No announcement yet.

Eurobasket 2022 - Round of 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany is not going to defend as well as the Czechs, nor will they have their passing game. Papagiannis and Giannis will score a lot of points. However, the Greek perimeter defense will be the key to victory for tonight's match, the better the better the chances of qualification

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
      Excellent ball distribution of Italy from one side to another, using advantage of Melli shoots and reading the defense. Moving without ball like team and especially of some players like Polonara, Spissu or Fotnecchio. Good first pass and good spacing on offense transition. POwer of improvisation. Bad our pn defense on drop, on side help and on swich, for example Kalinic didn't can defend Melli on low post, Jokic cannot follow Melli on 3p. Spissu before he made 6 shoots, 3 open shoots has missed. In defense Italy used mobility of defense to play narrow because bad ball distribution of Serbia, and not reliable shooters of Serbia.
      All these wouldn't mattered, if Pesic had benched Milutinov after Q1 and played Jokic much more.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
        All these wouldn't mattered, if Pesic had benched Milutinov after Q1 and played Jokic much more.
        I disagree. Italy well used Jokic's defensive lacks, also he in offense had problems to get good position, he made some hard shoots in contact over two players for example and he fought for fouls, what produced more points from Serbia in first half because Italy all the time defensively played same, because we had a lot of free throws. We didn't use soft narrowing on post on Jokic, he passed the ball for 3p players in some situations, but it didn't help, we couldn't establish connection him and other players inside. Italy made excellent rotations from one to another, our immobile offense and bad ball distribution helped them in this way.

Jokic scored a lot of points, some points he made in the finish when is game over, however. Jokic didn't strucutally changed anything our or their play, except mathematically he scored points. In that sense I disagree, if he would be 4 minutes more, what will happen ? We would make 1 one or two shoots more, and what'll change this? To not be in -12 pneither to be in -9 . Pesic tried with Jagodic Kuridza on pf in beginning of 4th quarter to make counter-balance to Italy, it didn't work, because he hasn't enoguh quality, we didn't move ball closer to basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
          I disagree. Italy well used Jokic's defensive lacks, also he in offense had problems to get good position, he made some hard shoots in contact over two players for example and he fought for fouls, what produced more points from Serbia in first half because Italy all the time defensively played same, because we had a lot of free throws. We didn't use soft narrowing on post on Jokic, he passed the ball for 3p players in some situations, but it didn't help, we couldn't establish connection him and other players inside. Italy made excellent rotations from one to another, our immobile offense and bad ball distribution helped them in this way.

Jokic scored a lot of points, some points he made in the finish when is game over, however. Jokic didn't strucutally changed anything our or their play, except mathematically he scored points. In that sense I disagree, if he would be 4 minutes more, what will happen ? We would make 1 one or two shoots more, and what'll change this? To not be in -12 pneither to be in -9 . Pesic tried with Jagodic Kuridza on pf in beginning of 4th quarter to make counter-balance to Italy, it didn't work, because he hasn't enoguh quality, we didn't move ball closer to basket.
          Game was lost in 11 minutes that Milutinov has played. +/- might not realistically show value of the players, but -19 in 11 minutes Milutinov played shows that lineup with Milutinov didn't work. You're forgetting that Jokic is not only scorer, but a player crucial for offensive system Serbia is playing.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Game was lost in 11 minutes that Milutinov has played. +/- might not realistically show value of the players, but -19 in 11 minutes Milutinov played shows that lineup with Milutinov didn't work. You're forgetting that Jokic is not only scorer, but a player crucial for offensive system Serbia is playing.
            Actually, we don't have offensive system, from the reason we have such player that is too dfficult build some system in short period. Milutinov on both directions failed, but conicidentally he was on the court, when Italy made 3 consectuive 3p shoots, what doesn't matter with him. All the game, Italy played same, and they tried to catch offensive mod they can to reach. They got it between last two minutes of 3rd quarter and in first 4 minutes of 4th quarter. For me + - stats in not rellevant, in this game Marinkovic has +3 circumstantially he played more in first half, in Jokic's case, he was out the court in time of Italian hurricane and he was on finish when we reduct point simply because they we took a more risk, Italy defended big advantage and it cames from -13 to -8.

Comment

• Fyi

EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Germany is most likeable team in semi-final. Similar thins happened about 20 years ago with young Nowitzki and company. Unlike football, I think never in my life in any game I didn't support them.

Comment

I want Italy, because it's very difficult to beat the same opponent twice and I want for Luka to score 50+. I can't see anyone to guard him in Italian roster.

But first Poland. I'm always afraid what happens in those "easy" games.
                  Miller Bobe, ma jebao te viÅ¡e Dončić. Dončić je Srbin. Da vam njega nema, ne bi vas bilo na koÅ¡arkaÅ¡koj mapi. Ne prodavaj strancima muda za bubrege. Jadan si

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information