EL 2022-23 Gameday 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    It seems like first 5 or 6 teams in league, don't play even close to their own best. Because they have understood, regular season is too long, they cannot lose their positions, crucially, is not so important if some team are 6th or 2nd. Unforutunately, Euroleague regular season starts to look like Nba regular season. I think completely different shape of teams will be until quarter-finals, what in some way makes regular season senseless. So, there need a changes in competition format, what of course will not happen.

Quality of teams and players is usual and similar like in last years. What amazed me is basic mistakes of all teams, in defensive transition, some player playing one type of defence, other playing different, u15 turnovers , allowing offensive rebound completely, 3 offensive players alone. It's no more question of lack of intensity, team play and and looking best optionswhat I 've written about, what has happened in last years, there are first options in offense without thinking, play with minimal contacts on both side,etc, now is even worse from there reasons I mentioned.

I cannot remember in Euroleague in my life i have seen team in one game playing almost good 10 or 15 minutes, since playing horrible, and after 15 minutes again start to play correct, simultaneously opponent team doing completely opposite.In that sense, Euroleague is more fun, but in negative way. Such things there are in NCAA, there is understandble, it's about players about 20 years, for Barcelona, Olympiacos, Monaco is disappointg see, they allowing 35 points in one quarter, or they allowing 17 offensive rebounds or they making 10 assists in one game.
    We are living in crazy times and nothing as used to be. Including basketball.

One question for you.. Is there possibility for the war on Kosovo because it's the only chance for Efes to qualifie No more Russian teams to jump over like last season

Comment

Perasovic would average 61 point triple double in current weak Euroleague. MELGA
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
        We are living in crazy times and nothing as used to be. Including basketball.

One question for you.. Is there possibility for the war on Kosovo because it's the only chance for Efes to qualifie No more Russian teams to jump over like last season
        Not, at all. You can be calm.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
          Not, at all. You can be calm.
          I am joking of course I see both Partizan and CZ in top8

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
            I am joking of course I see both Partizan and CZ in top8
            I understood. I think it wil be difficult, more realistic is neither one of two teams to be in quarter-finals, it seems like first 8 in this moment with Efes have more quality and they are step ahead of others,

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
              I think one reason might be the severe drop in the roster quality. Maybe when the level is so low, even aged mediocre players like Dee Bost can come in from a lower league and completely destroy a F4 contender in the EL. the disturbances are easier to make in a shallow pond than a deep lake.

Mediocre players of a few years ago have became stars/crucial players now (Laprovittola, Pierria Henry, Hayes-Davis, Lessort, Walkup, Vezenkov, Fall, majority of Oly team, Baron, even Clyburn to an extent, etc. many more).

I'm not sure if all of them improved that much. More like the league dropped to their level or below.
              It's not only about lack of quality, this format is pretty bad imo.

I mean that best teams are not playing with 100% every game because they will be in PO anyway. Last season Efes started really bad but still they won the title. Also there is a lot of garbage time and boring games in 2nd half of season because of teams which are out of PO.

I am missing old good top16.

Comment

Poor game, at generally. Partizan played well first half, second bad, CZ played bad fist half, second correct. Many things depended in this game on individuals like Vildoza and Nedovic in CZ, as well as Exum and Leday in Partizan. I think Partizan made less mistakes, this is biggest reason for win. CZ misses options in offense, Partizan usually losing intensity,pace and sense in some period.

Comment

Tough game in Belgrade. Same ending but different outcome. Partizan deserved to win, in my opinion. However, Nemanja's shot should count for 4. What a great player he is, despite the crucial mistake he made at the last minute.

Comment

What a party today for Costello against Efes big men. It is quite inexplicable why Dunston is still part of the roster. They shot 16/33 3pts and nevertheless they lost at the end. Baskonia shot too many 3pts without reason, otherwise they would have taken the advantage earlier.

Comment

Efes rebounding problem keeps being a problem. A big rotation like this is a big problem. No pick and roll defense is playable with these bigs. Markus Howard really outplayed even Beaubois in iso. He is a better creator for himself than Larkin. Efes is a very solid team but with these bigs they remain very vulnerable. Singleton needs to find his shape very soon or even playoffs will be at stake.

Comment

In fact, next 13 weeks it will play for we find out between Baskonia, Zalgiris, MaccabI and Efes, who will be behind 8th place. There is chances for Partizan, CZ and Valencia, but is rather to compete then to achieve, what compete for. In mext three weks on schedule are games, Zalgiris vs Partizan, Zalgiris vs Baskonia, Valencia vs Maccabi, Maccabi vs CZ, Efes vs Zalgiris, after games it will be clear out . I think for 8th place will be struggle until last game between Maccabi and Zalgiris. Baskonia and Efes should be 6th ans 7th. Partizan and CZ 10th and 11th, Valencia is closest to 12th place.

Comment

8 seconds easy gone, lol.. in continuation, avramovic scoring 3 points..

Comment

Partizan was better for 1 point and honestly they were very lucky in some moments. But still, deserved win.

CZ is a bit tired but we will keep fighting until Campazzo and Martin join us.

Comment

Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
                              8 seconds easy gone, lol.. in continuation, avramovic scoring 3 points..
                              This was situation, after jumping ball, I really don't know rules precisely in these situations, is it time restart or count or continue. But even if should be call violation 8 seconds, this is happened in 3rd quarter, what should we do, to discuss about any situation, in any period, in any game ? I can understand, you are dissatisfied with referees criterrion of defense intensity, but I didn't see in some situation in which referees calling for Partizan what on other side they are not, simply isn't true.

Comment

Enormous enormous baskonia and thanks efes.two teams, two great coach showed what euro basket Is

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information