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Wow. That sounds pretty bad. It sounds to me like 1-2 weeks is maybe a little "short" considering the injury. If he's soaking it in ice 12 hours a day, it must be really bad. Josh Howard is a fine, fine young player, but without Dirk, the Mavs can kiss their play-off hopes goodbye.

Comment

He's dreaming if he thinks he'll be on court in 2 weeks. More like a month. It's possible he'll be back in 2 weeks, but for sure with painkillers.

Comment

I dont think that an injury like that would be less than 3 weeks or (more likely) one month. Anyway i hope im wrong, or dallas is gonna suffer a lot to get the playoffs.
                    Now that Kidd, Stackhouse and Howard will have to take one step ahead and take more responsability, we'll see if they can survive (in a way like Houston did without Yao) or if they fall down (and in a conference so hard as the western is, that would probably mean that they will say goodbye to the season really soon).
                    I KISS BASKET

Comment

What the latest news on Dirk's injury? How serious is it?

Comment

Originally posted by L8DBACK
                        What the latest news on Dirk's injury? How serious is it?
                        I heard on SportsCenter that he might be out for 3 or 4 weeks. But on insidehoops.com today, there is a link to an article that says if he's out for 2 weeks, that is a "worst case scenario," so he might be back in about 10 days.

Comment

at the game dallas - clippers dirk took the microphone and talk to the dallas television network and also made play by play commentating which was very amusing

he told that he will at least lose the regular seasonalso he told that he hurts and he cant sleep from the pain and he was very tired .and he make a couple of jokes being dirk we know and love

Comment

The Dallas Morning News -

The Mavericks claim that they got all the right results from Dirk Nowitzki's tests and the initial two-week prognosis could be a worst-case scenario, according to the Dallas Morning News.

"From what I'm hearing, he's doing really well," coach Avery Johnson said Tuesday night. "That doesn't mean he's going to be back anytime soon. But for the type of injury, he's doing well. Hopefully, we'll catch a break with it. And he'll heal like he normally heals, and it won't take that long."

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Davis 4 president
                              at the game dallas - clippers dirk took the microphone and talk to the dallas television network and also made play by play commentating which was very amusing

he told that he will at least lose the regular seasonalso he told that he hurts and he cant sleep from the pain and he was very tired .and he make a couple of jokes being dirk we know and love

Thanks for the update Baron Davis 4 president!
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information