QF3: France - Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    France gonna play Gobert 20min+ always. In what game somebody forced France to put Gobert to bench?

If France plays Gobert againts Slovenia with Muric/Camcar at C.

Gobert is rebounding beast,he won overtime versus Turkey just with rebounding.

I Olympic 1/4 it was Melli who had bad game not Gobert in last matchup between them.
    Agree... even if Melli was in bad shape last year while he's playing a great tournament so far... so we can hope for a different result!

Another player Italy should check is Yabusele who has a combination of size, athleticism and skills that can be lethal at times and it was last year @ Olympics.

Comment

Gobert, a fantastic player coached for years by a stupid ignorant who never tried to exploit his potential (Snyder of course). Obliged to defend against 3 or 4 opponents whereas Mitchell insisted on never passing him the ball.

I wish him good luck and a second basketball life now that he has just been traded.

I choose France only because of him. But in order to win this they have to impose a slow pace, if the italians start running things will become complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
        Gobert, a fantastic player coached for years by a stupid ignorant who never tried to exploit his potential (Snyder of course). Obliged to defend against 3 or 4 opponents whereas Mitchell insisted on never passing him the ball.

I wish him good luck and a second basketball life now that he has just been traded.

I choose France only because of him. But in order to win this they have to impose a slow pace, if the italians start running things will become complicated.
        Gobert a "fantastic player"?!?

Rather a man kissed by mother-nature with a dominant body but very few skills in a BB court...

Comment

Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
          Gobert a "fantastic player"?!?

Rather a man kissed by mother-nature with a dominant body but very few skills in a BB court...
          It is not the right place for such a debate but just two numbers, 71,3% shot but only 12,4 pts/game (with a decent 70% fts) against Mitchell's overall 44%, wouldn't it have been better to pass him the ball much more times instead of crazy 3pt shooting again and again with mediocre team percentages?

But ok, let's verify his real NBA skills from now on.

Comment

Over/Under on when Italian coach gets a technical is 5 minutes.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Italy cold thus far. Probably hard to get your sh...together after such an amazing win.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Pretty bad basketball in first half. No fans don't help either.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

France the luckiest team ever?
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                    Seriously what the hell is this lol. I think they cast a curse on their opponents.

Comment

Cedi in italian is spelled "Fontecchio"

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                        And refs on their side

Comment

Italy leads 77-75, Fontecchio misses 2 freethrows to seal the game, France equalizes. 77-77 RT
                          Replace Italy with Turkey, and Fontecchio with Osman, and you have the EXACT same story down to the scores, lol.

France escapes in both games... tough loss for the Italians, we know how it feels (absolutely awful).

Comment

Fontecchio choke job.

Comment

Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                              Italy leads 77-75, Fontecchio misses 2 freethrows to seal the game, France equalizes. 77-77 RT
                              Replace Italy with Turkey, and Fontecchio with Osman, and you have the EXACT same story, lol.

France escapes in both games...
                              Turkey was in even better position, 2 points lead, 2FT and possession. I have never seen team losing like Turkey did.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Nice tournament by Italy but to be honest I am glad I don’t have to watch them anymore in this tournament. The antics were getting old.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information