Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 - Round of 16

What a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Yes that’s what the final will be.
    I would not be so convinced after 1/8 games. This is turning out to be one of the most unpredictable tournaments. Greece and Slovenia might seem like favourites, but dont be surprised if either Germany, France, Spain, Italy or my dark horse for medals Finland wins it all. Even Poland can upset Slovenia in QF - expecting a close matchup like today between Greece and Czech R.

Greece had a lot of problems in play during the game, but they have good attitude, for them is good to have some secondary players who could do job in important moments like Larentzakis tonight. Especially I m surprised with attendance of fans as support and patience during difficult moments in game who has to won easier.

Someone stole 2019's script and is filming a remake. Being an Eurobasket, Argentina is not available, so they had to go with the closest team: Italy. Next chapter in the script: Argentina/Italy beating France...

After this performance by the Greek team, I see the chances against Germany at just 50/50, even without Wagner. Nevertheless, I have just booked the day tickets for the final day. No risk no fun. Now all I have to do is locate the Greek team hotel for stalking reasons.

If Greece players can make open 3 they can win the whole thing.

Today Czechs literally 3 players was defending Giannis like 80% of the time .

I have never seen any team guarding any player like that

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Butler View Post
    After this performance by the Greek team, I see the chances against Germany at just 50/50, even without Wagner. Nevertheless, I have just booked the day tickets for the final day. No risk no fun. Now all I have to do is locate the Greek team hotel for stalking reasons.
    Germany is uncomfortable opponent, playing in Berlin, but Greece is favourite, not big but favourite, and this experience vs Czech Republic will help to Greece to overcome problems vs Germany.

I struggle to find a team as good as the Czech Republic, all the others have obvious weaknesses. The Czechs were unlucky not to have Satoransky in the group stage and to play the competition's top favorite so early. I'm sure they would have made it to the final otherwise. I feel sorry for them

Forgot to say it previously but watching the game one thing came to mind again, what a disgusting flopper Vesely is.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Greece is like a chess program that learns from the opponent and appears stronger in the next one. And it has played with many strong teams, teams with different playing styles

Serbia had role of favourite who 'll fail. When some team is good, theoretically has lacks who aren't used by certain opponents some period, team who is a lot of praised, but it's visible this team hasn't what is necessary for winner, and counting every facts don't match as winner. It's nothing more absurd then glorification some team before any important game on some tournament.

It happened 2019 and result was same. 2015 Eurobasket who doesn't remember, we won 5 games in group, Spain 10 points, Germany 2, Italy 20, Turkey 9. In eighth finals and quarter finals, with some problems we won Finland and Czech Republic without drama. At finally, we lost of Lithuania 67-64 and against France for3d place 15 points. Even then, we 're looking like future falling favourite. Serbia nowadays, is team of two excellent players, who play for nt worse then in clubs, and other players who are solid, so-so, or is weak. How is going to happen, such team looks to someone like first favourite, I haven't answer. I only can to be concerned about wide mass perception.

It's not just us. If we're looking Australia 2016 2nd place behind Usa, in front of France and Us. They lost 25 points of us in semi final Greece 2014 5-0 first place in group, loss 15 points of us. Spain 3-2 Eurobasket 2015 in group, they won. Lithuania 2013 came to final, they almost eliminated by BIH in group. 2014 we had in group 2-3, we 're placed in final over Greece, Brasil and France. For few competitions, there are lot of examples. Except Slovenia I can't remember other champion who was dominant in group.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Forgot to say it previously but watching the game one thing came to mind again, what a disgusting flopper Vesely is.
    Flop does almost everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Flop does almost everybody.
    Vesely does it all the time, I mean ALL the time.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Seriously well done to Italy. I didn't buy into the criticism of Pozzecco in this forum. He looks like true Italian passion to me & that's the way most Serbian fans see it now. He hugged and kissed all the Serbian players after the game as well. The determination of the Italian players is surely down to him. When he made that dramatic exit I didn't feel good about the game for Serbia. Italy shot the lights out but everyone wanted to shoot.

Ze Germans have a deeper roster than the Czechs and it will be a very tough and close game.

EDIT: Here is an anectode of my german wife watching yesterdays basketball game with me allthough she is completely uninteressted in basketball.
    One of the commentators on MagentaSport said during the 1st halftime "Giannis Antetokoumpo the best basketball player in the world"
    My wife: "Why does he call him the best basketballplayer in the world if he cannot shoot threes?"
    During the 4th quarter she said "Oh I was mistaken he is a pretty good threepoint shooter after all"

So to conclude I have the impression that Giannis has a very high confidence in him self. If you use a knock-out game of an Eurobasket tournament for shooting practice and you take the 6th shoot in the finals minutes of the 4th quarter allthough you have missed already 5 shoots than this is really a statement. But I think this "shooting practice" is a really good investment into the future. If Giannis improves his three such that he reaches a percentage > 30% per game this would change everything.
    Last edited by fasoulaki; 09-12-2022 at 07:50 AM.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I struggle to find a team as good as the Czech Republic, all the others have obvious weaknesses. The Czechs were unlucky not to have Satoransky in the group stage and to play the competition's top favorite so early. I'm sure they would have made it to the final otherwise. I feel sorry for them
    Czechs are solid team, but now, after giving scare to Greece, they were suddenly the 2nd best team in competition after Greece? Lol
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Czechs are solid team, but now, after giving scare to Greece, they were suddenly the 2nd best team in competition after Greece? Lol
    Czechs have only three very good players Saturanksy, Vesely, Auda. Thats the reason why they lost the game. With a longer czech bench Greece would have lost.

EDIT: And refs did not give two offensive fouls to Giannis. In the other games and other tournaments this happend and Giannis was benched after two fouls.
    Last edited by fasoulaki; 09-12-2022 at 07:40 AM.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Zoran Dragic is out for 6-8 weeks.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    C'mon this Serbian teams eats two Italian teams for breakfast and three for lunch. Who should Serbia be affraid of? Melli? Datome? Fontecchio? Ha Ha Ha
    You forgot Spissu...

The main culprit for Serbia going out is obvious, Pesic.

1. You can build a team around Jokic and then play him only 28 minutes in a must win game.
    2. He should understand after few minutes in Q1, if not even before the game, that Milutinov is unplayable against 5 players out Italian team.

Some others being disastrous too of course. Guduric showed another time that he's too limited player on which you can't count, when it matters. Lucic totally out of form and Micic, who can dominate only in Ataman's team.
    previously known as Beno

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast