No announcement yet.

EL 2022/23 - Gameday 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of their talent, they will be making a career-ending mistake if they come to Efes. Ataman's history with both the local players and the young prospects is very telling. Except for Serta? Şanlı, do we know any player who actually performed well? I can't believe there's not a single local player who deserves 10mpg in the EL. His non-trusting attitude breaks the will of players.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
      Regardless of their talent, they will be making a career-ending mistake if they come to Efes. Ataman's history with both the local players and the young prospects is very telling. Except for Serta? Şanlı, do we know any player who actually performed well? I can't believe there's not a single local player who deserves 10mpg in the EL. His non-trusting attitude breaks the will of players.
      Ataman giving Piskin some minutes against Real will always be the exception that proves this rule.

Also... Sipahi again? It seems like the Turkish Euroleague teams will always be fascinated with him.

Comment

Osmani is not a prospect. He is 24 year old and he will have to try out EL anyway and there is a historical need of his skill set right now. Ataman surely gives players playing time when they contribute and Osmani is at the level of trying it out. He showed in many NT games that he can compete with high level players. Will he have to adapt? Without a doubt but Efes needs to implement some local players.

Tuncer is history. G?ven is a lazy ass who hadnt deserved Efes in the first place. Ilyasoglu doesnt seem to be contribute either. There are just a bunch of player who could really develop. The most ready guys are surely Osmani and Bitim. I wouldnt recommend Bitim to come to Efes this early although he could contribute but Osmani needs to be tried out. The next guys would be Kabaca who needs to play some years so GS is the right place for him for now. For Buyuktuncel its also too early.

For Osmani Ataman will get him sooner or later. Surely next season so getting used to Efes environment right now would be good to have a good start next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
          Ataman giving Piskin some minutes against Real will always be the exception that proves this rule.

Also... Sipahi again? It seems like the Turkish Euroleague teams will always be fascinated with him.
          Well, there is no real talent in the point guard position in Turkish bb right now who could contribute and Sipahi is the best what we have right now not knowing Mert Akays situation after his injury. I am not a big fan of Sipahi playing for Efes or FB but there is nobody else.

Comment

It doesn't matter how good Osmani is. Efes is the wrong destination. He can try other EL clubs, abroad, which I think would be a smart choice for many like him.

Bitim almost quit playing bball at Efes, he was more busy making videos with his girlfriend than hoping for playing time. Now he is rocking. Dzanan Musa is about the same. Metecan Birsen, Saybir, etc etc so many examples. And many others have already disappeared. It's just the wrong place. Except for the legendary Pişkin

Comment

It doesn't matter how good Osmani is. Efes is the wrong destination. He can try other EL clubs, abroad, which I think would be a smart choice for many like him.

Bitim almost quit playing bball at Efes, he was more busy making videos with his girlfriend than hoping for playing time. Now he is rocking. Dzanan Musa is about the same. Metecan Birsen, Saybir, etc etc so many examples. And many others have already disappeared. It's just the wrong place. Except for the legendary Pişkin
              I have to disagree this time

Every player from the list got his chance but didn't use it. We could add Tuncer why not, Ataman gave him minutes and wasted it. Unlike Sanli who was patient in waiting but from the moment he got it(after Dunston injury) he showed true quality.

If we are talking about players without clear EL capacity Efes is wrong place, in that I am with you 100%. Expecting to develope skills in the team like efes with constant pressure on result is mission impossible for them.

But Osmani is already developed player who could give much better impact then some frontcourt foreigners there. He is already better then Polonara and Zizic and Ataman knows that.

Comment

I think the issue lies in the fatal combination of foreign player quota & non-competitive mentality of Turkish players.

They get really good contracts from Efes because of this quota, and know they have a place in the roster no matter how or how much they play. so, this takes away the pressure of "having to earn a living". They don't have to work for it. Now, a player should have other ambitions, too, beside the money, such as to improve and get an actual playing time. here Ataman comes into the picture. He'll play Clyburn or Larkin or whomever for 35mins in a meaningless local game or in a 20-point differential rather than giving a chance to the locals. So, a guy who is making millions and does not see the possibility of playing anyway just loses the will to improve. He gets rusted. When the opportunity comes, he looks abysmal out there. Then Ataman comes and says, "see, I played them and they screwed up." it's a vicious cycle.

Considering Ataman won't change, the only way to break it to push hard no matter what, and wait for an opportunity. Like Sertac did. This is however very rare unfortunately among us.

Comment

This is all true. Ataman doesnt try to win players thats why they need to come ready. I would never recommend backcourt players to go to Efes because they will really rot in the bench but for bigs there will be plenty of chances and Ataman doesnt hate Turkish players. He just give up on them after a while. Yeah having a lazy attitude is indeed a problem of Turkish players but the guy is not a ordinary Turkish guy. He is developed in Bandirma and has played in every team he was. Why Efes? Its easy. First we need to implement local players no matter what. PAOs most of the local players are not a bit ready and they got their 10 minutes. We need to develop a certain habit too. Second, we will have to deal with these windows and we cant expect foreign clubs to send them to the NT within the season.

I understand the fear but the fear shouldnt prevent the guys from trying out. Efes just had no really ready guy so far. One exception should have been Gecim but he is an injury prone so he doesnt count at all.

Comment

I think the issue lies in the fatal combination of foreign player quota & non-competitive mentality of Turkish players.

They get really good contracts from Efes because of this quota, and know they have a place in the roster no matter how or how much they play. so, this takes away the pressure of "having to earn a living". They don't have to work for it. Now, a player should have other ambitions, too, beside the money, such as to improve and get an actual playing time. here Ataman comes into the picture. He'll play Clyburn or Larkin or whomever for 35mins in a meaningless local game or in a 20-point differential rather than giving a chance to the locals. So, a guy who is making millions and does not see the possibility of playing anyway just loses the will to improve. He gets rusted. When the opportunity comes, he looks abysmal out there. Then Ataman comes and says, "see, I played them and they screwed up." it's a vicious cycle.

Considering Ataman won't change, the only way to break it to push hard no matter what, and wait for an opportunity. Like Sertac did. This is however very rare unfortunately among us.
                    That's all true, in fact I think the same, it's not just Efes, the same situation is in Fener. Or what to say about Partizan for instance, with still much bigger base of talents then our clubs(history, tradition, popularity, system etc) I think 8 or 9 foreigners play most of the minutes under Zoc. Ataman isn't big exception

Regarding Ataman I must say(I am not proud on that) that I always bashed him and on the edge of hating for his way of coaching. I am still thinking he is mediocre coach.

But his results proved there is something special in him. Mediocre coach with not top4 budget won two times in a row and with big probability for three-peat, without cheap domestic players.

Comment

Derrick Williams is a joke, and always will be

Comment

Originally posted by rk2r7 View Post
                        Williams played the best season in Europe while under Radonjic(in Bayern). His good games in PAO just tell that Radonjic knows how to use him the best. Idk why he didn't brought him to Zvezda. There were some rumors, but probably it wasn't financially possible.
                        Absolutely true, the reason I believe is that no one asks him to do the "dirty" work as it happened with Maccabi and Sferopoulos, he has been given a lot of freedom becoming a pure perimetral player and he likes it.
                        Last edited by ronmercer80; 11-28-2022, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information