NCAA Season 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by totoy123 View Post
    Guard again..good lord..save us from jude.
    Friends with RC and Jacob. No guarantees he will be taken in.

Speaking of guards Arellano has taken in a lot of Fil-Foreigners

Fil-Aussies (Flores and guard Mantua)
    Fil-Canadians (guards Santos, Marcelo, Contaoi)
    Fil-Am (SJ Moore)

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
      Friends with RC and Jacob. No guarantees he will be taken in.

Speaking of guards Arellano has taken in a lot of Fil-Foreigners

Fil-Aussies (Flores and guard Mantua)
      Fil-Canadians (guards Santos, Marcelo, Contaoi)
      Fil-Am (SJ Moore)
      Is sanchez still with us?

Comment

• Mapua should recruit Rhyle Melencio as early as now before coach Topex implements his one la salle plan.

Comment

An LSGH guard was supposed to matriculate to Baste. But coach Macaraya was not renewed. He is now trying out with other NCAA schools including SBU.
          That’s the price any team has to pay every time they change the coaching reins. But definitely the move not to renew coach Egay is the right thing to do. 2 F4 appearances out of 6 seasons is just too much. I think Baste has been too lenient on him actually. He should have been axed long ago. That exodus happened because of him. If the management back then chose the players over him, we could have kept the likes of Muyang, Sangalang, Navarro, David and all those players back then. Oh well, I’m just happy that he’s no longer part of the team. Also, I don’t like his coaching style. It’s too old school. I think the old school style of coaching doesn’t work nowadays, case in point, coach Pumaren. Even though we all know he’s a great coach, his coaching style is not that effective to today’s game. That’s why it didn’t translate success to La Salle anymore.

Also I think majority of the San Sebastian community is happy with the current development. Even in our alumni groups, most of us are happy that coach Egay has been replaced. As for me, I’m happy with the current composition of the coaching staff. Former Stags who are now part of the staff are Mark Macapagal and Speedy Gonzales. Gonzales will handle the juniors team. I see a lot of potential in him. Reminds me of Topex when Topex was just starting his coaching career. I think he’s the light version of Topex. Minus all those emotions. Hehe I just wish for coach Rodney to be part of the staff as well. But it looks like a long shot. I don’t think he would agree to be under Kallos.

Comment

• Originally posted by totoy123 View Post
            Is sanchez still with us?
            I saw a team pic where they practiced about a week ago. So I guess he is still with the team.

Red Lions will face Adamson in an exhibition on Saturday afternoon. One of the events for the Pista ng Santo Nino.

Comment

I saw a team pic where they practiced about a week ago. So I guess he is still with the team.

Red Lions will face Adamson in an exhibition on Saturday afternoon. One of the events for the Pista ng Santo Nino.
              Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                If SMC take over, hopefully it's Pido, and he can transform UST into his UAAP version of NorthPort in terms of roster composition. Shot creators, and 6'5"-6'6" wings like Arvin Tolentino, Will Navarro, and Kevin Ferrer.

God, I don't want UST to turn into the UAAP's version of Letran. Short wings and tweeners, and short physical bigs who are not versatile on defense (as in, cannot switch to the perimeter, just there for paint protection).
                Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                me thinks Long Hair will go BGSM @ UST, might even use the school as a dumping ground for those young gilas prospects if ever he takes over SBP. Chua could also go pirate mode, i doubt he has a network of agents in the US that will supply him with fil-ams though

but yeah, probably gonna do some ref magic as well.
                Originally posted by DrainBamager View Post
                I don't think long hair will do that. NCAA have restrictions for FSA and UAAP is almost the first choice for fil-fors instead, he'll maximize he's resources recruiting fil-ams and FSAs though he don't have connections abroad.
                Originally posted by IPC View Post
                I hope you're right, and I'm just overreacting. Kasi, my fear is based on what happened in the NCAA.

Hopefully, tactically and development-wise, the UAAP continues evolving into a league that can produce players for FIBA and overseas leagues.
                I hope the NCAA also evolves into a league that can produce more players for FIBA and overseas leagues. They've produced quality players for Gilas like Castro, Abueva, Scottie, Bolick, and Perez, and Oftana could potentially be a quality Gilas player.

I think Beda and CSB can lead the charge here. Beda have the history of development (developing 6'4"+ wings like Anthony Semerad, Calvin Oftana, maybe Art dela Cruz, hopefully Justine Sanchez, Jomel Puno, and DJ Hawkins), and CSB have the tactics, and have used Will Gozum as more of a tweener forward than a true big. Hope they keep it up.

Comment

• Since SMC will be backing UST, does that mean that its goodbye Letran?

Comment

• Originally posted by spaxcundo View Post
                    Since SMC will be backing UST, does that mean that its goodbye Letran?
                    there were news articles that the Letran-SMC deal is good for 3 yrs only and that there are negotiations regarding the renewal of the partnership, no news on the outcome of the talks though

Last edited by CoJ; 01-28-2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

He was present in the bday party of Frank Lao together with Ynot and former cubs coaches. Also present were members of the blazers

Comment

• someone shared harvey pagsanjan around the EAC campus. How many more years does he have if he will transfer?

Comment

• SBU Team B defeated Phenom 76-59 in an off-season tournament over the weekend.

SBU was led by Jimwell Torion Jr (17 points) and Davao native AJ Royo (14 points). Phenom was led by DLSU Team B player EJ Gollena (20 points, 3/3 3FGs) and current San Beda Red Cub guard Nathan Manarang (12 points).

Comment

SBU Team B defeated Phenom 76-59 in an off-season tournament over the weekend.

SBU was led by Jimwell Torion Jr (17 points) and Davao native AJ Royo (14 points). Phenom was led by DLSU Team B player EJ Gollena (20 points, 3/3 3FGs) and current San Beda Red Cub guard Nathan Manarang (12 points).
                            Sbu's team a and b is starting to look like the SBC of 1999 and 2000. Team had talent but not enough to be in the mix. Based on what I saw in the pre season leagues, even AHS and Nu hs can beat our team b. Heck, even EAC's team b can beat SBU's team a. Sscr and Eac has loaded their teama with rookie veterans from the mpbl. A the rate SBU's recruitment is going, chances of making the F4 getting glimmer.

I miss the days when Mukesh was the team manager, SBC then atleast was able to go toe toe with uaap teams in terms of recruitment. Qouting the late Lawrence Chiongson "kung di ka san beda, ateneo, dlsu, o nu..walang diretso sagot ang player sayo".

Comment

• Emman Galman already in CSB? Harvey Pagsanjan EAC?
                              LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                              Morayta

Comment

SBU Team B defeated Phenom 76-59 in an off-season tournament over the weekend.

Jimwell Torion Jr looks like a legit basketball player

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information