No announcement yet.

Eurobasket 2022 - Round of 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This moment also showed that BB Gods were against Turkey. If this play was legitimated, it would had been over most likely.

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
      Zarko never did
      Yeah Nick Anderson in 1995 NBA finals is what comes to mind. He was never truly the same player.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• I think this is exactly how we all feel right now.

Comment

• Great comeback by the Turks, who had actually already won the game. It's unbelievable that France will leave the court as the winner. I dont want to be rude. And it's not an offend but as always Turkey lacks the winner mentality.

The game and the result also put the alleged strength of Group B into perspective. It is unlikely that France has a great chance of winning a game against probably Serbia with this performance.

Comment

• Is it sad that at +2 and unsportsmanlike freethrows + posession I still wasn’t celebrating but praying it wouldn’t go bad, while kinda expecting it would, and it exactly happening? Because at this point it’s just standard. Cedi 4/4 from FT up untill that point. Turkey inbounds the ball successfully but SOMEHOW it has to be redone(??) and on that second attempt a stupid turnover. I mean ev-er-y-thing that could prevent us from closing a game goes wrong, as if there’s a conspiracy. I declared from the beginning that this team would have a fighting chance against anyone, and atleast they did not let me down in that regard, we did this without Larkin.... who would probably draw a foul against Gobert, or make those closing shots etc. Respect to all our guys, except Cedi ofcourse. I’m tired of his dejavu’s. I will finish the prediction game and quit this forum, have fun everyone and goodluck to the teams still in the running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Butler View Post
              Great comeback by the Turks, who had actually already won the game. It's unbelievable that France will leave the court as the winner. I dont want to be rude. And it's not an offend but as always Turkey lacks the winner mentality.

The game and the result also put the alleged strength of Group B into perspective. It is unlikely that France has a great chance of winning a game against probably Serbia with this performance.
              This! and this will never change unless ve develop a superstar and a reliable play maker.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                Sengun is a stud at 20, Yurtseven will be very good and Korkmaz is still only in his mid 20’s. I would only worry about Cedi bouncing back mentally.
                You need to take into account its very likely they will miss both the next wc and the olympics though.
                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                  You need to take into account its very likely they will miss both the next wc and the olympics though.
                  WC is gone but we will most likely be invited to the Qualifiers like Slovenia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                    WC is gone but we will most likely be invited to the Qualifiers like Slovenia.
                    You should, but to sneak in to Olympics is extremely difficult.
                    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                    Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Butler View Post
                      The game and the result also put the alleged strength of Group B into perspective..
                      Not really. Spain has to beat Lithuania for that to be true otherwise it still would be a 4-0 sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        You should, but to sneak in to Olympics is extremely difficult.
                        Its in two years. Nobody knows how things turn out.

Comment

• For a NBA player to miss two free throws, where only one would have have sealed the game, takes some comprehending.

In some respects what was worse was Turkey not getting a shot off on the last possession. It’s easy for me to say on a forum but it looked as if they didn’t have a clear plan of what to do on that last play. If true, that’s just unforgivable.

On the other hand Turkey did well just to fight back from being behind and can hold their heads up high for putting in a respectable performance and taking France into overtime, but it could have been so much more if not for individual and collective errors which a high school team wouldn’t have made.

It’s usually customary to wish the winning team good luck for the rest of the tournament, but in all honesty I don’t believe this is necessary on this occasion as France are already the luckiest team in the World right now (absolutely nothing against France but you know what I mean).

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                            I wouldn’t concede the Olympics yet. Too many variables. Turkey might host a qualifying tournament. And history has also taught us that weird things happen in the Olympic qualifying tournaments as well.

Comment

• I am very hopeful about Hazer. This guy has balls and is working. From a off ball player he added so much to his game in the last 2 years its amazing. I am just sad that we didnt give him PG education.

Comment

• Didn't watch the game but when I saw it is 86:87 for France I directly came here to see the comments... Even reading them made my stomach hurt so maybe it is better that I didn't watch it.

The Turkish basketball National team is cursed. We are the pre- 2020 Anadolu Efes of European basketball.
                                Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                                Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information