Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Doncic be the best Euro player of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usagre View Post
    Hard to judge players in FIBA one and done tournaments. Basketball is not conducive to that. That’s why series are played to determine the best teams on the highest level. Jokic was rightfully MVP because his stats resulted in wins. Luka will get his MVP soon in my opinion maybe even this upcoming year.
    How Jokic's stats results in wins? Luka was in WCF, Jokic wasn't.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
      Not necessarily. Many great players didn't win anything.
      Great players yes but not the best of the best. I am talking about top 10. The real cream of the crop.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
        Is it actually question can Doncic be best European player of all time time, or will he be ? If is first question, response is simple, yes. If is second question, it's more complicated. Criterions about best European player of all time are unfounded.In this moment we don't know who is the best European player of all time. It's ok. Is it Galis, Petrovic, Nowitzki, Sabonis, Gasol, Kukoc,Kicanovic, Divac, it depends mostly whose nationality is this one who estimates.
        For me it's easy. First Sabonis. Total monster. Imho he was much better than Jokic in his prime. Second Drazen. It becomes more difficult after that. I would put Dirk 3rd. My rankings have nothing with titles, just ranking their domination on the court.
        previously known as Beno

Comment

How Jokic's stats results in wins? Luka was in WCF, Jokic wasn't.
          I think it helped Jokic’s candidacy that Jamal Murray was out and his numbers were kind of ridiculous.

Comment

For me it's easy. First Sabonis. Total monster. Imho he was much better than Jokic in his prime. Second Drazen. It becomes more difficult after that. I would put Dirk 3rd. My rankings have nothing with titles, just ranking their domination on the court.
            Yeah Sabonis did it against very inferior competition so I have to penalize him for that. And Drazen had a couple of good years in the NBA before. His death but not even remotely close to what the European big 3 are currently doing.

Comment

I think it helped Jokic’s candidacy that Jamal Murray was out and his numbers were kind of ridiculous.
              His numbers will always be ridiculous. But watching him, you really have a feeling that he's the best player in Nba?
              previously known as Beno

Comment

Yeah Sabonis did it against very inferior competition so I have to penalize him for that. And Drazen had a couple of good years in the NBA before. His death but not even remotely close to what the European big 3 are currently doing.
                Forget competition. Sabonis in prime is Jokic's big daddy. He played in Nba without knees.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

His numbers will always be ridiculous. But watching him, you really have a feeling that he's the best player in Nba?
                  No but for last two years he deserved the award. Trust me the voting has a funny way of working out in that selectors eventually cool on a player if he doesn’t get the ultimate prize.

Comment

Forget competition. Sabonis in prime is Jokic's big daddy. He played in Nba without knees.
                    It’s a great what if question. But in my book you can’t assume greatness. He never dominated at the highest level and that’s just the way it is.

Comment

It’s a great what if question. But in my book you can’t assume greatness. He never dominated at the highest level and that’s just the way it is.
                      That generation didn't have a chance to make it. Blazers coach said that he didn't have a clue, who Drazen is.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

Those generation didn't have a chance to make it. Blazers coach said that he didn't have a clue, who Drazen is.
                        I saw Drazen play with Portland in 1990 and 1991. He wasn’t ready physically or mentally. He was a really good player in New Jersey where I basically saw just about all his games living in the tri-state area and he was not on the same planet as Luka.

Comment

My focus point would be what he achieves in Europe with his NT. NBA is still important but its not where my focus lies.

Comment

That generation of European players were not used to playing the amount of games that they do now. When European leagues started to play more games the conditioning of the players improved greatly and was on par with the NBA.

Comment

I saw Drazen play with Portland in 1990 and 1991. He wasn’t ready physically or mentally. He was a really good player in New Jersey where I basically saw just about all his games living in the tri-state area and he was not on the same planet as Luka.
                              Dirk wasn't too and you have him as better player.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                                My focus point would be what he achieves in Europe with his NT. NBA is still important but its not where my focus lies.
                                By that standard Pau Gasol is the greatest European international tournaments player of all time in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information