Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EL 2022/23 - Gameday 12

Partizan cant finish games. The club should fire ZOC...

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    btw reallh how bad is this armani. but im really glad and enjoy seeing messina and the likes of him (like pesic in the past barcelona teams) that are ruining the basketball with such a slow tempo-low possesion games
    Well, today the slow-tempo was perhaps not the most important problem. The only explanation I can find about the fact that Messina is still Milano's coach is that neither Armani nor anyone else among the management is watching the games, they are so disappointed that prefer to do other things.

Today EVERYTHING favored them. 1) Walters absence, Pana without him is a much weaker team 2) Bad Pana 3pt shooting, 5/23 before overtime 3) the most important, Pana played a defence with 4 players (!) for approximately 15' because of Bacon's 4th foul.

So 1 Milano player was always free but he almost never received the ball.

Indeed, believe me, it was almost impossible to lose this game. Yet he found the right way, including playing the last attack before the overtime with his most confusing player (Cabarrot) who of course committed an offensive foul.

Congratulations our opponent for win.

I think result not shows what's happened on the court. In my opinion, basketball tonight has been unjust. In 4 tight finishes against Baskonia, Milano, Valencia and tonight, we lost all, on other hand we won every game before close finish. I don't have bad words for entire team or for coach, but some players cannot give what we need, I mean on Exum, partially on Leday. T

ough loss, one more, in very bad moment. But if we are the right team in some moment we will start to win, if we are not there is no problem. I still believe we are, maybe I m wrong.

Nedoviiiiic!!!

Zvezda now have 5 games win streak in the Euroleague!
    Last edited by coinho; 12-09-2022 at 12:26 AM.

Very good game of Edwards. He is learning to play smartly. FB shares the ball and produces loads of open shots but I am really not sure if this team can win it all. Guduric is a good guy when everything goes right but he is not that trustworthy in terms of making decisions. One more word to Birsen. What surprises me the most is not that he makes his shots it is his defense on the best guys of the opponent. This sleeping pill defends his man very solidly. To become a solid EL piece he needs to be more aggressive around the rim. You cant always expect him to shoot like now.

Thank you Tavares for the unexpected gift! Monaco won a game already lost.

In next 14 games, Partizan has on schedule games away against Asvel, Fenerbahce,Maccabi, Valencia, Crvena Zvezda,Zalgiris, Bayern and game at home against Efes, Fenerbahce Monaco and other 4 where we are favourite. So, if we will play at generally good these 14 games, we could make 9 or 10 wins.

So, we haven't time to waste. Game against Asvel should be first step on the road, where we finally start to show what we like are. After these 14 games there are few games so-so, after that disaster schedule, but with such return, it would be completely different atittude. We also can next week again lose, and to be nailed down on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Very good game of Edwards. He is learning to play smartly. FB shares the ball and produces loads of open shots but I am really not sure if this team can win it all. Guduric is a good guy when everything goes right but he is not that trustworthy in terms of making decisions. One more word to Birsen. What surprises me the most is not that he makes his shots it is his defense on the best guys of the opponent. This sleeping pill defends his man very solidly. To become a solid EL piece he needs to be more aggressive around the rim. You cant always expect him to shoot like now.
    Birsen has slow feet for a wing but he shined in smaller lineups. As you said I liked his defense in the last weeks. Also liked how he alley oop dunked the inbound play, he usually has been a softer finesse guy but he?s been more aggressive this year.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Another word on Edwards. He was a bit like a fish out of the water admittedly, but I like how slowly Itoudis is integrating him to European basketball and how committed Edwards is to defense and hustle. We usually don?t see that with American players when they first come here. I believe there?s still a lot of upside to Edwards and we might be sad to see him go back to NBA this summer
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Nice to see that Petrušev is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Nice to see that Petrušev is growing.
    Especially on the defensive side. Petrusev and Martin managed to stop Lessort in the second half from scoring easy points and getting a ton of rebounds. On offense he looks good as before, but what makes him harder to guard this season are three pointers and his possibility to attack from perimeter while also playing position four.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Birsen has slow feet for a wing but he shined in smaller lineups. As you said I liked his defense in the last weeks. Also liked how he alley oop dunked the inbound play, he usually has been a softer finesse guy but he?s been more aggressive this year.
    that was cool. Confidence thing that our players usually lack, because of guys like Ataman who keeps bashing them. Metecan was also sent off from Efes (while under contract) as he was deemed useless.

PS. this applies to Dzanan Musa and Filip Petrusev as mentioned above (as it does to Bitim, Saybir, etc.) Ataman sucks when it comes to getting the prospects to function.

This Alba team was crippled. Not too many solid conclusions one can draw here. Good practice game.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Today Zalgiris might easily win vs Efes if they keep their standard level. There is some internal drama/conflict going on between Ataman and the domestic players, and this affects the team (Efes lost the last 2 domestic league games) even though he will probably play the foreigners only.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Not aggressive enough. I think his biggest problem is that he doesnt like contact around the rim and he has no post up game and isnt very effective with his face up game as well. He seems to work on his shot a lot. I mean self created shots. He must be more aggressive if he wants to be established at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Today Zalgiris might easily win vs Efes if they keep their standard level. There is some internal drama/conflict going on between Ataman and the domestic players, and this affects the team (Efes lost the last 2 domestic league games) even though he will probably play the foreigners only.
    Nothing like this will happen just because Ataman scolded some lazy ass local players and loses two domestic games.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Nothing like this will happen just because Ataman scolded some lazy ass local players and loses two domestic games.
    Zalgiris can win anyway, but "lazy ass local players" statement ignores the obvious the chemistry issues. that's not the full picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    With only foreigners he will win, but he took with him Tuncer the laziest od all, so you know what could be consequence of playing with him empty minutes..

A pretty desperate performance from Virtus against Olympiakos so far. A team with their budget have to be doing better. Oly are good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    A pretty desperate performance from Virtus against Olympiakos so far. A team with their budget have to be doing better. Oly are good though.
    They are spending too much money on two veterans Teo and Belinelli. Also Toko who is always injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    They are spending too much money on two veterans Teo and Belinelli. Also Toko who is always injured.
    True and Belinelli has barely even played in Euroleague this season.
    But apart from those three, they have invested in the rest of the roster too. Especially in Hackett and Lundberg.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast