Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EL 2022-23 Gameday 20

Othello Hunter, wow. Who knew he has this 3p shot?
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Watching Zalgiris is so annoying, they are playing handball defense. I understand they are limited with talent but still, its too much.

Anyway, we must win against Partizan and one more game in Italy at least to keep alive till 28th February and Campazzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Watching Zalgiris is so annoying, they are playing handball defense. I understand they are limited with talent but still, its too much.

Anyway, we must win against Partizan and one more game in Italy at least to keep alive till 28th February and Campazzo.
    Not that sure about Campazzo is such difference maker. He was good in Real, Killer Bob made legend of him here, but still I am not that convinced in his superiority

I would rather focus on Nedovic, one of my favorite players(I repeated that many times), still underated but I hope he will make step further. Both Milan and Pao were stupid to let him go

His skillset and mind is above any sg currently playing in EL. But he needs time to forget all those wasted years in wrong teams and to be aware that he is the leader now, not Vildosa(never was), not Campazzo(except in Bob's posts), but him.

Please all former jugoslavian fans should shut their mouth before talking about handball defence. Divac or Savic,Tomasevic types all career played only handball defence .

Zvezda in euroleague plays handball defence for like last 5 seasons

When former best lithuanian players is invited to todays podcasts most of them says jugoslavian player was dirtiest players in fiba. Holding,pushing themselfs and first falling on the grounds like bullet hit them

When i watch zvezda game at home in euroleague last 5 season i say to my friends be ready it will basketball in mud team who scores 62pts wins

Funny hear crying about handball defence from jugoslavian fans their basketball school invented this type defence.

Got beat by your own medicine in last 5 minutes take it like a men and go home prepare for next game
    Last edited by Shawshank; 01-21-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Please all former jugoslavian fans should shut their mouth before talking about handball defence. Divac or Savic,Tomasevic types all career played only handball defence .

Zvezda in euroleague plays handball defence for like last 5 seasons

When former best lithuanian players is invited to todays podcasts most of them says jugoslavian player was dirtiest players in fiba. Holding,pushing themselfs and first falling on the grounds like bullet hit them

When i watch zvezda game at home in euroleague last 5 season i say to my friends be ready it will basketball in mud team who scores 62pts wins

Funny hear crying about handball defence from jugoslavian fans their basketball school invented this type defence.

Got beat by your own medicine in last 5 minutes take it like a men and go home prepare for next game
    Exactly. CZ has players who nothing else do than playing hard defense to make more fouls then referees calling. CZ didn't create and organize one good offensive possession in last quarter. About what we should discuss ? Zalgiris play well, way of basketball what they play, for now they are better then CZ and Partizan, if in this moment would be the end of season, they deserved to be in quarter-finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Exactly. CZ has players who nothing else do than playing hard defense to make more fouls then referees calling. CZ didn't create and organize one good offensive possession in last quarter. About what we should discuss ? Zalgiris play well, way of basketball what they play, for now they are better then CZ and Partizan, if in this moment would be the end of season, they deserved to be in quarter-finals.
    U really can not compare Zvezda,Zalgiris and Partizan..
    Zvezda and Zalgiris plays team basketball with mostly domestic players and some quality foreigners. Partizan is team with mostly foreigner players, which in most situations plays one on one attacks and quality foreigners carry the team with their individual performances.
    That's why Partizan, even with that budget, is not competative for the top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by coinho View Post
    U really can not compare Zvezda,Zalgiris and Partizan..
    Zvezda and Zalgiris plays team basketball with mostly domestic players and some quality foreigners. Partizan is team with mostly foreigner players, which in most situations plays one on one attacks and quality foreigners carry the team with their individual performances.
    That's why Partizan, even with that budget, is not competative for the top 8.
    I can compare Partizan, Zalgiris and CZ, with quality and results. By style, it's difficult to compare any two or more clubs. CZ has Camapzzo, Vildoza, Martin, Holland, Bentil, and Ivanovic Montenegrin, Adams has been and is dismissed, Polonara should come, he is not because ban of registration. So, there are 6 foreign players, or at least 5, circumstancially there are no more.

Partizan has Punter, Lessort, Leday, Pappapetrou, Exum, Nunnally, and Madar who is youngster, he is not really foreign player, because he grown up like player here.

Zalgiris has Taylor who came due injury of Evans, Cavanaugh, Hayes and Smits who is Latvian, similar case like Ivanovic. So, there are three Americans, fourth in absence of one of threes, and one regional.

So is bigger difference between Zalgiris and CZ, then between Partizan and CZ.

Style of play of Partizan, 1on1 play, has nothing with truth. Because CZ play more 1on1 then Partizan. Basically, CZ offense is based on pnr like initiation for 1 on 1 play for Vildoza or Nedovic, when is aggresive defense on pnr 1 of opponent, there is play inside for Petrusev and Mitrovic, if there is no space for 1 on 1 or play inside, there are shoots for 3p over players or these who have open shoots like Lazic or Dobric.

Partizan has offensively calls for Punter on 3p, or to go around with ball how he will make advantage for other players, conditionally is 1 on 1, and there is isolations for Exum. That's it 1 on 1 in Partizan offense.

Pnr with Lessort oppening inside. Pnr otpions for 3p shoots, simultaneously on post or cuts with Pappapetrou. There is type of offense what Obradovic often play in every team, when you make a little advantage on one side, it caused defensive rotation, then you moving ball around how you will have best option. Partizan surely isn't on the top Euroleague in 1on1 play, between other things, there is problem of Partizan, not to shoot from some positions which are better then these from finally shoot.

Oh, come on, stop whining and just admit that you lose fair and square! Regardless of this match, I think we just spent too much time discussing Campazzo case. Like, how it is wrong that he can't play even if we all know pretty well that Red Star always had less money than other teams in euroleague (like Zalgiris), and now they suddenly have money to sign player like this. That's insane and that's ridiculous! And we all know that Red Star played hard defense exactly because they didn't have much talent back then but I guess that's all right, when Red Star played such "handball defense" their fans think it's great, when someone else played exactly like that it's not fair. All I can say is keep complaining we will be in our home gym in front of our home crowd in Kaunas in the end of May. You can cheer for us, after all, we are not that different, except this season.

I can compare Partizan, Zalgiris and CZ, with quality and results. By style, it's difficult to compare any two or more clubs. CZ has Camapzzo, Vildoza, Martin, Holland, Bentil, and Ivanovic Montenegrin, Adams has been and is dismissed, Polonara should come, he is not because ban of registration. So, there are 6 foreign players, or at least 5, circumstancially there are no more.

Partizan has Punter, Lessort, Leday, Pappapetrou, Exum, Nunnally, and Madar who is youngster, he is not really foreign player, because he grown up like player here.

Zalgiris has Taylor who came due injury of Evans, Cavanaugh, Hayes and Smits who is Latvian, similar case like Ivanovic. So, there are three Americans, fourth in absence of one of threes, and one regional.

So is bigger difference between Zalgiris and CZ, then between Partizan and CZ.

Style of play of Partizan, 1on1 play, has nothing with truth. Because CZ play more 1on1 then Partizan. Basically, CZ offense is based on pnr like initiation for 1 on 1 play for Vildoza or Nedovic, when is aggresive defense on pnr 1 of opponent, there is play inside for Petrusev and Mitrovic, if there is no space for 1 on 1 or play inside, there are shoots for 3p over players or these who have open shoots like Lazic or Dobric.

Partizan has offensively calls for Punter on 3p, or to go around with ball how he will make advantage for other players, conditionally is 1 on 1, and there is isolations for Exum. That's it 1 on 1 in Partizan offense.

Pnr with Lessort oppening inside. Pnr otpions for 3p shoots, simultaneously on post or cuts with Pappapetrou. There is type of offense what Obradovic often play in every team, when you make a little advantage on one side, it caused defensive rotation, then you moving ball around how you will have best option. Partizan surely isn't on the top Euroleague in 1on1 play, between other things, there is problem of Partizan, not to shoot from some positions which are better then these from finally shoot.
    I can discuss with every thing u wrote here but ill not because i dont have time for this spins..

I will just say, u added to Zvezda Polonara who isnt even in Zvezda,Campazzo who has not played any game in the Euroleague, Adams who are no longer in our club (played 3 games), Ivanovic who is Serbian/Montenegrian.
    Somehow u forgot to put Brodziansky for Partizan and Glass who left Partizan a week ago (U mentioned Adams, so i guess u should mention Glass). And come on, Partizan paid to Hapoel Tel Aviv last season and brought Madar. He grown up in his contry Israel and thats it, dont be funny..
    About domestic player usage, that not even a close, u can google and take a look how many Zvezda use domestic players and how many Partizan. Zvezda is among the first in that segment and Partizan is at the very bottom.

Now I have answered you these spins that you have told, but in future i will not because you are obsessed with Red Star, so much so that you will lie and present non sense things here.
    I will just laugh at your posts, and sometimes answer you in a joking tone.
    Last edited by coinho; 01-21-2023 at 08:28 PM.

I can discuss with every thing u wrote here but ill not because i dont have time for this spins..

I will just say, u added to Zvezda Polonara who isnt even in Zvezda,Campazzo who has not played any game in the Euroleague, Adams who are no longer in our club (played 3 games), Ivanovic who is Serbian/Montenegrian.
    Somehow u forgot to put Brodziansky for Partizan and Glass who left Partizan a week ago (U mentioned Adams, so i guess u should mention Glass). And come on, Partizan paid to Hapoel Tel Aviv last season and brought Madar. He grown up in his contry Israel and thats it, dont be funny..
    About domestic player usage, that not even a close, u can google and take a look how many Zvezda use domestic players and how many Partizan. Zvezda is among the first in that segment and Partizan is at the very bottom.

Now I have answered you these spins that you have told, but in future i will not because you are obsessed with Red Star, so much so that you will lie and present non sense things here.
    I will just laugh at your posts, and sometimes answer you in a joking tone.
    Is not true about paying to Hapoel for Madar Ivanovic is Montenegrin, if you consider him like Serbian, you should consider Buducnost like Serbian team. Brodzianski left, Glas came in Partizan like 19 years old, he is much closer to domestic player then Ivanovic. CZ statistically has most domestic players, because there is roster of 16 players. If we look what is crucially, Zalgiris has a most minor influence of foreign players. Partizan isn't on the top of foreign players. Behind Zalgiris, CZ, Asvel, Partizan is fourth in this cathergory.

Whole story about foreign players is absurd, it shows nothing. Nedovic is more expensive then any of Partizan players, except Punter. Or Smits and Ulanovas in Zalgiris are more expensive then our foreign players like Avramovic, Smailagic and Andjusic.

I regret you will not answer further, because your comments make a lot of sense.

Is not true about paying to Hapoel for Madar Ivanovic is Montenegrin, if you consider him like Serbian, you should consider Buducnost like Serbian team. Brodzianski left, Glas came in Partizan like 19 years old, he is much closer to domestic player then Ivanovic. CZ statistically has most domestic players, because there is roster of 16 players. If we look what is crucially, Zalgiris has a most minor influence of foreign players. Partizan isn't on the top of foreign players. Behind Zalgiris, CZ, Asvel, Partizan is fourth in this cathergory.

Eurohoops, Basket news, Sportando announced the news that the Partizan paid 250k$ buyout for Madar, but i sure u have better info then them That is so easy to google. Also every Serbian media published that but i am mentonied foregein media because u would say how Serbian Media is owned by Zvezda
    I feel really sorry to make people boring there about those Zvezda-Partizan things, but this guy is lying and spinning in almost every post and i have to answer sometimes..

Whole story about foreign players is absurd, it shows nothing. Nedovic is more expensive then any of Partizan players, except Punter. Or Smits and Ulanovas in Zalgiris are more expensive then our foreign players like Avramovic, Smailagic and Andjusic.

I regret you will not answer further, because your comments make a lot of sense.
    Eurohoops, Basket news, Sportando announced the news that the Partizan paid 250k$ buyout for Madar, but i sure u have better info then them. That is so easy to google. Also every Serbian media published that but i am mentonied foregein media because u would say how Serbian Media is owned by Zvezda.
    I feel really sorry to make people boring there about those Zvezda-Partizan things, but this guy is lying and spinning in almost every post and i have to answer sometimes..

Eurohoops, Basket news, Sportando announced the news that the Partizan paid 250k$ buyout for Madar, but i sure u have better info then them. That is so easy to google. Also every Serbian media published that but i am mentonied foregein media because u would say how Serbian Media is owned by Zvezda.
    He has mentioned websites who in middle of negotiations, published Partizan ''aleggedly'' should pay 250k buyout. After signing there is no website, who published Partizan paid 250k to Hapoel. Links of these websites for Madar's signing, confirm that. He mention speculation news and he consider it like sustainable argument and write about lies.

https://basketnews.com/news-155331-p...year-deal.html
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurocup...dds-yam-madar/

I remember in Israel sites also wrote there was a buyout otherwise Maccabi would have been interested in signing him. I don't remember the amount requested but it seems not very reliable to me that they let him go receiving nothing. We are talking about an important player with Israeli passport.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    I remember in Israel sites also wrote there was a buyout otherwise Maccabi would have been interested in signing him. I don't remember the amount requested but it seems not very reliable to me that they let him go receiving nothing. We are talking about an important player with Israeli passport.
    Theoretically, it's equally possible he signed with and without buyout. I cannot assert he signed without, but there are no enough informations what tell opposite. From this reason isn't ok to take media conditiomal informations during the negotiations. He has been big prospect, but 20 years old, from team who is far from desirable in Europe. We don't know has it Hapoel some unpaid salaries to Madar, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Not that sure about Campazzo is such difference maker. He was good in Real, Killer Bob made legend of him here, but still I am not that convinced in his superiority

I would rather focus on Nedovic, one of my favorite players(I repeated that many times), still underated but I hope he will make step further. Both Milan and Pao were stupid to let him go

His skillset and mind is above any sg currently playing in EL. But he needs time to forget all those wasted years in wrong teams and to be aware that he is the leader now, not Vildosa(never was), not Campazzo(except in Bob's posts), but him.
    Vildoza and Nedovic are similar level but Campazzo is one more lovel above IMO.

He is not top scorer like James, Larkin or Howard but his court vision is insane and that is what this CZ team need.

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    Oh, come on, stop whining and just admit that you lose fair and square! Regardless of this match, I think we just spent too much time discussing Campazzo case. Like, how it is wrong that he can't play even if we all know pretty well that Red Star always had less money than other teams in euroleague (like Zalgiris), and now they suddenly have money to sign player like this. That's insane and that's ridiculous! And we all know that Red Star played hard defense exactly because they didn't have much talent back then but I guess that's all right, when Red Star played such "handball defense" their fans think it's great, when someone else played exactly like that it's not fair. All I can say is keep complaining we will be in our home gym in front of our home crowd in Kaunas in the end of May. You can cheer for us, after all, we are not that different, except this season.
    What is your opinion about Monaco?

I mean, french team which suddenly has 15-20 mil budget? Euroleague has nothing against russian money obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Ulanovas. Clutchiest player in EL
    You were correct and people who laughed at you got schooled:

The top clutch scorers of the EuroLeague get revealed
    https://basketnews.com/news-184217-t...-revealed.html
    Dwayne Bacon is the top scorer in clutch time currently in the EuroLeague. Edgaras Ulanovas is the most efficient out of the Top 10 while Nemanja Nedovic has the worst average of points per possession.

Dwayne Bacon - 43 PTS, 1.23 PPP, 15 FGM
    Nando de Colo - 40 PTS, 1.03 PPP, 12 FGM
    Will Clyburn - 39 PTS, 1.22 PPP, 14 FGM
    Chris Jones - 36 PTS, 1.00 PPP, 10 FGM
    Mike James - 35 PTS, 0.85 PPP, 10 FGM
    Luca Vildoza - 31 PTS, 1.24 PPP, 9 FGM
    Edgaras Ulanovas - 31 PTS, 1.41 PPP, 7 FGM
    Elie Okobo - 30 PTS, 1.36 PPP, 9 FGM
    Nemanja Nedovic - 30 PTS, 0.79 PPP, 8 FGM
    Alpha Diallo - 27 PTS, 1.23 PPP, 6 FGM
    Ps: Ulanovas is number 4 in all EL out of all SF (after clyburn, bacon and 1 more that I di not remember) in terms of general effectiveness ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    You were correct and people who laughed at you got schooled:
    That's what I do
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Vildoza and Nedovic are similar level but Campazzo is one more lovel above IMO.

He is not top scorer like James, Larkin or Howard but his court vision is insane and that is what this CZ team need.

What is your opinion about Monaco?

I mean, french team which suddenly has 15-20 mil budget? Euroleague has nothing against russian money obviously.
    If you know something about Monaco you can inform us, the latest news is that the Russian owner of Monaco soccer has just sold his best player to Chelsea. It seems that he rather needs to make money instead of spending them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12