Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 - Group stage - Gameday 5

Idk why but Israels national anthem sounds so sad and North Macedonias sounds like a death march.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    i just want u to point out that 2 games where Greece were down on score this summer/autumn Giannis went for 40pts in both games.

If Valanciunas destroyed Germany entire frontcourt, Giannis gonna do same.
    We are favorites, yes, but in knockout games other factors come into play too. I just said that Greece (in general, in the past 10 years) and *this* team specifically hasn’t shown any resilience in do or die games (yet). I hope this changes this year mainly because our superstar seems completely determined and unfazed.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Greece has the easiest path to the final, if Serbia wins tonight. They won't meet nobody from Serbia, Slovenia and France.
    previously known as Beno

So we will be probably playing the Czechs, I did want this matchup considering they were responsible for our last 2 eliminations, hopefully the team will be extra motivated for this game.

Yet again they might knock us out for the 3rd time in a row and I can jump from my balcony.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Greece has the easiest path to the final, if Serbia wins tonight. They won't meet nobody from Serbia, Slovenia and France.
    They will meet the one who beated france, for a reason.i would prefer this france i saw so far, in neutral ground, than Germany in Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    So we will be probably playing the Czechs, I did want this matchup considering they were responsible for our last 2 eliminations, hopefully the team will be extra motivated for this game.

Yet again they might knock us out for the 3rd time in a row and I can jump from my balcony.
    If they are going to play like today it will be a close game.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    If they are going to play like today it will be a close game.
    Indeed, in fact if I was just reading posts of this forum I’d thought we’d have 5 lucky victories and would be outsiders in most of our games.

On the contrary I can watch the games as well.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Indeed, in fact if I was just reading posts of this forum I’d thought we’d have 5 lucky victories.
    We are lucky that we are not in group B.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    From all major basketball teams, I remember that Spain with Gasol tanked couple of times in recent past to make it easier for them in the knockout stage. In 2013 they tanked a game in theur group to get to us in 1/4 and it turned out to be good for them, as they beat our modest team at that time and won it all in the end. Oh, no, France won it, so this carma think might be very true
    That's bullshit. Check your facts: Pau Gasol wasn't playing in 2013 (his brother was, though). And that alleged "tanking" against Italy never existed outside the imagination of the haters. Had Spain won the game against Italy, their path to the final would have been actually easier: Lithuania (which lost against Serbia in the first round), and then Croatia. I suppose that losing a close game against Greece (which ended dead last in the group) in the very first day of the second round was just, how do I call that? Rehearsal?

Dumb spaniards, if they didn't tank those two games they would have ended first in the group and earned the easiest bracket (Ukraine and Lithuania). But it never ceases to amaze me how some people prefer to attribute extraordinary capabilities to Spain, instead of accepting that particular year we had a very inconsistent team led by a clown coach who couldn't make in-game adjustments if his life depended on it. And as such, we lost nearly every contested game. And the same would happen the next year.

Yeah, give all the bad karma you can find, but a good coach, and I'll gladly take the deal.

What I do remember is a mock game between France and Greece to avoid facing Spain in QF. That was a shame, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    What I do remember is a mock game between France and Greece to avoid facing Spain in QF. That was a shame, you know.
    That was an embarrassment and it’s actually super annoying that it’s kinda buried by everyone in the history of our NT. Probably because a bunch of teams were doing but that’s no excuse in my book. Does anyone remember exactly which game that was?
    I can understand being chill and not trying too hard, but actively trying to lose to the point that you regret making the game winning shot is super cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It's even worse. They're in the tax and having no assets. Meaning no FA agents next year and nobody to trade.

He will be there next 3 years minimum, then who knows.
    Maybe back to Europe?

This last quarter of the Greek B team is so so bad. Seems more like a slapstick performance to me than professional basketball.

5 minutes without a basket and a 14-0 against us by the basketball titan that is Estonia. I’ve said it multiple times: without Giannis we are barely a top 8 team. BARELY.

Is Giannis limping?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Butler View Post
    This last quarter of the Greek B team is so so bad. Seems more like a slapstick performance to me than professional basketball.
    That was refusal to work. Spain would never have played like that.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    5 minutes without a basket and a 14-0 against us by the basketball titan that is Estonia. I’ve said it multiple times: without Giannis we are barely a top 8 team. BARELY.
    They did not even tried to play basketball. THis was not related to Giannis not beeing on the court.

Is Giannis limping?
    It seems like there is an issue.

I did not like Kostas Antetokoumpos attitude in todays game. He refused to give his teammates a block to play Pick&Roll in the 4th quarter. When Thanassis was on the court he changed his mind and gave Thanassis a P&R. Thanassis? SInce when is THanassis a PG? Then all these bloody pushing on the field which lead to offensive fouls. Very undisciplined and selfish.

The whole team was undisciplined in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    It seems like there is an issue.
    He was obviously in pain. Hope it's nothing serious and the Bucks don't overreact and ban him from playing in the tournament.

https://www.sport24.gr/basket/ethnik...s.9751116.html

He was obviously in pain. Hope it's nothing serious and the Bucks don't overreact and ban him from playing in the tournament.

https://www.sport24.gr/basket/ethnik...s.9751116.html
    Imagine loosing Giannis for the first K.O. game.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast