Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EL2022-23 game day 18 & 19 (double week)

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Reaching the F4 with such an expensive roster would be the bare minimum for any coach but I get it if you consider this as an achievement, because in reality he is a very limited if not bad one.

Can
    Playing final first season, in second one losing in semi-final on one ball is at least ok..

Reaching the F4 with such an expensive roster would be the bare minimum for any coach but I get it if you consider this as an achievement, because in reality he is a very limited if not bad one.

Can
    Before Saras, Barcelona had again reached f4 in 2014. Then, in 2015 and 2016 they reached quarterfinals, in 2017 they were 11th, in 2018 13th and in 2019 they just reached quarterfinals. So, during his first 2 seasons with Barcelona, reaching f4 2 years in a row is quite an achievement in my opinion.

Can
    Of course if he repeats the previous season it would be a big failure. Panathinaikos has already fired excellent coaches like Pascual, Ivanovic, Djordjevic and there should be awareness that with this owner it will be difficult to see again big names coaching the team.

There is one prejudice about Larkin, as he is iso guy what he isn't and never was. Micic, Clyburn and Beaubois are

Last 3 or 4 minutes of the game isos are not that bad, especially when you lead and try to draw fouls. But Micic and Clyburn sometimes overdo it.

Efes is already better, even with this underperforming Larkin but for beating teams like CZ, Real or Oly, they will need much more ball sharing in future.

About Saras I think that nevertheless it would be a reasonable choice for Pana, he fits Greek basket and mentality (hard defense and team basket without protagonists), he could built something like he did with Zalgiris so I agree with Tonia who wants him. But after Barcelona it has become a big name difficult to convince.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    About Saras I think that nevertheless it would be a reasonable choice for Pana, he fits Greek basket and mentality (hard defense and team basket without protagonists), he could built something like he did with Zalgiris so I agree with Tonia who wants him. But after Barcelona it has become a big name difficult to convince.
    No coach with decent prospects will come work for Pao while DPG is at the helm.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Interesting opinion. Looks strange, but maybe you are right, partally. I also think, Jasikevicius is rather for 2nd level quality clubs,if is possible with great history and passion of fans. Surely, it's question, about Panathinaikos with their inner work characteristics with Dimitris Gianacopoulos.

If Barcelona dismiss him, there is no many options for him. Maybe Maccabi, if they are ready for complete changing style of play, Fenerbahce has Itoudis who probably will stay there longer period. Efes surely isn't option, as well as Real and Olympiacos. Milano and Virtus in some scenario, but there is also more arguments against.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Interesting opinion. Looks strange, but maybe you are right, partally. I also think, Jasikevicius is rather for 2nd level quality clubs,if is possible with great history and passion of fans. Surely, it's question, about Panathinaikos with their inner work characteristics with Dimitris Gianacopoulos.

If Barcelona dismiss him, there is no many options for him. Maybe Maccabi, if they are ready for complete changing style of play, Fenerbahce has Itoudis who probably will stay there longer period. Efes surely isn't option, as well as Real and Olympiacos. Milano and Virtus in some scenario, but there is also more arguments against.
    From what we have seen till now this is the truth. Better for him to work where everyone is willing to follow him obeying without discussions, adaptations, player narcissism, decisions by the property without consulting him. Barcelona surely isn't that kind of a club.

I'm not quite sure if the relation between Jasikevicius and D.Giannakopoulos is no longer good, but it is true that D.G. had asked Saras to be PAO's coach when Obradovic left. Considering that he loves Greece (he has a greek wife after all) and that he would probably like this kind of challenge, I think it's up to the contract that would be offered to him.

Quote Originally Posted by tonia View Post
    I'm not quite sure if the relation between Jasikevicius and D.Giannakopoulos is no longer good, but it is true that D.G. had asked Saras to be PAO's coach when Obradovic left. Considering that he loves Greece (he has a greek wife after all) and that he would probably like this kind of challenge, I think it's up to the contract that would be offered to him.
    I didn't mean on their personal relationships, but how much DG controversial .that keeps far some coaches from Panathinaikos. I also think it could be done job with Saras if Pao will be serious enough in negotiations.

I didn't mean on their personal relationships, but how much DG controversial .that keeps far some coaches from Panathinaikos. I also think it could be done job with Saras if Pao will be serious enough in negotiations.
    It's not that easy, I rather agree with (our) Paspalj but now the owner has other priorities (the deal for the Palasport, he doesn't accept the government's proposal which doesn't include the parking area).

It's not that easy, I rather agree with (our) Paspalj but now the owner has other priorities (the deal for the Palasport, he doesn't accept the government's proposal which doesn't include the parking area).
    But in case of Jasikevicius, it could be important, what other teams aren't really much better options for him. I think it cannot continuing indefinitely problems of Pao owner with coaches. He will realize somehow, there is no sense to sign coaches like Vovoras, Radonjic, Priftis, who are undermined with lack of influence on the beginning because scarce C.V., furthermore there are no extraordinary coaches.

You invest money, you can'tbe 1st in Greece, and you can't be even contender for Euroleague quarter-finals. Every person with average I.Q. would understand situation. DG is psychologically specific, but if he is really totally insanse, somebody around him in Panathinaikos has mind.to realize. Panathiaikos, between other things, has problem with base of Greek players, most of them are in Olympaicos, lack of budget to compete with richest teams in Europe, as well bad leading of DG has made very bad situation in which Panathinaikos is last few years.

But also, Maccabi has been in similar situation, as well Barcelona, Milano, Olympiacos. But, clubs with such history have some sustainability and vitality to overcome problems and to again and again recover. State of things is like this, in period of 10 years, there is no more reasons Valencia or Asvel or Besiktas will be better than these what I mentioned. So, these teams cannot be in very long period bad, because always some others need to be better then them. Simply there are no many teams in Europe, who could be on this level. Pao misses something really good to happen there to initiate further optimism.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456