Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: FIFA Football World Cup for Pinoy Hoops Fans

Asian teams who participate in FIFA WC did a good job in this edition... No one will forget that famous upset of KSA vs Argentina, Iran beating Wales, Japan beating Germany and Korea beating Spain.... A good performance to remember...

Quote Originally Posted by sroth3839 View Post
    Fully deserved. As a Culer, Luis Enrique did nothing but bring shame to Spain and Bar?a fans. I won?t be surprised if Xavi gets the job afterwards. Such a disappointment.
    Xavi FTW!

Spain brought the 3rd youngest team in the tournament and 20 of their players were first timers, but all of these play for the biggest (and richest ) clubs in the world, they should be better than this and should've learned lessons from the last Euros where they lost to Italy in a similar fashion (PKs).

Ronaldo was benched ahead of Portugal vs Switzerland game.

In his place was 21 y.o. Goncalo Ramos, only in his 4th match for Portugal. Then he responded by scoring a hat-trick ( 3 goals).

Portugal clinically dissected Switzerland 6-1

Everything is back to normal in the World Cup (almost) as the traditional powers ( not you Spain) send the upstart nations back home ( except Morocco who continues to dance ala Cinderella )

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
    Asian teams who participate in FIFA WC did a good job in this edition... No one will forget that famous upset of KSA vs Argentina, Iran beating Wales, Japan beating Germany and Korea beating Spain.... A good performance to remember...
    Japan beat both Germany and Spain, while Korea beat Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Japan beat both Germany and Spain, while Korea beat Portugal
    Ohh... mistake, I just forgot who are some groupmates... I think Spain was the team Korea beat... But in the end South Americans and Europeans dominates come playoff time... Good thing Morocco crushed the party of SA/Euro domination... So it will be Argentina -Netherlands, Croatia - Brazil, England - France and Portugal - Morocco...

My money will bet for QF matches are:

Argentina
    Brazil
    Portugal
    France

I actually bet already for 100$ each of that match online....

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
    Morocco team are the first African team to make it to the top 8 of FIFA WC in the history books, And also in Arab region (MENA)....
    Sorry but Morocco was not the first. Ghana, Senegal and Cameroon were quarterfinalists before

First North African team, the thing with Morocco they have a solid defense, and can hit you with a counter , if their striker is more clinical game will not reached to shootout as he botched 2 good attacks that were almost 1 v 1 against the keeper, though i think portugal can crack that defense, so far the only goal conceded by Morocco was an own goal against Canada

Feel sad for PHL football team... I guess even the qualification of Women's team in FIFA WC didn't took so much fanfare in the country, even no endorsement, TV guestings, whatsoever.... I think PHL are one of those countries that didn't care so much about current FIFA WC happenings right now at Qatar... No news or fanfare gatherings... After basketball, What is the next most popular sport of Filipinos? Volleyball or Boxing? I'm sure basketball is the first one unanimously... I don't know what is the current popularity rank of football in the PHL right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Sorry but Morocco was not the first. Ghana, Senegal and Cameroon were quarterfinalists before
    Whoa!!!!! I thought it was dominated by either Europeans or South Americans... But they are huge +1500 (or more i guess) underdogs vs Portugal come QF time....

PH football gonna need some combination of on field success and some off field celebrity to replicate past success. Despite some top recruits, team has been slumping recently.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678