Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EL 2022/23 - Gameday 6

Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    I usually read the forum and I'm surprised that no one talks about how well Baskonia is playing. I have read about how badly Maccabi played, maybe the rival is the reason for their bad game. Yesterday Baskonia played a record game in the club history, never scored 116 points, before the record was 114.

Baskonia look great this season, it's one of the most dangerous underdogs this euroleague, and the best signing of the season is the coach, Pe?arroya is doing an amazing job. He has managed to get a team that nobody counted on to start being a candidate for the playoffs. The whole team is very involved, they are happy, they play fun, they are hungry, it was about time to see a Baskonia like that. It reminds me of that Baskonia of James and Adams. Another surprising aspect is how well Marinkovic and the young players are playing this season, not only Sedekerskis, even Kurucs or Raieste are playing good minutes, and before with Ivanovic and Spahija they didn't have any confidence.

Salazar did it again: Thompson, Howard, Hommes, Kotsar... all of them rookies in the euroleague, he is one of the best scouts in Europe. The signing of Pierria Henry is great, exactly what the team needed. With a better quality power forward/center position would be F4 candidate, in the PG/SG/SF it's top team in Europe, but the Budget is limited so...
    good seeing you around, jonga.

Baskonia was listed at the bottom of the pre-season power rankings by many, and here we are again. if Howard would not have been injured, you could be at 6-0 today.

PS. Apparently, the highest score in the EL history is 123, by PAO (in 2007) and Maccabi (in 2004).
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    I am very used to see Ataman's short rotations, but playing Clyburn and Micic more than +35 minutes is not a good sign for the right usage of rotation. Especially this will pose a problem for the former. If his heavy minutes will be continuous, I see him running out of gas before the Final Four no matter how good his overall physical condition is. Ataman has to heighten some other guys' roles until Larkin returns.
    I wrote this few weeks ago and I see there is no noticeable change in Ataman's mentality towards his rotation. Terrible usage of players. Micic and Clyburn duo owns the half of Efes' offenses. No need to insist on the idea of using Clyburn excessively. Efes needs greater share so they have enough quality within current roster. They are playing like a random low-class team whose only option on offense is their ball hog American.

They already lost too many games that they should have won. Awkward start.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Well, talking about if,,, if Ataman didn't use Tuncer last night you would have the same record as day before
    Literally impossible. Same number of wins, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Frigging Kattash needs to go. Damn, everyone and his sister says that Nebo/Poythress five doesn't work, and he still starts the game with anemic five and gets trashed...
    im impressed you are condaming such a decision by katash. This is mta traditional bball coulture. In tel aviv ,a pf must be quite like a center. must be american, a mountain of muscle able to dunk and much better if totally unable to shoot.
    i was watching at last IL matche . a "dunk game" among excited crowd. i could think that in israel just dunk are official counted points.
    Despite Israeli players size, despite impressive success of young NT in last decade, peaple and Mta management are always focusing for american muscles. No europeans, no shooters.
    While bball systems is focusing the arch a the main zone of the court to win matches (offensively and covering it, defensively), mta coaches and managers are just focusing muscles ant painted court, among excited crowd.
    no way

Quote Originally Posted by tonia View Post
    It didn't seem that the players of PAO were following any coach's system at offence and they didn't seem to play defense as well, during most of the game.
    You are right but Partizan's defense was awful too, they permitted Pana to shoot 29 fts without reason. The Greek team could have scored more points and equally win the game, they shot 8/25 3pts and many of them were free shots thanks to Walters excellent passing game.
    Last edited by ronmercer80; 11-04-2022 at 08:18 PM.

This what is happening with Efes is direct consequence of wrong signings(except Clyburn of course)

I had argue with people here(I don't remember anymore with whom but never mind) if Polonara is good signing or not, of course he is not good signing in this universe, because he is overated junk player who will make some triples maybe in good day but he won't never do things that Efes needs from him. He is short for his position and opponent will always grab offensive rebounds over him

Big mistake is releasing Singleton and Anderson, glue guys in the team. Without Singleton Efes would have lost final against Real for sure

Anderson is much better then Bryant will ever be, though aged, but his skillset is on bigger level and much better fits for Efes.

3rd notice is that Larkin is half of Efes quality, I wrote that milion times, he is difference maker and he makes all players better

When he comes back Efes will be ok, but after such disaster start it's big question if they will have HCA

4th notice, tbh Efes was good in defence , for the 1st time this season. They have a perfect roster for switch(p&r) defense but Ataman didn't use it until last night. The only Ataman's mistake( with the roster he had for this game) was involving Tuncer and decline started from his stupid turnover followed by 3 transition triples from Bayern
    Last edited by janketa; 11-04-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Can't stand sleepy, lazy Ulanovas,
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

This what is happening with Efes is direct consequence of wrong signings(except Clyburn of course)

I had argue with people here(I don't remember anymore with whom but never mind) if Polonara is good signing or not, of course he is not good signing in this universe, because he is overated junk player who will make some triples maybe in good day but he won't never do things that Efes needs from him. He is short for his position and opponent will always grab offensive rebounds over him

Big mistake is releasing Singleton and Anderson, glue guys in the team. Without Singleton Efes would have lost final against Real for sure

Anderson is much better then Bryant will ever be, though aged, but his skillset is on bigger level and much better fits for Efes.

3rd notice is that Larkin is half of Efes quality, I wrote that milion times, he is difference maker and he makes all players better

When he comes back Efes will be ok, but after such disaster start it's big question if they will have HCA

4th notice, tbh Efes was good in defence , for the 1st time this season. They have a perfect roster for switch(p&r) defense but Ataman didn't use it until last night. The only Ataman's mistake( with the roster he had for this game) was involving Tuncer and decline started from his stupid turnover followed by 3 transition triples from Bayern
    I'm with you on Polonara at this point -- he's not providing Efes anything this season.

I do think you're off on Bryant vs. Anderson, though. Bryant was a key part of Efes' title last season.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    I'm with you on Polonara at this point -- he's not providing Efes anything this season.

I do think you're off on Bryant vs. Anderson, though. Bryant was a key part of Efes' title last season.
    In semi yes, but in final game he was lost.. Anderson used his poor minutes with high efficiency and that what Efes misses this season. Guy who will use his 10 minutes in right way

You saw what Tuncer did in his 10 minutes? How one player can make damage to all effort

I appreciate we agree about Polonara
    Last edited by janketa; 11-04-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Apparently Lapravittola decided to be Curry today and we cannot make any 3PTs. Cool
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

What a bone headed play by Motley. Of course probably should have had a 3pt shooter in there instead of him.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Kalinic is crazy dude in crunch time. I wouldn't play him He finally made a three, he's always open, but then again stupid decision at the end...He's a good defender though.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Mahmutoglu and Hazer changed the energy but Hazers layup miss killed the game. Never saw a won game where Mahmutoglu scored. Dude is cursed.

Man what was that? Looks like Motley left his brain at the door. Totally meaningless move that cost the game for Fener.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

He either thought he can draw a foul, or thought the differance was two. Probably the first.
    Total breakdown in Q3 where (kudos to) Barca locked many of our options and we looked like a headless chicken for a while.
    Q4 though is where Fenerbahce put character and played well.
    This loss does not vex me too much. Game on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Man what was that? Looks like Motley left his brain at the door. Totally meaningless move that cost the game for Fener.
    Stats are important

F..k the situation where Melih is guy to go

Strange team, strange roster, this doesn't look good at all. At the end difference was just one point but it's obvious diffrence in quality. Just good to see Hazer taking his minutes on the court, he deserved that much more and much earlier

F..k the situation where Melih is guy to go

Strange team, strange roster, this doesn't look good at all. At the end difference was just one point but it's obvious diffrence in quality. Just good to see Hazer taking his minutes on the court, he deserved that much more and much earlier
    Does Hazer often goes for bank shot floater or it was just a wild bucket?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Could anyone imagine Efes without Micic and Larkin in crutial monutes like we played without Willbekin and Calathes tonight

It's obvious that Itoudis had fluke until now (like I thought) and this team lacks of quality and leader.

At the end it wasn't disaster but reliance on Melih as main player in last qt was nightmare. I would rather lose with 20 pts instead this shameful loss with proven loser like Melih in main role
    Last edited by janketa; 11-04-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Does Hazer often goes for bank shot floater or it was just a wild bucket?
    I don't know tbh but he didn't play much last games. He is out of the rhythm. This tonight was better then I expected from him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast