FIBA-Asia Cup 2025 Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I like to use the gold medalist Iran national team in the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship as a model since for me, Iran basketball is the most succesful team in Asian basketball from the late 2000's to the 2010's decade. Also there's some similarity between the 2 teams.

Hence, I want to match the 2 teams:

Hamed Haddadi vs. Kai Sotto (center) - I give Haddadi a slight edge here.

Oshin Sahakian vs. Cameron Oliver (4-spot) - Oliver obviously enjoys an overwhelming edge

Samad Nikkah Bahrami vs. Dwight Ramos (small forward) - Samad obviously is better than Dwight by a significant degree.

Hamed Afagh vs. Jordan Heading (shooting guard) - I give Heading some edge.

Mehdi Kamrani vs. Iskati Thompson (point guard) - I give Kamrani a slight edge.

I think for the starting 5, I will give Iran a slight edge. But it is in the relievers or the 2nd stingers where I believe Gilas would enjoy an overwhelming lead over Iran.

AJ Edu being Kai's chief back up at the slot is solid, especially on defense & rebounding

Carl Tamayo has the makings of our version of Oshin Sahakian

Malonzo & Oftana are solid 4 & 3 options coming off the bench.

Schonny Winston & Thirdy Ravena could not be match by any Iranian wingmen at that time at the 2-guard spot.

Robert Bolick would easily thwart Kamrani's backup point guard at that time.

I believe in terms of bench depth my projected Gilas team in the 2025 FIBA Asia Cup would easily overwhelm the Iran team in 2013.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I like to use the gold medalist Iran national team in the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship as a model since for me, Iran basketball is the most succesful team in Asian basketball from the late 2000's to the 2010's decade. Also there's some similarity between the 2 teams.

Hence, I want to match the 2 teams:

Hamed Haddadi vs. Kai Sotto (center) - I give Haddadi a slight edge here.

Oshin Sahakian vs. Cameron Oliver (4-spot) - Oliver obviously enjoys an overwhelming edge

Samad Nikkah Bahrami vs. Dwight Ramos (small forward) - Samad obviously is better than Dwight by a significant degree.

Hamed Afagh vs. Jordan Heading (shooting guard) - I give Heading some edge.

Mehdi Kamrani vs. Iskati Thompson (point guard) - I give Kamrani a slight edge.

I think for the starting 5, I will give Iran a slight edge. But it is in the relievers or the 2nd stingers where I believe Gilas would enjoy an overwhelming lead over Iran.

AJ Edu being Kai's chief back up at the slot is solid, especially on defense & rebounding

Carl Tamayo has the makings of our version of Oshin Sahakian

Malonzo & Oftana are solid 4 & 3 options coming off the bench.

Schonny Winston & Thirdy Ravena could not be match by any Iranian wingmen at that time at the 2-guard spot.

Robert Bolick would easily thwart Kamrani's backup point guard at that time.

I believe in terms of bench depth my projected Gilas team in the 2025 FIBA Asia Cup would easily overwhelm the Iran team in 2013.
      If Kai and AJ will be 100% healthy. In 2025, they are reaching their prime.

We might have potentially one of the best Twin Towers in Asia

Comment

• For me, I'm more interest who among those Division B squads will make it to the Division A and play for 2025 FIBA Asia cup? Last edition, it was Bahrain, KSA and Indonesia who make it into Division A... Let's see if those current Div. B squads can steal the spots of some Div. A members.... I will not surprise if 10 years from now, FIBA Asia executives will expand the teams from 16 to 24 teams, To increase competitiveness, increase the popularity of sport and of course their income... If not for Australia dominance, FIBA Asia could be same like Europe, All teams have legit chance to take the gold medal... Sorry for NZL and their fans, they are not invisible like Australia basketball... Asian teams can beat NZL in any day...

Comment

• Guam's roster for 2025 FIBA Asia cup pre - qualifiers this week :

Daren Hechanova
          Joseph Blas
          Jericho Cruz
          Earnest Ross
          Tomas Calvo
          Reo Aiken
          Alschea Grape
          Tai Wesley
          Jonathan Galloway
          Ben Borja
          Mark Johnson
          Matt Fegurgur

The Bank of Guam Men's National Basketball Team is off to Mongolia on Sunday for round two of the FIBA Asia Cup 2025 pre-qualifiers. Guam defeated Hong Kong and Singapore

Comment

• Mongolia's roster for this week's 2025 FIBA Asia cup Pre - Qualifiers:

Өнөөдөр МСБХ-ны Удирдах Зөвлөлийн 2023 оны 1 дүгээр улирлын хурал боллоо. Хурлаар хэлэлцсэн гол асуудлуудын нэг нь Монгол Улсын шигшээ багийн дасгалжуулагчдын баг, шигшээ багийн албанаас ирүүлсэн FIBA 2025 Asia Cup Pre-Qualifier 2nd Round Group F-д оролцох Монгол Улсын шигшээ багийн өргөтгөсөн бүрэлдэхүүнийг хэлэлцэн баталлаа. Шигшээ баг 2023 оны 2 дугаар сарын 13-ны өдрөөс байрлан бэлтгэлдээ гарна.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
              Guam's roster for 2025 FIBA Asia cup pre - qualifiers this week :

Daren Hechanova
              Joseph Blas
              Jericho Cruz
              Earnest Ross
              Tomas Calvo
              Reo Aiken
              Alschea Grape
              Tai Wesley
              Jonathan Galloway
              Ben Borja
              Mark Johnson
              Matt Fegurgur

https://www.guampdn.com/sports/team-...e41dfad2e.html
              Galloway 211cm
              Fegurgur 206cm
              Borja 201cm
              Wesley 201cm
              Johnson 198cm
              Ross 198cm
              Hechanova 191cm
              Blas 188cm
              Aiken 188cm
              Cruz 185cm
              Calvo 178cm
              Grape 173cm
              Last edited by ja.he; 02-20-2023, 02:17 AM.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

• I think the windows for this FIBA Asia Cup is the time to adjust to life without the likes of June Mar and Japeth, and then focus on the younger bigs like Carl, Balti, Mason, Pablo, Seven, and maybe Chiu, Demisana, and Quiambao. And time to bring in Ange as our full-time NP, especially since we might have to deal with periods without Kai and some size.

Also, time to retire Pogoy and get in other off-guards like Dwight and Heading, then look at Schonny, Nacua, Coronel, Bayla, Nic Cabanero, Renzo Competente. Maybe Mamuyac, John Barba, Enoch Valdez at the 2. Retain Parks and Perez for this WC cycle too.

At the wing, time to have Malonzo, Oftana, and eventually Navarro, Lopez, Caelum, Abadam as good options at those positions. Hope Josh Lazaro and Mark Belmonte can be FIBA-quality at the 3 eventually. Dwight's and Parks' time at the 3 should be limited, if you ask me. Both match up better at 2.

We also need more options at the point. Can't have Scottie as our only reliable option at PG. Look at Dalph Panopio, maybe. Jerom's another option, as are Nelle and Bahay. Man, our options are thin at point after producing Castro, Terrence (who is a SG in a PG's body), and Jimmy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  I think the windows for this FIBA Asia Cup is the time to adjust to life without the likes of June Mar and Japeth, and then focus on the younger bigs like Carl, Balti, Mason, Pablo, Seven, and maybe Chiu, Demisana, and Quiambao. And time to bring in Ange as our full-time NP, especially since we might have to deal with periods without Kai and some size.

Also, time to retire Pogoy and get in other off-guards like Dwight and Heading, then look at Schonny, Nacua, Coronel, Bayla, Nic Cabanero, Renzo Competente. Maybe Mamuyac, John Barba, Enoch Valdez at the 2. Retain Parks and Perez for this WC cycle too.

At the wing, time to have Malonzo, Oftana, and eventually Navarro, Lopez, Caelum, Abadam as good options at those positions. Hope Josh Lazaro and Mark Belmonte can be FIBA-quality at the 3 eventually. Dwight's and Parks' time at the 3 should be limited, if you ask me. Both match up better at 2.

We also need more options at the point. Can't have Scottie as our only reliable option at PG. Look at Dalph Panopio, maybe. Jerom's another option, as are Nelle and Bahay. Man, our options are thin at point after producing Castro, Terrence (who is a SG in a PG's body), and Jimmy.
                  last tour of duty for Junemar & Japeth this year. End of an era finally. Problem with Gilas program is they keep on holding onto players of the past such as Pogoy, Kiefer, Erram, Almazan... who are just not fit for FIBA play. Let's move on from players not fit for their position.
                  Manifesting: Philippines top 5 in the FIBA World Rankings

Comment

• Originally posted by paliganibossalfrancis View Post
                    last tour of duty for Junemar & Japeth this year. End of an era finally. Problem with Gilas program is they keep on holding onto players of the past such as Pogoy, Kiefer, Erram, Almazan... who are just not fit for FIBA play. Let's move on from players not fit for their position.
                    I'd put in the guys I mentioned (Schonny, Cabanero, Mamu, Nacua, Coronel, Bayla) in lieu of Pogoy in terms of priority at the 2 spot for these windows. Younger and more upside for FIBA play.

For Erram, Troy, Chua, Tratter, and Almazan, the likes of Carl, Balti, Mason, Seven, Pablo, Chiu, Demisana should be ahead of the former. Erram and Almazan are such bad FIBA bigs that I'd take 41-year-old Kelly Williams over them. Man, the development of bigs here should improve.

Comment

I'd put in the guys I mentioned (Schonny, Cabanero, Mamu, Nacua, Coronel, Bayla) in lieu of Pogoy in terms of priority at the 2 spot for these windows. Younger and more upside for FIBA play.

For Erram, Troy, Chua, Tratter, and Almazan, the likes of Carl, Balti, Mason, Seven, Pablo, Chiu, Demisana should be ahead of the former. Erram and Almazan are such bad FIBA bigs that I'd take 41-year-old Kelly Williams over them. Man, the development of bigs here should improve.
                      Philippines is such a guard-oriented basketball country isn't it? Everybody wants to move like kyrie and steph. Good bigs are so scarce. Most of the bigs we get are over weight & flat footed. Just look at the PBA we still have 6'5-6'6 centers. 6'4 power forwards. In international play Troy, Erram and Almazan are supposed to be sfs/sgs. Coaches are saying they turned them into stretch forwards when they still play like undersized centers.

Best career move of Carl Tamayo is going to Japan, he'll play like a true forward. Worst career move of Balti is settling for the PBA, he'll be in the mold of Almazan.
                      Manifesting: Philippines top 5 in the FIBA World Rankings

Comment

You forgot Edu by the way... He can be resident big man for Philippines once he graduated in Toledo... He can have good career here or even in Asian leagues (or NBL)....

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                          Galloway 6'11
                          Fegurgur 6'9
                          Borja 6'7
                          Wesley 6'7
                          Johnson 6'6
                          Ross 6'6
                          Hechanova 6'3
                          Blas 6'2
                          Aiken 6'2
                          Cruz 6'1
                          Calvo 5'10
                          Grape 5'8
                          So Jericho Cruz will straight after his SMB game to Mongolia to meet his teammates there.... Goodluck playing against hostile crowd in Mongolia.... Mongolians are also crazy for their national team... Although they still w/o Mike Shramjvst, who still playing in US NCAA at Dayton....

Comment

• POST injury AJ while can get a SRP Asian NBL contract will not get rotation minutes like Majok or Liu.

Comment

So Jericho Cruz will straight after his SMB game to Mongolia to meet his teammates there.... Goodluck playing against hostile crowd in Mongolia.... Mongolians are also crazy for their national team... Although they still w/o Mike Shramjvst, who still playing in US NCAA at Dayton....
                              I think that this line-up that Guam has right now is stronger than the last one but Thailand with Morgan and Lamb or Lisch and Mongolia are no slouch either.
                              Last edited by ja.he; 02-20-2023, 01:06 AM.
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

You forgot Edu by the way... He can be resident big man for Philippines once he graduated in Toledo... He can have good career here or even in Asian leagues (or NBL)....
                                Yeah, sorry, forgot AJ. I think he should try his luck first in the non-Asian leagues, even the NBL or a European third division side. But he should be considered for the windows.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information