Thread: Eurobasket 2025 - Qualifiers

Default Eurobasket 2025 - Qualifiers

In the pre-qualifiers for Eurobasket 2025 Poland beat Croatia 79:87. Two strong teams ended up in the same group, in the second round. Anyway, I'm a bit lost in the details of this pre-qualifiers competition system, but I assume both Poland and Croatia should make it to qualifiers and fight for Eurobasket ticket.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Croatia might be nowhere near a force these days, nevertheless they do have talented players and shouldn?t be absent of these tournaments. Morons in Fiba have screwed them big time as well.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Croatia might be nowhere near a force these days, nevertheless they do have talented players and shouldn?t be absent of these tournaments. Morons in Fiba have screwed them big time as well.
    How FIBA screwed Croatia?
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    How FIBA screwed Croatia?
    The same way they denied Latvia and Slovenia the opportunity to play in some previous competitions.

Windows is the worst thing happened to European basketball, just another way to continue their conflict with Euroleague. Establishing a new competition while being aware the Nba players could never take part during the season and then blaming Euroleague for doing the same.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    The same way they denied Latvia and Slovenia the opportunity to play in some previous competitions.

Windows is the worst thing happened to European basketball, just another way to continue their conflict with Euroleague. Establishing a new competition while being aware the Nba players could never take part during the season and then blaming Euroleague for doing the same.
    It's great to watch the national teams play during the windows, at least with EL players. Regardless of the fact that NBA players don't show up. One can only witness national team basketball at the highest level if teams get together throughout the year. The problem is, the players are not able to.

As it stands however, it is horrible for the game of basketball. I am all for bringing an end to the Euroleague. The organisation is corrosive to the game of basketball. The NBA never cared about basketball competitions other than its own. It's a huge leap for them to allow NBA stars participate in these competitions. But they sure are ungrateful. The NTs always were the source of basketball talent in Europe.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    The NBA never cared about basketball competitions other than its own. It's a huge leap for them to allow NBA stars participate in these competitions. But they sure are ungrateful. The NTs always were the source of basketball talent in Europe.
    When Nowitzki participated with his national team, it was known that the German basketball federation had always intended to pay the insurance provided for in Nowitzki's contract with the Dallas Mavericks, while covering medical expenses in the event that Dirk was injured.
    I guess the same happens now with Giannis, Doncic etc, but in case it didn't, i could understand why NBA teams would not be willing to let their big stars participate with their NT.

Quote Originally Posted by tonia View Post
    When Nowitzki participated with his national team, it was known that the German basketball federation had always intended to pay the insurance provided for in Nowitzki's contract with the Dallas Mavericks, while covering medical expenses in the event that Dirk was injured.
    I guess the same happens now with Giannis, Doncic etc, but in case it didn't, i could understand why NBA teams would not be willing to let their big stars participate with their NT.
    It doesn't bother the NBA to reap the talent of European basketball courts. Nor to sell merchandise, or to increase tv ratings internationally.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011