No announcement yet.

Eurobasket 2022 - Round of 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let see if Czechs can keep the high speed rhythm in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
      Let see if Czechs can keep the high speed rhythm in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
      I just can see that Giannis is still too limited on the fiba courts. If you lock down the paint and force the Greeks to shoot its difficult for them.

Comment

• 94-86 very much a possibility...

Comment

• Giannis 4 points. Czech needed a bigger lead.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Open road for Spain to win the tournament and if they do it with such a squad we might not held this competition anymore lol.
            1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Looks like the next superstar after Jokic will also be eliminated in the top 16 phase. Bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                I just can see that Giannis is still too limited on the fiba courts.
                Yes thats one main problem. The other is the bad defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                  Giannis 4 points. Czech needed a bigger lead.
                  Well, on the other hand Greeks are shooting threes better than expected. I mean, Calathes has two threes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Butler View Post
                    Looks like the next superstar after Jokic will also be eliminated in the top 16 phase. Bad!
                    All games were close in the group phase. I think Greece will return with strong defense in the 3rd quarter. If this fails then the game is over. So one more quarter and we will know.

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                      Open road for Spain to win the tournament and if they do it with such a squad we might not held this competition anymore lol.
                      Our team is, and it will be if things go in a normal way, the worst since 1995 (we lost against you I still remember). So, for us reaching Semi finals would be a huge result. Nothing more than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                        Yes thats one main problem. The other is the bad defense.
                        The speciality of the Greeks are they can switch on defense at will and become Spartans at Thermopyla

Comment

• Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                          What is worse than being eliminated before QF for Serbia is that they have lost the rockbound status in other teams' eyes. Serbia had been a very scary opponent in 2000s that you very well knew they are too superior to cope. Even before tip-off, they used to have mental advantages over their opponents thanks to flashy magic they have.

After back-to-back unsuccessful tournament runs, Serbia in basketball is definitely not what Brazil in football is. They are no longer being trailed after.

Great shooting day for Italians. Well played. That defense is praiseworthy.
                          We've had bad tournements in a row before, not just last couple of years (as far as I remember Brazil also had quite a few shameful performances in recent past ). The reason why this is so bad right now is that we had the personnel to do big things (at least in theory, on paper) in the last two tournaments but failed pretty hard to benefit from individual talent. We failed to build the winning team in other words. That requires serious analysis going forward.

Comment

• I wonder how long Giannis would jump in triple jump? With 1 year training he could set up a world record.

On the other hand Czechs look completely different with Satoransky back. Truly one of the most underrated floor generals.

Comment

• Bucks cheerleader Thanasis dancing sirtaki on the bench all the time.

Comment

• Can somone kindly tell Giannis that he cannot shoot the three?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information