Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Gilas Eligible NBL/NBL 1 Australia Candidates/Prospects

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,533
    Country: Philippines

    Default Gilas Eligible NBL/NBL 1 Australia Candidates/Prospects

    I create this thread to focus mainly on Young Gilas Eligible Players who might be considered to be in NBL Australia where Kai Is Playing. Or at least NBL 1.

    Do you see someone capable of Following Kai in NBL?

    Anyone in Batang Gilas? Or Gilas Eligible Foreign Based/Dual Citizen who can be considered?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,533
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    I create this thread to focus mainly on Young Gilas Eligible Players who might be considered to be in NBL Australia where Kai Is Playing. Or at least NBL 1.

    Do you see someone capable of Following Kai in NBL?

    Anyone in Batang Gilas? Or Gilas Eligible Foreign Based/Dual Citizen who can be considered?
    On Top of my Head (Young ones)

    Homegrown - Tamayo, Lopez,

    Foreign Based - Caelum Harris, Mason Amos, CJ Amos, Femi Edu, Alex Konov, Zain Mahmood,
    Jacob Bayla

    Anyone I missed?

  3. #3
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6,409
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    Note
    Heading
    Tuffin
    Spencer
    Amos

    Among others are classified as locals, not only SRP (which is restricted to 1 per team)

    * Dech an Australian citizen represents South Sudan but is classified as a local in the NBL

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,780
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Bates and Spencer have played at an NBL1 level.

  5. #5
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9,564
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Note
    Heading
    Tuffin
    Spencer
    Amos

    Among others are classified as locals, not only SRP (which is restricted to 1 per team)

    * Dech an Australian citizen represents South Sudan but is classified as a local in the NBL
    Who among those guys are good enough to play in the NBL? Hope Tuffin and maybe Spencer can make the cut.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,144
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Who among those guys are good enough to play in the NBL? Hope Tuffin and maybe Spencer can make the cut.
    mason amos.. and maybe his brother too..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

    <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

  7. #7
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    12,016
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    mason amos.. and maybe his brother too..
    speaking of which. i understand mason will play for ADMU next season. how about his brother?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,533
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Mason Amos - will play for Ateneo

    CJ Amos - Probably back in their league. I think he will play for Batang Gilas U16 this year.

    Jordan Amos - Too young

    They might have better chances cause they will be considered "locals" in NBL

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    127
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Because he only turned 19, I think Cabanero could eventually be worth a consideration. He has good body frame and looks tough. Not a lot of holes in his game and in an interview, he said that he used to play point guard so he has good size. He's like a young Thirdy that can still be molded.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    204
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Mason Amos - will play for Ateneo

    CJ Amos - Probably back in their league. I think he will play for Batang Gilas U16 this year.

    Jordan Amos - Too young

    They might have better chances cause they will be considered "locals" in NBL
    Is there an U16 tournament this year?

    The only 2007-born kids I know could be shoo-ins are him and Kieffer Alas.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    588
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    whatever happened to ethan kirkness?
    He retired I think, has a medical condition resulting in knee pain during games and while training. Would definitely need an operation but its costly and without the financial backing of any sponsors they've chosen to retire na lng. Again sayang

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •