EL 2022/23 - Gameday 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Regarding the referees I have noticed the same thing, players and coach almost never protest. Perhaps they could do it from time to time but in my opinion protesting too much as other teams do (panathinaikos above all) only contributes to increase nervousness and/or lose your concentration.
    it is indeed annoying to watch teams protesting too much and to everything. But I believe you should express your disbelief when the call is obviously wrong. It is important in the EL. That's why some coaches, including Kattash's ex boss, have mastered this skill.

To your point, Tibor Pleiss also does not complain, and once he said he stopped it because it takes away from his energy.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

What Itoudis and his team have accomplished as a whole is pretty good so far. His coaching is really maximizing the efficiency of players in rotation. Yet, I think they need one more direct contributor in roster instead of average names like Birsen, Booker or Pierre. Luwawu-Cabarrot would be a much meaningful add for Fener rather than Milano. As NBA progresses, I expect at least 2-3 quality players to make their turn to Europe. Fener should be open for the market and complete one high-level transfer during season.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

What an amazing 1st quarter of the game of Partizan against Real!! It could be a halftime score.
        About tonight's game of PAO against Villeurbanne, I just hope we start the game strong, for a change.

Comment

is quite hard explaining why dibartolomeo play just 13 min per match considering the madiocrity of this shooting ability roster. as is quite hard considering baldwind an euroleague star.
          about our front court players i just consider them in term of kilos. euroleague payer level is something different

Comment

Well, we got to see the outcome of Virtus playing the final few minutes without Milos tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
              Well, we got to see the outcome of Virtus playing the final few minutes without Milos tonight...
              Micic stole the show this time

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                Without the big 3pt scored by Clyburn Bologna would have won this.

But the situation that should be underlined is that Bologna was becoming more and more menacing and when the score was 69-74 everything seemed to favor them notwithstanding the awful percentages till then. Not a great game by Efes, one of the "lazy" ones, otherwise they would have closed it.

And then? This time I think I don't need to describe what happened because I believe almost everyone saw it.

This is a talent I believe, to do the wrong thing at the worst moment. Perhaps it isn't his fault, he was born with a curse.

Comment

Very bad game finisher of Micic again. I think I have never seen such a talented guy being so inconsistent. My boi Clyburn was again there when he was needed. One man army...

Very bad defense of both teams. Plei?, ok having given him a contract after his final game last season but Polonara and Zizic didnt work at all. Zizic and Plei? cant really defend a shit and the backcourt lose to easily on the defensive end. I still insist on sending Zizic away and signing a good athletic big. Zizic is trash!

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
                    Without the big 3pt scored by Clyburn Bologna would have won this.

But the situation that should be underlined is that Bologna was becoming more and more menacing and when the score was 69-74 everything seemed to favor them notwithstanding the awful percentages till then. Not a great game by Efes, one of the "lazy" ones, otherwise they would have closed it.

And then? This time I think I don't need to describe what happened because I believe almost everyone saw it.

This is a talent I believe, to do the wrong thing at the worst moment. Perhaps it isn't his fault, he was born with a curse.
                    Most geniuses seem flawed in some way. Anyway, the fact that the Virtus fans sing his name even in moments like that suggests they accept those flaws, because the upside is so spectacular. And that's appreciation from one of the most passionate crowds in world basketball.

Comment

From the start of the season I am writing about zizic nd Polonara as junk players and big mistake by Efes. Even bigger mistake wes releasing Singleton and Anderson.

But, regarding Mbaye is playing more or less on the same level as Singleton, in offense even better, then could be said that him and Polonara(with limited role he is playing) is some kind of improvement over Singleton and Moerman.

Problem with Zizic is that Ataman still using him more then he deserves, because he isn't even on Petrusev's level, but maybe he wants to prove paying buyout was right. The 2nd stupidest buyout after Wilbekin

Comment

Maybe a bit to be a contrarian, but I think it's too early write Zizic off. Let's see him with Larkin, who's a boost for any center who knows how to position himself. Defensively, he's slow, and there needs to be some sacrifices from the guards to cover the area Zizic cannot return to after a show-up, but let's remember Ataman won two titles with Pleiss, who was/is notorious with his lack of defense, against teams which were packed and were supposed to dominate in the paint. I see those adjustments in the last 3 games, excellent defensive sequences with this "softie" roster.

On the other hand, watching Nebo, and knowing he was an option for Efes, I feel a bit jealous. But again, I have a feeling Ataman chose Zizic over Nebo. Maybe he thought he can fix defense, as he has always done (very underrated in this area).

My only concern is that Ataman is a stubborn character and once he writes someone off, it usually remains that way (Petrusev, Peters, almost all Turkish players, etc). If Polonara and Zizic can survive this period, then I am hopeful they will be able to contribute.

PS. There are rumors about Osmani and Sipahi (two Albanians with Turkish passports) to refurbish the domestic roster, but I really hope this doesn't happen. They will rot in the bench.

Comment

Derrick Williams is by far the most skilled player in the league. His offensive gameplayis nowhere near anyone else's in euroleague. We knew that, americans knew that too,thats why he was drafted as numer 2. The problem with him in the nba was his mindset and his lazyness and thats the reason he didnt succeed there even tough he didnt start so bad in the bad. His shooting inconsistency was something everyone could see. This summer he worked hard on that in his country to improve his shooting. He is averaging 45% so far and its not that he doesnt shoot at all. he averages 5 attempts per game. In the start of the season he did what he does all this year many times. After getting the rebound he started running the floor like he is a guard which resulted in turnovers, he also forced many shots which he shouldnt. But now he has stopped that, he even plays defence quite well (he was the one who guarded milos in the last possesion of normal time vs virtus and was also the one who guarded lundberg in the last possesion in overtime). He also seems to start building a good connection with the crowd and as victories come more people will be in the court, which will result in even bigger passion passing from fans to players and williams himself.

So far he is having his best season in terms of scoring, fg%, 3pt%, rebounds, assists, rating and seems to be one of the best pf in the league so far. He never stayed a second season in the same team in europe, but hopefully he does stay with us next season as well and we add another pf next to him. eric pasqual we tried to sign this summer would be great. cause team suffers when williams needs to rest, giorgos kalaitzakis is not a PF and he doesnt do anything anyway apart from ball pressure and bacon who plays some minutes as PF is weak in the post against taller and bigger opponents. radonic should activate mantzoukas until we get another PF (mitoglou decision will be announced in the next 20 days and then he will sign with the team if hopefully his ban is only 1 year)
                          Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Williams played the best season in Europe while under Radonjic(in Bayern). His good games in PAO just tell that Radonjic knows how to use him the best. Idk why he didn't brought him to Zvezda. There were some rumors, but probably it wasn't financially possible.

Comment

PS. There are rumors about Osmani and Sipahi (two Albanians with Turkish passports) to refurbish the domestic roster, but I really hope this doesn't happen. They will rot in the bench.
                              Sipahi is not EL material but Osmani will join Efes sooner or later and with this big rotation Osmani will get a lot of chances even though he will struggle till he gets used to the level. Osmani actually makes a lot of sense till he can also play under the rim. He will surely not rot in the bench.

Comment

Between Polonara and Osmani I would pick Osmani any day and night, much better player and sharp shooter. Not perfect of course, still need to work on some issues, But compared with Kokoskov boy Polonara he is MJ

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information