Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 503

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 - Round of 16

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    707
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Nemanja, my friend, you need to drop it Serbia has the one of the top 3 players in this tournament and the best supporting cast. In single elimination games anything can happen obviously but the aforementioned fact doesn’t change.

    As the Greek has multiple times in the past completely bombed while being the better team “on paper”, I understand how you feel and how you need to downplay the capabilities of the Serbian team but, I’m sorry to break it to you, you guys are the top dog at the moment.

    Your argument fell apart very quickly when you compared Papapetrou (very inconsistent, average at best) and Papanikolaou (way past his prime) to Kalinic and Lucic (maybe the best, one of the best SF in EL)
    Pappapetrou also is one of best sf in Europe, he had bad luck to lose 4 or 5 years in worst Panathinaikos since who knows when. We haven't debth in roster, it can win tournament without debt, but obviously Greece hasn't such problem. I m afraid Jokic and Micic couldn't play what they play in Denver and Efes, only this fact that changes a lot of things. Then it going to be many lacks visible in team of other players and the structure of team and some inter-personal relations.

    Honestly, I m not sure we'll win Italy, if we win probably it will not be easy win and we'll going into problems for quarter-finals against France, especially with small rotation.If we don't fail and going to semi-final then we 'll flooded by injuries and physical problems of players, in regard to Greece, who has 4 consecutive games, including eighth finals are not so demanding, and you can play leisurely. Wouldn't be surprise if any of three probably best teams on tournament, Slovenia, Greece, Serbia wins, but I would give a little advantage to Greece then Slovenia, and Slovenia then Serbia.

  2. #62
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary & Scotland
    Posts
    8,108
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    We are the top dog with Bogdan, and I'm willing to say that it wouldn't be close if we had him. Without him, it's a dog fight with rest of the best teams.
    Whichever I watch last among Serbia, Slovenia and Greece, I conclude they're the best. then another game, and the cycle goes on.
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 09-08-2022 at 04:04 PM.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,657
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Pappapetrou also is one of best sf in Europe, he had bad luck to lose 4 or 5 years in worst Panathinaikos since who knows when. We haven't debth in roster, it can win tournament without debt, but obviously Greece hasn't such problem. I m afraid Jokic and Micic couldn't play what they play in Denver and Efes, only this fact that changes a lot of things. Then it going to be many lacks visible in team of other players and the structure of team and some inter-personal relations.

    Honestly, I m not sure we'll win Italy, if we win probably it will not be easy win and we'll going into problems for quarter-finals against France, especially with small rotation.If we don't fail and going to semi-final then we 'll flooded by injuries and physical problems of players, in regard to Greece, who has 4 consecutive games, including eighth finals are not so demanding, and you can play leisurely. Wouldn't be surprise if any of three probably best teams on tournament, Slovenia, Greece, Serbia wins, but I would give a little advantage to Greece then Slovenia, and Slovenia then Serbia.
    Well, we’ll see
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

  4. #64
    Senior Member Valexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    252
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    On paper Greece and Slovenia should be better then Serbia, I think one of them will be on the court. I don't know why is Serbia first contender for winning Eurobasket, without Bogdanovic, Teodosic, Bjelica, and with few players who have injury problems. What would be if we are in complete roster ? Probably should win every game with 10+ points.

    Our leading players are Jokic and Micic, no one of them in past didn't lead nt, Micic problems with different style of play then Efes, and injury problems. Jokic can play dominantly just on low post. Of otther players we have Guduric, Lucic, Kalinic. Jaramaz can be useful, Milutinov who until today didn't play on Eurobasket. Davidovac and Marinkovic in some game can do something, Ristic, Jagodic Kuridza probably can't do antything . Nedovic probably will not play until the end. And that's it, whole team, who is 1st contender on paper-

    On other hand, Greece has Giannis, beside him, there are two pg with so much experience, first one is one of the best pg in Europe, second one was on of best pg in Europe. There is Dorsey who is type of player who Serbia hasn't- There are Pappapetrou and Pappanikolaou who are something like Lucic and Kalinic. Two brothers of Giannis, one of them is relatively good, second one is decent role player, as Agravanis. Pappagiannis and Larentzakis are also potentially useful in some situations, unlike Ristic and Jagodic Kuridza.

    In Slovenia, Doncic played historical game against France, without Tobey, and any other player who played good this game, he won France almost alone. Jokic can't win alone no one good team. Dragic who is old, but can in key moments score 5 points and turn game on Slovenia' s side. Cancar is correct pf, does his job, on rebound and with cuts and 3p in offense., he made key shoot against France. Prepelic has character to solve the game, Tobey is very useful he matches to this team, if he misses Eurobasket or continues on level under of his own, it will be very problematic for Slvoenia. Blazic and Muric aren't weaker then Davidovac and Marinkovic.

    There is miss on center position in regard to us, but we have lack on guard positions, if Guduric wouldn't be on his scorring optimum level, we will have only Micic like scorrer and he is also only creator.
    well jinxing! old good IBN recipy but..
    you are the favorite. no debate.
    Is it a failure if you won't go all the way? in this tournament.. no.
    Still the favorite, as you are in the prediction game

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,176
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    He disappeared only in first game which is understandable. Against France he provided 14/5. My point is, NT functioning well with him.
    What was his job on the roster? He was supposed to be the main creator for his team. Could he do it (generally spoken)? No, he couldnt do his job and then this job was given to Grigonis.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    707
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valexander View Post
    well jinxing! old good IBN recipy but..
    you are the favorite. no debate.
    Is it a failure if you won't go all the way? in this tournament.. no.
    Still the favorite, as you are in the prediction game
    How can I be favourite after playing 4 or 5 years every competition and won zero medal ? In this moment both of us have more points then others, but is not so big difference. There are at least 5 participants whose current position is not so good to win, I even wouldn't speak about those who have 10 or 15 points less and much more successes than me in past competitions. Isn't exluded I will win but it will be more surprise then expected.

  7. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    4
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Serbia is the strongest team in competition ,no doubt. With bogdan Serbia would be invincible,now there are possibilities for the opponents.

  8. #68

    Default

    Does GRE beat CZE w/o Giannis? Maybe not. It will be interesting to see what happens.

  9. #69
    Senior Member R1ou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,345
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    Does GRE beat CZE w/o Giannis? Maybe not. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    Reports say he's actually OK although I'm afraid with Itoudis on the bench we might suffer from Cska syndrome and lose to the Czechs for a 3rd time in a row with him or not.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    69
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Reports say he's actually OK although I'm afraid with Itoudis on the bench we might suffer from Cska syndrome and lose to the Czechs for a 3rd time in a row with him or not.
    The Hellenic Basketball Federation has announced that it is a low-grade right ankle sprain. If this is true I would be pretty pessimistic for the rest of the tournament. It usually takes at least a week for the ankle to regenerate. Usually even longer.

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Country: United States

    Default

    Funny how things work out. A year later Greece and Serbia will face off with the teams that prevented them from earning an Olympic birth.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  12. #72
    Senior Member R1ou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,345
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Ridiculous for the winner of the GER-MNE to have about one and a half day of rest more, in comparison with the GRE-CZE tie they gonna face in the next round.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    299
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Ridiculous for the winner of the GER-MNE to have about one and a half day of rest more, in comparison with the GRE-CZE tie they gonna face in the next round.
    26,5 hours is a day and a half now? Anyway, hosts got to do what hosts got to do. I feel we have some bonus after the group of death.

    Also, our Dorsey-stopper, Nick Weiler-Babb, might be out for the tournament with a shoulder injury he got from a screen hitting him in the Slovenia game...

  14. #74
    Senior Member Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187
    Country: Bosnia Herzegovina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Nemanja, my friend, you need to drop it Serbia has the one of the top 3 players in this tournament and the best supporting cast. In single elimination games anything can happen obviously but the aforementioned fact doesn’t change.

    As the Greek has multiple times in the past completely bombed while being the better team “on paper”, I understand how you feel and how you need to downplay the capabilities of the Serbian team but, I’m sorry to break it to you, you guys are the top dog at the moment.

    Your argument fell apart very quickly when you compared Papapetrou (very inconsistent, average at best) and Papanikolaou (way past his prime) to Kalinic and Lucic (maybe the best, one of the best SF in EL)
    Jokic supporting cast has a similar vibe to Denver since Murray got injured. Mostly forwards working off him. No PF like Gordon or Green in support but Micic is like a bonus now that he's used to Murray not being around. Jokic did so well last season with Murray out. Stepped up more from mvp season & dominated everything & every stat. Maybe it helped him go back to back since even more went through him. But still a step up to get Denver into playoffs.
    Last edited by Tesla; 09-09-2022 at 03:13 AM.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    3,314
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Ridiculous for the winner of the GER-MNE to have about one and a half day of rest more, in comparison with the GRE-CZE tie they gonna face in the next round.
    Lithuania played late game againts very physical France team and next day 15:00 we were schedule to play Germany .

    After that game Germany switch to play last one in last round to knew all the results incase they needed to do some calculation its called home court advantage

  16. #76
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,995
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    I think Germans sent political message to Turkey as well, giving them very early time of 8finals.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    43
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Larkin is out.

  18. #78
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary & Scotland
    Posts
    8,108
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I think Germans sent political message to Turkey as well, giving them very early time of 8finals.
    Who is setting up the game times, Germany or FIBA?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    299
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Who is setting up the game times, Germany or FIBA?
    FIBA set a schedule ahead of the tournament, but it is the host's right to change it apparently.

  20. #80

    Default

    any update on Giannis' injury status?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •