FIFA Football World Cup for Pinoy Hoops Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
    Haaland and Mo are the best footballers not playing in the WC22. Such a shame Norway and Egypt bombed out in the qualifiers
    Lmao Egypt choked big time against Senegal. They even had the gall to cry about Senegalese fans using laser pointers when they were the ones who started the tradition. Cunts.

I like Salah but Egyptian fans are massive cunts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
      In terms of talent and competition, the highest level of football, is not the World Cup, but the UEFA Champions League where top clubs from top leagues in Europe battle against each other. But in terms of passion, both from players and fans, World Cup is unparalleled.
      Yeah, true. UCL is basically the NBA playoffs with all the best teams in Europe duking it out.

I'm a Bar?a fan and it sucks we're relegated to Europa League for the 2nd year in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
        Haaland is a beast. A gentle one that is.

Honestly thought Zlatan is the last 6'5 forward we'll see in a decade or so but here comes Haaland.
        And Haaland is fast for a 6'4" guy. Machine.

Comment

Don?t focus on the goals.

Watch how a team moves and progresses the ball towards the final third.

Goals will come when they come.

Tip: Watch Brazil and France play.
          Sometimes, you can appreciate parking the bus (ultra-defensive putting 9 or 10 men in the final third), and then the fast counterattack coming after that.

I used to park the bus with Athletic Bilbao in FIFA.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
            Sometimes, you can appreciate parking the bus (ultra-defensive putting 9 or 10 men in the final third), and then the fast counterattack coming after that.

I used to park the bus with Athletic Bilbao in FIFA.
            Yeah, Ancelotti’s Real Madrid last year played counter attacking football and it paid off against possession based teams like Man City. They weren’t the best on paper but still pulled it off and won the UCL.

The 2019 Azkals in the AFC parked the bus and got a few chances on target on the counter vs. Korea.

This is what I love about football: ang bola ay talagang bilog.

Football is determined 80% by skills and 20% by eugenics.

Comment

Yeah, Ancelotti’s Real Madrid last year played counter attacking football and it paid off against possession based teams like Man City. They weren’t the best on paper but still pulled it off and won the UCL.

The 2019 Azkals in the AFC parked the bus and got a few chances on target on the counter vs. Korea.

This is what I love about football: ang bola ay talagang bilog.

Football is determined 80% by skills and 20% by eugenics.
              Even our women's football NT rely on counters, long balls, and set pieces last AFF Cup.

As for Real, that's a longstanding tradition since Jos? Mourinho, and Ancelotti and Zidane built on it. Mourinho's known for parking the bus, but his teams play good counterattacking football, and he broke the La Liga points record and goalscoring record with Real.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                Even our women's football NT rely on counters, long balls, and set pieces last AFF Cup.

As for Real, that's a longstanding tradition since Jos? Mourinho, and Ancelotti and Zidane built on it. Mourinho's known for parking the bus, but his teams play good counterattacking football, and he broke the La Liga points record and goalscoring record with Real.
                Thanks to his vaunted trio of CR7, Benzema, and Higuain, 5-goal wins were a regular for RMA that season. Overall, his 2011/12 starting XI was solid that time with Xabi, ?zil, DiMaria, Khedira, Pepe, Marcelo, Ramos, and Casillas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
                  Thanks to his vaunted trio of CR7, Benzema, and Higuain, 5-goal wins were a regular for RMA that season. Overall, his 2011/12 starting XI was solid that time with Xabi, ?zil, DiMaria, Khedira, Pepe, Marcelo, Ramos, and Casillas.
                  Gareth Bale too. Those trio were really deadly on the counter. They’ve proven time and again that possession means nothing if you can’t score goals.

Comment

Gareth Bale too. Those trio were really deadly on the counter. They’ve proven time and again that possession means nothing if you can’t score goals.
                    Yes, during the 2013/14 season, he became my favorite RMA player for his explosive speed and superb ball control in his attacks, as shown by his winning goal against Bar?a no less in the Copa Del Rey.

And even though I'm a Madridista for life, there's just no way that I'll never appreciate Bar?a's style of play, even if they have broken my football-loving heart a lot of times in the past decade. It's just too beautiful, the way they control the ball, and of course the finishing by Messi.

Comment

those 3 peat UCL real madrid teams is something.. i remember areola did played for real madrid on loan but i think it was after the 3 peat when courtois is already the GK
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

yep. as seen in this world cup on how japan beat spain.. and spain uses possession gaming..
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Yes, during the 2013/14 season, he became my favorite RMA player for his explosive speed and superb ball control in his attacks, as shown by his winning goal against Bar?a no less in the Copa Del Rey.

And even though I'm a Madridista for life, there's just no way that I'll never appreciate Bar?a's style of play, even if they have broken my football-loving heart a lot of times in the past decade. It's just too beautiful, the way they control the ball, and of course the finishing by Messi.
                          The Messi, Neymar, and Suarez trio was something else. Things went downhill after that. The trio leaving, financial problems, and missing UCL; been a tough 3 years as a Bar?a fan.

Still hoping Messi comes back to spend his last few years here.

Always respected Ronaldo but the guy is drama queen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            those 3 peat UCL real madrid teams is something.. i remember areola did played for real madrid on loan but i think it was after the 3 peat when courtois is already the GK
                            That's correct. Our guy played for the Whites for 2019/20 season. Didn't get much playing time but at least he won the La Liga that season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              yep. as seen in this world cup on how japan beat spain.. and spain uses possession gaming..
                              Yeah. Hurts as Spain is the team I support and their attack is nothing special. Alvaro Morata scoring the team’s last goals is not a good sign.

Need more from Ferran, Fati, and Pedri.

Comment

The Messi, Neymar, and Suarez trio was something else. Things went downhill after that. The trio leaving, financial problems, and missing UCL; been a tough 3 years as a Bar?a fan.

Still hoping Messi comes back to spend his last few years here.

Always respected Ronaldo but the guy is drama queen.
                                Because of MSN, Barca could go on the counter a little more. Neymar provides speed, Suarez provides size and speed up front.

Hey, at least Barca won the treble with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information