Dubai sheikhs looking to form a Euroleague club and host Final Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai sheikhs looking to form a Euroleague club and host Final Four

According to some rumors, rich investors from Dubai would invest between 50 and 60 million euros per year so that instead of "Turkish Airlines" competition would be called "Emirates Airlines" in the future. Also, there is a possibility to see a club from Dubai in the competition.

What is your opinion about that possibility?

That only reminds me the legendary song of Abba; "Money Money Money"...

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
      According to some rumors, rich investors from Dubai would invest between 50 and 60 million euros per year so that instead of "Turkish Airlines" competition would be called "Emirates Airlines" in the future. Also, there is a possibility to see a club from Dubai in the competition.

What is your opinion about that possibility?
      Of course the Saudis started their own golf league so this does not sound to far fetched. Dont know when the Turkish Airlines contract is up, but I am sure EL is looking for more money for the next one. Would Dubai be willing to play Maccabi?
      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
        Would Dubai be willing to play Maccabi?
        They would be happy to. Israel and OAE have good relations since signing Abraham Accords.
        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
          They would be happy to. Israel and OAE have good relations since signing Abraham Accords.
          Thanks. Was to lazy to google. This sounds like at least 4 years away though. If Russian teams are back in by then EL should be able to expand by a few teams.
          Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
          2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
          Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
            Thanks. Was to lazy to google. This sounds like at least 4 years away though. If Russian teams are back in by then EL should be able to expand by a few teams.
            Vautin was there.. one way or another I expect them in again. Of course I wish they will be in because of peace..
            EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Western money don't like basket competitions so the Euroleague should pick any oriental investment. I hope the proposal will be approved.

Comment

There should be an Egyptian team too then They won European cup before if I recall correctly, and Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Israel...never won one

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information