Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EL2022-23 game day 22 & 23 (double week)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stand Birutis...Soft, slow center...worst kind possible
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Micic is really hard to tolerate. Horrible really really horrible!

Comment

I really don't understand why Iggy is trying to play p'n'r. Just leave him play ISO, that's so simple. P'n'r situations only limits him. Efes sort of out hustles Zalgiris and that's very bad news.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Brazdeikis cooking. Ulanovas making tough shots No other players help him. Efes far from shinning so Zalgiris bench kinda screwing the great chance to grab a win.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Seriously, Lithuanian coaches don't understand that ISO players exist. Just don't try to set a fucking pick each and every time jeez....

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Having Beaubois as defender is nightmare, except he has long hands and he use it for blocks and steals, one of the worst guys in EL regarding defense moving and covering

Comment

Clyburn what a defense!

Comment

Too bad. Zalgiris kept Micic, Larkin, Beaubois with pretty small numbers. Clyburn was great, but still Zalgiris had chance, but it was far from the best game. I think Zalgiris showed too much respect to Efes and looked a bit intimidated, specially bigs. Hard to play without starting level PG, specially when Lekavicius' mind is somewhere in Greece this season.

Happy to see Brazdeikis with career high 25pts.

Efes still No.1 favorite to become champs with this roster.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

After watching all Efes games this season, one notice (fair imo), couldn't resist the impression that every team (except Barca) gave 120% of real capabilities

That what Bayern, Baskonia and Valencia for instance made in those games is madness. In next 10 games they won't repeat that

BTW Efes played many bad games but their position in the standings isn't adequate even for this level of performance they showed until now.
                    For the 1st time we saw big trio in action(last minutes). though Micic was on the bench but he played smart enough before that and Efes didn't lose last qt

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                      After watching all Efes games this season, one notice (fair imo), couldn't resist the impression that every team (except Barca) gave 120% of real capabilities

That what Bayern, Baskonia and Valencia for instance made in those games is madness. In next 10 games they won't repeat that
                      I would add Milano to that list above, and Zalgiris (and CZ) to the below.

the hard work paid off so far. the budgets are not, but at least the ball has been fair.

different from you, and different from my own earlier opinion, I think this will continue till the end. We will probably see a surprising F4 quartet.
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                        I would add Milano to that list above, and Zalgiris (and CZ) to the below.

the hard work paid off so far. the budgets are not, but at least the ball has been fair.

different from you, and different from my own earlier opinion, I think this will continue till the end. We will probably see a surprising F4 quartet.
                        My point is that high effort from those team in games against Efes(not that it's not natural) were above their real capabilities cos in some other games they showed two levels worse performances. All of them had higher motivation when they face 2 in a row champion and Efes wasn't capable to live with that pressure(without Larkin)

CZ isn't in that group(yet) because Efes beated them in 2nd gear. In Belgrade will be different story

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Too bad. Zalgiris kept Micic, Larkin, Beaubois with pretty small numbers. Clyburn was great, but still Zalgiris had chance, but it was far from the best game. I think Zalgiris showed too much respect to Efes and looked a bit intimidated, specially bigs. Hard to play without starting level PG, specially when Lekavicius' mind is somewhere in Greece this season.

Happy to see Brazdeikis with career high 25pts.

Efes still No.1 favorite to become champs with this roster.
                          They will have a hard time reaching the playoffs this year.
                          1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            Seriously, Lithuanian coaches don't understand that ISO players exist. Just don't try to set a fucking pick each and every time jeez....
                            Yes, his system became too predictable. And yesterday Ataman stayed awake from the beginning to the end of the game, good coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                              As always you are the only one(except me) who notice true and obvious problems. Both of those two are clowns. Bottom of the small forwards list in EL. one of the worst. Almost every team has better forwards

I would add Willbekin to the list, not because he is bad player, but because expectations were so high(including milion buyout) to be leader and star. I knew from the start he is just EC level player, overated for 3 games in Dacka's champion year, especially in Munich . Calathes has better 3pt percentage then him, what a blow for Gator's favorite
                              Calathes is the worst possible fit with Wilbekin. He kills spacing Wilbekin needs and needs to have ball in his hand, and Wilbekin is the best with the ball in his hands too. I'm sure that forwards don't like to play 4/5 either.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                                Calathes is the worst possible fit with Wilbekin. He kills spacing Wilbekin needs and needs to have ball in his hand, and Wilbekin is the best with the ball in his hands too. I'm sure that forwards don't like to play 4/5 either.
                                You anticipated me, I was ready to write the same more or less lol.

At the beginning of the season I was thinking that they would fit well, Calathes pg serving Wilbekin sg with the latter being free to distance himself and take free shots.

Practice has rejected this theory. Both of them want the ball in their hands, Calathes shoots and penetrates more than necessary and Wilbekin wants to play as a pg shooter reminding his Maccabi career.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information