Thread: Turkish Basketball League (BSL) 2022/23

Default Turkish Basketball League (BSL) 2022/23

the league is starting this Friday. let's see what it will bring.

30 Eylül Cuma
    19.00 Türk Telekom – Darüşşafaka

1 Ekim Cumartesi
    13.00 Yukatel Merkezefendi Belediyesi Basket – Aliağa Petkim Spor
    15.30 Pınar Karşıyaka – Manisa Büyükşehir Belediye Spor
    18.00 TOFAŞ – ONVO Büyükçekmece Basketbol

2 Ekim Pazar
    13.00 Anadolu Efes – Galatasaray Nef
    15.30 Fenerbahçe Beko – Bahçeşehir Koleji
    18.00 Gaziantep Basketbol – Frutti Extra Bursaspor

3 Ekim Pazartesi

19.00 Beşiktaş – AYOS Konyaspor Basketbol

ls there a separate webpage for this league? or is it this: https://www.tbf.org.tr/ligler/bsl-2022-2023/
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

I frankly can't understand what is going around Besiktas basketball. The team was built up with only 1 million dollar, this is less than any garbage football players' salary. If it is really hard to bear the burden of basketball branch, just shut down the operations immediately. I just can't stand watching a team that doesn't carry any mission. The team obviously is not playing for championship or play-offs. We let the high potential local players to fly away to other realms so only playing with low-level local and foreign players. What is the point of competing in this league then?

From the current roster, only McCormack is the only promising one. We may see him in better teams in future. We will finish the league only above the bottom like being 13th or 14th if this group players remain.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    I frankly can't understand what is going around Besiktas basketball. The team was built up with only 1 million dollar, this is less than any garbage football players' salary.
    well, this explains what's going on imho. No one cares, and the team has become the manager's tool for the last couple of years, over the youngsters collected mainly from Banvit.

The actual budget of Besiktas is 1 million dollars? How is a team able to survive only with that in the league?
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Quote Originally Posted by SaliH View Post
    The actual budget of Besiktas is 1 million dollars? How is a team able to survive only with that in the league?
    I heard it's 600k USD.
    they probably won't, or acquire several Americans mid-season to make some money for the managers.

guys, how can we watch beinsports? do they stream abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I heard it's 600k USD.
    they probably won't, or acquire several Americans mid-season to make some money for the managers.

guys, how can we watch beinsports? do they stream abroad?
    As far as I know you can watch the games via Bein Connect even if you live abroad. But, some leagues including English Premier League are forbidden to watch. Better to ask customer service that which leagues are included in that sport package that you purchase.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

Is it just illusion or Ilyasoglu from distance looks like Teo's clone I mean moves, shooting, even haircut

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Is it just illusion or Ilyasoglu from distance looks like Teo's clone I mean moves, shooting, even haircut
    Yeah, reminds him a bit:

https://twitter.com/EurospectsMedia/...73621764739072
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Fun and intense derby of Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. As expected the advantage of FB under the rim was too much for GS and Sadik Emir showed he is not quite ready for such an intense game and defense. He needs at least one more year in order to be really ready physically for EL. Offensively he is very gifted but he needs to learn to play defense at the highest level. He struggles defending in 1 vs. 1 actions and makes too many positioning mistakes.

Good games of Ilyasoglu and Osmani. Bitim was a bit rusty after his injury but he made the winning shot. Buyuktuncel back in action after breaking his hand with 8 points and 2 assists.

Very tough times for Besiktas basketball as a club, but performances of some individuals are better than I expected, namely McCormack, Usher and Ulubay. McCormack will surely see Euroleague level, the same can be said for Usher too if he can adapt his game to European basketball a little bit faster. Still playing the game way too Americanized and wild. Usher's physicality side of his game is impressive and that is what makes him promising for high stage European basketball.

Ulubay leading the team with 16,3 PPG and seems like he is more concentrated than ever. His biggest issue has always been consistency so despite having good numbers in the first quarter of season, I am not going to relight the sensation that him being a valuable player for Euroleague teams. But, a big but, if he can maintain his good numbers by averaging at least 13 PPG and keeps his tendency to lead his team at the end of the season, I see any of Turkish Euroleague teams will offer a role to him that includes not only high domestic league minutes, but relatively good number of Euroleague minutes aswell. It all depends on him, Besiktas is a great chance and last chance for Ulubay to leap forward.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

11th win of TT Ankara in a row. Erdem Can is probably the best thing what the ZOC era did for the Turkish BB

The risers of BSL are clear this season.

1. Onuralp Bitim (today with 27 points but his team lost)
    2. Sadik Emir Kabaca (18 points 6 rebounds and 2 assists)
    3. Berke Buyuktuncel (15 points but his team lost)
    4. Ercan Osmani
    With some restrictions
    5. Okben Ulubay

All five guys could easily jump to an EL team next season. Bitim is ready. He is clearly EL material without any doubts.

Berke Buyuktuncel needs to polish his game offensively but defensively he could even defend EL players. He must be called to the NT doesnt matter what his age is. You can really see some parallels to Toni Kukoc. Still needs to become more experienced in some situations.

Liked the defense of Muhaymin Mustafa very much today. Much better player than this idiot Goksenin Koksal.

Efes ditched Guven. Osmani move becoming more and more probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Efes ditched Guven. Osmani move becoming more and more probable.
    why did he even sign? Bad move from both sides. Waste of time for Egemen and waste of money for Efes. (just another underachieving talent by the way. He was a top prospect at some point)

If Osmani comes over and does not play 20mpg with this frontcount, Ataman needs to come out and apologize to every single career he destroyed.

I have an issue with his current battle against domestic players. everyone seems to blame the players. They are faulty for signing up for Efes, and then accepting the fate, but the biggest issue is with Ataman.

why did he even sign? Bad move from both sides. Waste of time for Egemen and waste of money for Efes. (just another underachieving talent by the way. He was a top prospect at some point)
    The reason is simple. He was the player who resembled Sanli the most. Trashy defense and tempting offensive upside. He seemed to fit to the offensive game of Efes and he is born 96. The alternatives were either too young or they had no upside but the probability of him popping up was very low. Ataman needs to be criticized for his behaviour what we call try and fail until someone pops up. There is no plan in our both EL teams and they surely have no obligation to develop players. Then what remains is to try out. G?ven didnt go to Efes to develop, he wanted the money. If he wanted to develop he would have done it long time ago so I have zero interest in someone who is ticking like that. I want EL level players and he is an obstacle for the ready ones.

If Osmani comes over and does not play 20mpg with this frontcount, Ataman needs to come out and apologize to every single career he destroyed.
    Dont worry, he will. At least he wil be tried out heavily if he can contribute (what I am expecting) fine, if not he will have enough credit for the future.