View Poll Results: The new EuroBasket champion is?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

    11 64.71%
  • France

    6 35.29%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

Thread: The Final: Spain - France

  1. #81
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,995
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    It's called sarcasm and you really need to chill with your fixation.
    There's zero sarcasm in that fact random American brought the title to European country.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,657
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    There's zero sarcasm in that fact random American brought the title to European country.
    Ok I get it. You don't know what sarcasm is. That's ok
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

  3. #83
    Senior Member Kwijibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leganes
    Posts
    3,731
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    There's zero sarcasm in that fact random American brought the title to European country.
    Spain is playing with same rules than all other national teams, and most of them take advantage of that.
    BARÇA O MUERTE

  4. #84
    Senior Member Jon_Koncak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ridirkulous View Post
    This was true long before this tournament, man. Australia is a medal candidate at the olympics since forever. Of course they would be a medal contender in Eurobasket every time. What is the point?
    First of all Australia definitely wasnt a medal candidate since forever.Actually for the most time they had solid but certainly not top 4 teams.My point is that Australia has already moved out of their continent to play in Asian competitions.They should make the next step and apply to play in Europe where judging by the terrible state of Natinal teams right now they'd be an instant contender.

    Since they were allowed to leave Oceania they should play in Europe,that's all of my point.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    299
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
    Nah was just a joke, about some overreacts with brown. 1st we signed him because R.Rubio was injured and 2nd we didnt sign any superstar just a good EL player, but supported by good teammates and coaching staff
    Poor poor Spain. The only team dealing with devastating injuries. You were forced by destiny!

    Meanwhile
    -Bogdan Bogdanovic has exactly the same injury as Rubio.
    -Gallinari tears meniscus before the tournament.
    -Moritz Wagner sprains ankle the first week of preparation.
    -Victor Wembanyama hurts his knee.
    -Shengelia dislocates his shoulder.

    Should I continue?

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    299
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    First of all Australia definitely wasnt a medal candidate since forever.Actually for the most time they had solid but certainly not top 4 teams.My point is that Australia has already moved out of their continent to play in Asian competitions.They should make the next step and apply to play in Europe where judging by the terrible state of Natinal teams right now they'd be an instant contender.

    Since they were allowed to leave Oceania they should play in Europe,that's all of my point.

    Of course "since forever" is an hyperbole. I guess I did not have to explain that. They have consistently beat very good European teams in the WC and Olympics since the '90s for sure...

  7. #87
    Senior Member Kwijibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leganes
    Posts
    3,731
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ridirkulous View Post
    Poor poor Spain. The only team dealing with devastating injuries. You were forced by destiny!

    Meanwhile
    -Bogdan Bogdanovic has exactly the same injury as Rubio.
    -Gallinari tears meniscus before the tournament.
    -Moritz Wagner sprains ankle the first week of preparation.
    -Victor Wembanyama hurts his knee.
    -Shengelia dislocates his shoulder.

    Should I continue?
    That's not my point. We just signed a "random" EL player that no1 cares while we were 7rd or 8rd for bets, but suddenly when we win some ppl want to seem like we singed Stephen curry and only we signs foreing player
    BARÇA O MUERTE

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    44
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    There's zero sarcasm in that fact random American brought the title to European country.
    But you ALSO have a naturalized player, don´t you?

    Have you had same moanings in 2017 with Tobey? Sure?

    From my side: 0 naturalized players, of course. But we can spend the whole night about the "right" connections to a country and we could or we couldn´t agree.

  9. #89
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,995
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Ok I get it. You don't know what sarcasm is. That's ok
    Complex of inferiority? De facto Greek NT is composed of three Nigerians, one pure American, one half American and why do I feel that I'm still missing something? Off course you won't like my posts and will try conduct me what I should and shouldn't chill with.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  10. #90
    Moderator Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
    That's not my point. We just signed a "random" EL player that no1 cares while we were 7rd or 8rd for bets, but suddenly when we win some ppl want to seem like we singed Stephen curry and only we signs foreing player
    It's actually a testament to how well Brown has played in this tournament.

  11. #91
    Senior Member Kwijibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leganes
    Posts
    3,731
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    France, one of the top 2 favorites from the start, is going to win the title. As the trounament progresses, surprises and cinderella teams decrease accordingly. Yes, you can eliminate a better team in a K.O. game, but you can't don that indefinitely. Hence the final between France and Spain. But France is the strongest one. The talent and skillset will eventually pull through. Much the same like the final between Argentina and Spain in the previous World Cup.

    Eventually that's all that matters. It's about winning the title.



    The truth of the matter is that Spain, so far, has beaten only three reasonable teams. That's Turkey, Germany, and Lithuania in OT. Most people put Spain close to those teams in rankings. So nothing remarkable there. They never beat, France (yet), Serbia, Slovenia or Greece. Spain in my view is still second tier. And France never played according to their potential, until the semi's. If this tournament is going to be played out 5 times, we could have had 5 different results. Being in the final does not mean you are top 2 in power rankings. Although Spain's record is quite good.

    In an annual competition system the standings would be:
    Spain 7-1
    Greece 6-1
    France 6-2
    Germany 6-2
    Serbia 5-1
    Slovenia 5-2
    Poland 5-3

    Followed by teams with more losses and less games. The power rankings were not far off.

    This is pure gold
    BARÇA O MUERTE

  12. #92
    Senior Member Kwijibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leganes
    Posts
    3,731
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    It's actually a testament to how well Brown has played in this tournament.
    And Willy, and Garuba, and A. Diaz, and Bo Cruz
    BARÇA O MUERTE

  13. #93
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,995
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breogan View Post
    But you ALSO have a naturalized player, don´t you?

    Have you had same moanings in 2017 with Tobey? Sure?

    From my side: 0 naturalized players, of course. But we can spend the whole night about the "right" connections to a country and we could or we couldn´t agree.
    It's not the same case. Brazdeikis born in Kaunas, lived for three years, both parents are 100% Lithuanians (it will sound racist maybe, but white, without an accent speaking Lithuanians), he speaks Lithuanian himself. Yeah, if not naturalization rule we wouldn't have Brazdeikis (cause he played for U16 Canada team), but you would agree that Brazdeikis case and Brown or Tobey cases are "a little" different, right?
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  14. #94
    Senior Member R1ou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,345
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Complex of inferiority? De facto Greek NT is composed of three Nigerians, one pure American, one half American and why do I feel that I'm still missing something? Off course you won't like my posts and will try conduct me what I should and shouldn't chill with.
    Not sure if you actually remember that Lithuanian Nt used to have 2 polish brothers playing for them at the same time.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

  15. #95
    Senior Member SaliH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Varna
    Posts
    626
    Country: Bulgaria

    Default

    O yeah... the favorite topic of the forum- naturalizations and whose team has the purest team of all.


    ps Lorenzo Brown is the game changer Giannis, Jokic, Luka, Schroeder, Gobert, Sabonis dream to ever be.
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

  16. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    2
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Complex of inferiority? De facto Greek NT is composed of three Nigerians, one pure American, one half American and why do I feel that I'm still missing something? Off course you won't like my posts and will try conduct me what I should and shouldn't chill with.
    sarcasm is the best answer to a xenophobic post like yours.

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,657
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    It's not the same case. Brazdeikis born in Kaunas, lived for three years, both parents are 100% Lithuanians (it will sound racist maybe, but white, without an accent speaking Lithuanians), he speaks Lithuanian himself. Yeah, if not naturalization rule we wouldn't have Brazdeikis (cause he played for U16 Canada team), but you would agree that Brazdeikis case and Brown or Tobey cases are "a little" different, right?
    But the Anteto brothers were born in Athens? Is there a double standard here?

    I'm not going to get into this again. Jfc you guys are weird. Before the tournament no one cared about Brown.

    There are problems with naturalization rules but they are the same for everyone.

    In general you seem very tense with the notions of nationality and who deserves it or whatnot so...chill
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

  18. #98
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,995
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Not sure if you actually remember that Lithuanian Nt used to have 2 polish brothers playing for them at the same time.
    True. And to be honest I don't like them as personalities. Not because I'm some sort of f...nazzi No, far from it. Other reasons. Dudes, committed rape. And till this day I find their craving for publicity and their cringey "humor" unbearable. I won't even make a hypothesis about their actual IQ.

    Look, I'm not serious about BROs. But the fact is that Brazdeikis isn't Canadian only because his parents decided to leave Lithuania for Canada, the same with Ante Bros, they are not pure Greeks only because parents immigrated. Do they cut all the ties with Nigeria? (now I'm just curious). IMO, Brazdeikis is more Lithuanian than Canadian, no doubt. I would tend to believe that deep in their hearts Ante Bros feel like they are more Nigerians than Greeks. Could be wrong though.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    299
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
    That's not my point. We just signed a "random" EL player that no1 cares while we were 7rd or 8rd for bets, but suddenly when we win some ppl want to seem like we singed Stephen curry and only we signs foreing player
    Your point makes no sense. First of all even your players were not happy about it at first. Starting from good old Rudy. And the rest of Europe was kind of on alert too. I think you live in your Spanish media bubble maybe. Even the head of FIBA had to officially address the situation before the tournament, since it was indeed a big buzz. https://basketnews.com/news-176773-f...-proposal.html

    Second of all, it's exactly the nature of the beast. We all waited to see if this "signing" would be decisive, of course. And it turned out to be. If a competitor cheats at a job interview but I still get the job, of course I spend no energy complaining about it too much. It's a matter of optimising your effort... If I miss on something I worked very hard for instead, different story...

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    299
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    True. And to be honest I don't like them as personalities. Not because I'm some sort of f...nazzi No, far from it. Other reasons. Dudes, committed rape. And till this day I find their craving for publicity and their cringey "humor" unbearable. I won't even make a hypothesis about their actual IQ.

    Look, I'm not serious about BROs. But the fact is that Brazdeikis isn't Canadian only because his parents decided to leave Lithuania for Canada, the same with Ante Bros, they are not pure Greeks only because parents immigrated. Do they cut all the ties with Nigeria? (now I'm just curious). IMO, Brazdeikis is more Lithuanian than Canadian, no doubt. I would tend to believe that deep in their hearts Ante Bros feel like they are more Nigerians than Greeks. Could be wrong though.
    Funny enough also your opinion on the other side disturbs me. They seem pretty greek to me when singing loudly the national anthem.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •