Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2023 Lithuanian NT

Dude, Pau scored 19pts against Lithuania in 2008. That's a fact. Besides, he had great defensive performances in 2010. In 2015, 2016 he was too old. JV wasn't a kid back then, specially 2016. Why you try to deny something what Kalnietis, Saras, Kleiza always emphasized? Kleiza talked about in recent podcast. Kalnietis once said "Kleiza was our leader, but the Javtokas was even more important. He was covering all the defense". I remember these words very well.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    I believe that 2 nba level 18pts average centers would help NT win more medals that 2 defensive type 6pts average euroleague centers.

No double teams for Jonas and Domas because shooters all around them in ltu NT 00s? Easy game for our nba centers compare to todays double teams they are facing.

Nobody would double team Domas or Jonas when Saras,Siska,Macas is waiting for a ball. Easily atleast 2 medals more.
    Now you contradict your self. You recently repeated many times that it shouldn't be best 12 players, it should be best puzzle of 12 players. Those pieces who make the best team. 00's team basically had zero issues offensively. We were best offensive team in 2003 with 91ppg. But we could also play the D cause we had Eurelka, M.Zukauskas, Siskauskas. And later Javtokas. With JV and Domas the D would be shit, that's a fact.

The least that team needed is to watch how JV slowly bouncing the ball in the paint and takes weeks to make a decision. I mean we had freakin Jasikevicius and Siskauskas, likely 2 best decision makers in Europe at that moment and Macijauskas who could shoot the light out every single game.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Javtokas peak in NT was 2010-2012 thats not 00s. What kalnietis said that was about 2010s Javtokas.Stop mixing up things and show your limitations about what happend.

Gasol 37pts in 2003, Gasol 25pts in 1/4 2006, 2008 semifinal Gasol fouled entire froncourt with 19pts .So where was those Zukauskas/Javtokas elite defence in 00s?

Valanciunas was 23-24 in 2015-16 .So Brazdeikis at 23 is young,but Jonas at same age was already experienced veteran? what a double standarts.

I repeat Javtokas was as old as Gasol every time they met. Age is not excuse they both are born in 1980.

But ok ok i got it your point Zukauskas/Javtokas with their 6 pts european averages play such big part in 00s that even for 2 high quality nba centers from the future its would be impossible to help more 00s NT than those 2 very limited offensive centers did.

To honestly believe that Javtokas/Zukauskas was better overall players than Valanciunas/Sabonis just wow This is tottaly diffrent level of basketball insanity even for you dude
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-25-2022 at 10:19 PM.

Lately your posts are pathetic, dude. You contradict your self, jumping from hyper pessimism (at the start of this thread) to hyper optimism now (we were so close!). You're not worthy replies cause you can't even read. I'll give you few more cents maybe you'll get it, maybe not, but I'm tired schooling people who don't even want to learn to pay attention. In 10 years you didn't learn to read, that's the saddest part. At least you improved some of your English though.

To keep more or less prime Pau with 19pts is good. It's not 37 at least.

Valanciunas prior 2016 already saw 5 official tournaments. How is that not experienced? I mean 24yo JV already was matured enough. He had a successful EB a year a go in 2015.

So what? Players decline in different pace. Lukauskis is playing well at 43. Does that mean all players of his age group should be able to do the same? Javtokas declined sooner than Pau. Pau is pretty exceptional you know...

And for the last time (how many times I already wrote this?). Javtokas is not better player than JV, Domas. He's much better defender and thus much better fit for 00's team. Maybe this way you will actually get it

Anyway, it's my last reply for you for a while now. It's not about different opinions, it's about your inability to keep up with argumentation and conversation culture. Unfortunately you highly lack tons of cognitive skills due to your lack of education - lack of precise reading, getting what others say, attention, self-reflection, your language is poor, lack of respect, instant jumping to conclusions and etc. Practice, practice, practice. Without that you here are just an object of patronizing.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

LTU NT 2022 leaders best moments in recent eurobasket put by fiba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RrLqfdtUZU&t=277s

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234