Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EL 2022/23 - Gameday 8

terrible game for Janketa. both Booker & Melih contributed to the win

on a serious note, these guys are playing differently now. amazing work so far by Itoudis.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

I hope some of the Brandon Davies fans recognized finally that this guy is totally overrated. He is not a bad player and a good defender actually but very limited on the offensive end. This is also Jasikevicius last year with Barca. He cant deal with difficult characters like Vesely or Kalinic. He really has to change his attitude towards the players or he wont be signed by big clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Well... Last game is closer to except then his usual game. His two biggest lacks are bad anticipation in making decision, and in clutch time to make the winning shoot or assist. He rarely through the career, had taking the winning decisions and shoots. He makes 10 or 15 points for Milano or CZ, but most of points are in shooting row in 2nd or 3rd quarter, most of game he do something good, as something bad, but in key moments he isn't this leader who solves the game in the most cases.
    I easily found 2 games that Panathinaikos won thanks to Nemanja's crucial shoot or assist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX3d-YnzK3U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQlTQ4cxDKo
    The main disadvantage is that Nedovic is prone to injuries. If he stays healthy, he will be really useful for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I hope some of the Brandon Davies fans recognized finally that this guy is totally overrated. He is not a bad player and a good defender actually but very limited on the offensive end. This is also Jasikevicius last year with Barca. He cant deal with difficult characters like Vesely or Kalinic. He really has to change his attitude towards the players or he wont be signed by big clubs.
    It?s not only player management that is wrong with Saras, but also that you cannot micromanage every single fucking thing on the court. Especially when you have players that are very capable. I?d wager that it creates a constricting atmosphere where players don?t enjoy playing in
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Kattash should have put Martin or Coulson as PFs, Martin played 2.5 minutes. Team looks like a mob. I had a feeling we will lose on 6th minute, and I was right. Kattash must go, he can't coach, he can't manage the team, he can't manage the game. He is a failure.
    And you would have grabbed 110 points. He tried with Sorkin because Nebo didn't help much (0 points!) without appreciable success. Even Exum (21 pts) scored going closer to the paint, Partizan shot only 18 3pts because they didn't need them.

No serious coach would accept to coach this mediocre team risking to fail and be denigrated by Israeli "journalists" (servants of Federman and Vuijcic) like Sferopoulos after he was fired. The only thing that perhaps could be done is to give a chance to Perkins, but it won't happen. The family prefers Avi Even.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    terrible game for Janketa. both Booker & Melih contributed to the win

on a serious note, these guys are playing differently now. amazing work so far by Itoudis.
    Why Booker? I expelled him a long time ago from Kokoskov boys and wrote many post about him as good role player. You can find posts where I wrote he should stay in Fener.

Melih improved a little bit under Itoudis, but it's just fluke imo. If he continues to make shoots throw season then ok, I will move him from idiot level
    Last edited by janketa; 11-19-2022 at 08:04 AM.

One more note about Efes game. They won against (on the paper) the strongest roster but lost against some mediocre teams. It's not like they played too bad that games, just Ataman needed one or two decent players in the roster for some parts of the games. Every time when he tried with Tuncer finished as minus to make up, which is too hard against any opponent. Now with Taylor he could for the first time rest Micic and rotate a little bit without fear if Tuncer will fuck the situation.

2nd difference is that he probably realized that Zizic is loser, mediocre center, and he used old proved winner guy like Dunston. Duo Pleiss Dunston is enough for any big game. Zizic(like Petrusev) was wrong signing but he can help in BSL cos that's his level of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Why Booker? I expelled him a long time ago from Kokoskov boys and wrote many post about him as good role player. You can find posts where I wrote he should stay in Fener.

Melih improved a little bit under Itoudis, but it's just fluke imo. If he continues to make shoots throw season then ok, I will move him from idiot level
    alright, cool. I am personally not convinced by Booker's improvement but a coach needs to get whatever is there to harvest. Good job so far.

As for Melih, he's been lighting it up recently, maybe because he's not dribbling at all. He's just catching and shooting, and sometimes incredibly fast. Guduric was also able to find him proper spots. This shows they were working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    One more note about Efes game. They won against (on the paper) the strongest roster but lost against some mediocre teams. It's not like they played too bad that games, just Ataman needed one or two decent players in the roster for some parts of the games. Every time when he tried with Tuncer finished as minus to make up, which is too hard against any opponent. Now with Taylor he could for the first time rest Micic and rotate a little bit without fear if Tuncer will fuck the situation.

2nd difference is that he probably realized that Zizic is loser, mediocre center, and he used old proved winner guy like Dunston. Duo Pleiss Dunston is enough for any big game. Zizic(like Petrusev) was wrong signing but he can help in BSL cos that's his level of knowledge
    There is a theory that Efes looked well prepared because Ataman was off with the NT and the assistant coach Sekizkok trained the team . This happened last year too in Moscow where Efes could finally turn the ship around. Ataman certainly needed to be better, maybe he's on the right track now.

Taylor is a massive upgrade indeed, as he can actually safely bring the ball up and has an offensive threat. Tuncer seriously needs to be waived and that spot should belong to Ilyasoglu (or another kid).

On Zizic I haven't given up, even though it appears as if Ataman did. He's going to be useful when Larkin is back. But there is a hole there defensively and we need to find a way to close it, somehow, probably with a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    There is a theory that Efes looked well prepared because Ataman was off with the NT and the assistant coach Sekizkok trained the team . This happened last year too in Moscow where Efes could finally turn the ship around. Ataman certainly needed to be better, maybe he's on the right track now.

It's known fact that assistants lead trainings instead of Ataman

Taylor is a massive upgrade indeed, as he can actually safely bring the ball up and has an offensive threat. Tuncer seriously needs to be waived and that spot should belong to Ilyasoglu (or another kid).

Valencia game made difference until now, instead of 4-4 Efes is on 3-5 with the hardest possible schedule in next games. One good shooting night from mediocre team(except Dubljevic) made that the best team is in lower part of the standings. Larkin will push the team one level up, but HCA will be hard to reach in this season EL

My point is that Taylor's move was late, they should have take care about that in mid september, as soon as Larkin injured

If Ilyasoglu played Tuncer's minutes until now Efes would be on 5-3 score, even without massive impact on the scoring board
    Last edited by janketa; 11-19-2022 at 12:44 PM.

I didn't even watch last game of Maccabi, opened stream, saw Kattash playing with Poythress and Nebo together, and closed it.
    Kattash needs to go. Yesterday.
    dont remember of many mta fans who were disappointed when federmans choose him.
    i'd say better learning lessons late than never

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    And you would have grabbed 110 points. He tried with Sorkin because Nebo didn't help much (0 points!) without appreciable success. Even Exum (21 pts) scored going closer to the paint, Partizan shot only 18 3pts because they didn't need them.
    No, we wouldn't. Martin has solid defence and good rebounding. And for not getting points from Nebo- it is because Poythress is not PF, he doesn't know (or forgot) how to play PF. In any case, Maccabi has bad defence, and it is Katash's fault. He has individually good defence players, and he doesn't know how to organise them... Maccabi suffers too much points from penetrations and rebounds...

No serious coach would accept to coach this mediocre team risking to fail and be denigrated by Israeli "journalists" (servants of Federman and Vuijcic) like Sferopoulos after he was fired. The only thing that perhaps could be done is to give a chance to Perkins, but it won't happen. The family prefers Avi Even.
    I am not fan of Federman of Vujcic, as you probably know. Or Even's (who is not a coach, and is not very good scouter either). But team is not mediocre, coach is. And if we go back to Sfairopoulous, he also had problems with game management, but today, even he would be better than Kattash. Hell, floor mop can do better job than Kattash. Never saw Perkins coaching, so I don't know, Berrocal has lots of experience.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

No, we wouldn't. Martin has solid defence and good rebounding. And for not getting points from Nebo- it is because Poythress is not PF, he doesn't know (or forgot) how to play PF. In any case, Maccabi has bad defence, and it is Katash's fault. He has individually good defence players, and he doesn't know how to organise them... Maccabi suffers too much points from penetrations and rebounds...

I am not fan of Federman of Vujcic, as you probably know. Or Even's (who is not a coach, and is not very good scouter either). But team is not mediocre, coach is. And if we go back to Sfairopoulous, he also had problems with game management, but today, even he would be better than Kattash. Hell, floor mop can do better job than Kattash. Never saw Perkins coaching, so I don't know, Berrocal has lots of experience.
    If you hadn't denigrated him so much making journalists write that everything was his fault, perhaps you could have recalled him. Now it is impossible. The team will stay with Katash whether we like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    If you hadn't denigrated him so much making journalists write that everything was his fault, perhaps you could have recalled him. Now it is impossible. The team will stay with Katash whether we like it or not.
    LOL. Now I made journalists write stuff? What are you smoking, mate?
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12