Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 - Round of 16

Those unsportsmanlike fouls the the TFs are fucking disgraceful game after game. It’s like they wanna show some authority or what? FIBA refs are miserable like the organisation itself.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Similar situation like our today, +3 and unsp foul

But Germans have Schroder instead of Cedi, and that is answer on question about loser mentality. We don't have clutch player and true leader, simple as that. 10 role players in the roster and wanabe leader Cedi Osman.

Ok very happy that we did not go down in history being 24 up and making Montenegro the cinderella story of the tournament.

They probably are doing that deliberately since they are just low level referees and not smart enough.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Pretty bad sprain Herbert just said about Wagner.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

I wanted to write after the first half that Germany is playing very maturely and no matter who the opponent, with homecourt is favored in the quarterfinals. But the second half was really miserable. The big question now is whether Wagner can play in the quarterfinals. I hope for him that he has not seriously injured. German coach just said that its a bad sprain.

The problem with unsportsmanlike fouls is that referees are officiating them in literal sense. That means every time a player makes a foul without intention to reach for the ball referees are calling that as unsportsmanlike foul, and it's not their fault becuse that's how FIBA made the rule. The thing is if they are going to do that, then there are 50 fouls like that each game, and they would have to call each and every one of them if they follow this rule. The bigger problem is that referees can impact the game and be selective with the use of this rule. It's so bad for basletball.

Devastating win. Wagner got his ankle iced behind the bench and then left into the locker room. I don't think the zone-defense and GSW shooting of Montenegro was primarily responsible for that horrible second half. It´s was all a question of effort and we lacked any of it.

It was the right call based on the rules though, sadly. We desperately need an extra rule to clarify stop-the-clock fouls. That kind of calls kill the game.
    Last edited by thiago94; 09-10-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    I am not buying that. I think the German coach might be playing games with the media and future opponent. Looked like he landed on opponents foot and 9 times out of 10 you walk that off. The fact that he didn’t return to the game I think was a calculated decision by the coach that they would not blow such an enormous lead and didn’t want to risk him even though the game got a lot closer. Just a guess by me but we shall see.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    Weird, as Per Günther was saying in the commentary, did not look that bad in real-time. But I think he had a small injury on that ankle already at the end of the regular season in Orlando.

EDIT: If Giannis plays tomorrow, I think Franz can play Tuesday. Of course the Orlando Magic might have a different opinion...
    Last edited by Ridirkulous; 09-10-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Giannis completed the entire team training session on Saturday. So lucky. He will play tomorrow.

Terrible idea to have the Turks play the same day as Germany in Berlin btw. They all bought daily tickets and left after their game anyway. No atmosphere whatsoever compared to the group stage in Cologne, even when we were up 24 and playing spectacular basketball, the crowd was super silent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ridirkulous View Post
    Terrible idea to have the Turks play the same day as Germany in Berlin btw. They all bought daily tickets and left after their game anyway. No atmosphere whatsoever compared to the group stage in Cologne, even when we were up 24 and playing spectacular basketball, the crowd was super silent...
    Ataman would agree with you

Sabonis will have to step up big time with Valanciunas sitting with 3 fouls. I think he will.

Just saw the TUR-FRA game and i can feel for Ataman and the Turkish fans. Its hard to lose a game that is in your grasp.

In the SLO-BEL game no surprises whatsoever. Belgium is a tough straightforward team. I mentioned this after the GRE-BEL game in the wc preliminaries. Slovenia however has Luca and this is all they need.

In the last game ESP-LTH i chose the underdogs Spain to win because i don't remember a more insecure Lithuanian team in the last many years. Anyway its gonna be close to the end.

Anyone else impressed that Rudy is still playing for Spain after so long?

Our reserves stood well while both bigs struggled, then Domas stepped up. Thumbs up to Jokubaitis for coping with such pressure.

Spian doesn't do anything spectacular, but they are very well oiled and organized team. The ball moves offensively and their defence is active.

It's gonna be close.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Anyone else impressed that Rudy is still playing for Spain after so long?
    Yeah it’s pretty impressive. I remember him throwing down some monster dunks against USA at 2004 Olympics almost 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Yeah it’s pretty impressive. I remember him throwing down some monster dunks against USA at 2004 Olympics almost 20 years ago.
    2008, you meant. The one against D. Howard was impressive.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    More like 2008, but still, yeah. That dunk on Dwight Howard was really impressive.

EDIT: Ha ha Straight Forward was a tick faster.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast