Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dubai sheikhs looking to form a Euroleague club and host Final Four

  1. #1
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,429
    Country: Montenegro

    Default Dubai sheikhs looking to form a Euroleague club and host Final Four

    According to some rumors, rich investors from Dubai would invest between 50 and 60 million euros per year so that instead of "Turkish Airlines" competition would be called "Emirates Airlines" in the future. Also, there is a possibility to see a club from Dubai in the competition.

    https://www.b92.net/sport/euroleague...nav_id=2225944

    What is your opinion about that possibility?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Worrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,727
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    That only reminds me the legendary song of Abba; "Money Money Money"...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,821
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    According to some rumors, rich investors from Dubai would invest between 50 and 60 million euros per year so that instead of "Turkish Airlines" competition would be called "Emirates Airlines" in the future. Also, there is a possibility to see a club from Dubai in the competition.

    https://www.b92.net/sport/euroleague...nav_id=2225944

    What is your opinion about that possibility?
    Of course the Saudis started their own golf league so this does not sound to far fetched. Dont know when the Turkish Airlines contract is up, but I am sure EL is looking for more money for the next one. Would Dubai be willing to play Maccabi?
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

  4. #4
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,033
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Would Dubai be willing to play Maccabi?
    They would be happy to. Israel and OAE have good relations since signing Abraham Accords.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,821
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    They would be happy to. Israel and OAE have good relations since signing Abraham Accords.
    Thanks. Was to lazy to google. This sounds like at least 4 years away though. If Russian teams are back in by then EL should be able to expand by a few teams.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

  6. #6
    Senior Member radallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,469
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Thanks. Was to lazy to google. This sounds like at least 4 years away though. If Russian teams are back in by then EL should be able to expand by a few teams.
    Vautin was there.. one way or another I expect them in again. Of course I wish they will be in because of peace..
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,202
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Western money don't like basket competitions so the Euroleague should pick any oriental investment. I hope the proposal will be approved.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    324
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    There should be an Egyptian team too then They won European cup before if I recall correctly, and Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Israel...never won one

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •