Eurobasket 2022 - Group Phase - Gameday 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Man, offensive foul is offensive foul. There's no FT for offensive foul. If he hit the shot, it should count then. Are you ok with that?
    After ball release it's a live-ball. As stated in the tweet. It's like fouling on the offensive rebound, hence two free throws.

Comment

I didn't see that incident, because I didn't watch the whole match, but normally you don't stop the game, because of technical foul. Continuation is connected with normal foul.
      Yeah, you are right it was nonsense to bring the continuation rule up to discussion. Sorry, for that. Valanciunas was doing his moves in the post and his opponent was receiving a technical foul for flopping trying to defend him. After that Valanciunas made the basket. Should it count?

Comment

• Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
        Yeah, you are right it was nonsense to bring the continuation rule up to discussion. Sorry, for that. Valanciunas was doing his moves in the post and his opponent was receiving a technical foul for flopping trying to defend him. After that Valanciunas made the basket. Should it count?
        Of course.
        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Ridirkulous View Post
          After ball release it's a live-ball. As stated in the tweet. It's like fouling on the offensive rebound, hence two free throws.
          So you would be ok, if Grigonis's points would count, if he hit the basket?
          previously known as Beno

Comment

To my understanding, it is not as the tweet/you say

EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Of course.
              I seriously doubt that. I mean, the ball was in his hands when the technical foul was called. From what I know a technical foul stops the game immediately as the continuation rule doesn´t apply as we worked out. I am convinced it´s pretty much comparable to an off-ball foul next to another player shooting the ball and the question wether the player who shoots the ball had the ball still in his hands when the foul was called. Both foul calls stop the game, therefore all actions afterwards shouldn´t change the scoreboard.
              Last edited by thiago94; 09-05-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

So you would be ok, if Grigonis's points would count, if he hit the basket?
                This happens all the time with counting three pointers even though somebody from the attacking team fouls away from the ball underneath the basket yes.

Does this get called correctly all the time? Of course not. Is it in the rule book? Yes.

Regarding Schröder touching the ball, you are just being ridiculous now.

Even if Slovenia stomps Germany tomorrow, the euphoria will still be up there, don't worry. Probably ending 4-1 in the group of death after surviving France's and Lithuanias front-courts missing Mo. Wagner, Kleber, Hartenstein, Oscar Da Silva, Pleiss, Bonga, and Zipser. Nothing to complain here.

Comment

I seriously doubt that. I mean, the ball was in his hands when the technical foul was called. From what I know a technical foul stops the game immediately as the continuation rule doesn´t apply as we worked out. I am convinced it´s pretty much comparable to an off-ball foul next to another player shooting the ball and the question wether the player who shoots the ball had the ball still in his hands when the foul was called. Both foul calls stop the game, therefore all actions afterwards doesn´t change the scoreboard.
                  Flopping is for sure no reason for game to be stopped, because you don't want to reward flopper. In this case, like I said, I didn't see situation, the problem might be that referee made a mistake calling technical too soon. But normally basket counts and flopper gets technical.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

This happens all the time with counting three pointers even though somebody from the attacking team fouls away from the ball underneath the basket yes.

Does this get called correctly all the time? Of course not. Is it in the rule book? Yes.

Regarding Schröder touching the ball, you are just being ridiculous now.

Even if Slovenia stomps Germany tomorrow, the euphoria will still be up there, don't worry. Probably ending 4-1 in the group of death after surviving France's and Lithuanias front-courts missing Mo. Wagner, Kleber, Hartenstein, Oscar Da Silva, Pleiss, Bonga, and Zipser. Nothing to complain here.
                    How many times did you see that referees allowed the basket after offensive foul was called on the player that collided with player, while shooting?

I didn't see start of the Schroder action's, so I can't seriously say anything. Seeing Bosnian bench demanding violation, something might happened before.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

Flopping is for sure no reason for game to be stopped, because you don't want to reward flopper. In this case, like I said, I didn't see situation, the problem might be that referee made a mistake calling technical too soon. But normally basket counts and flopper gets technical.
                      The technical foul stopped the game, not the flopping of course. The basket was scored after the technical foul was called, therefore it was illegal to let it count based on my understanding of the rulebook. The reason for the technical foul and even who committed the technical foul doesn´t matter at all to judge this. You can´t just wait and give the technical foul afterwards. That´s not how it works as an advantage rule doesn´t appear in basketball. I assume the main problem is that is doesn´t fit with the narrative ´Germany gets supported by the referees in their home country´.

Comment

The technical foul stopped the game, not the flopping of course. The basket was scored after the technical foul was called, therefore it was illegal to let it count based on my understanding of the rulebook. The reason for the technical foul and even who committed the technical foul doesn´t matter at all to judge this. You can´t just wait and give the technical foul afterwards. That´s not how it works as an advantage rule doesn´t appear in basketball. I assume the main problem is that is doesn´t fit with the narrative ´Germany gets supported by the referees in their home country´.
                        I will give you an example. It's 1 second before the end, you're winning by 2 points, opponents C is about to make a basket and you flops. By your interpretation, it's technical and ball from the side with almost 0 time remaining. Is this looks ok with you?

Believe me it's basket and technical, if someone flops before the scorer.
                        Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-05-2022, 11:31 AM.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

How many times did you see that referees allowed the basket after offensive foul was called on the player that collided with player, while shooting?

I didn't see start of the Schroder action's, so I can't seriously say anything. Seeing Bosnian bench demanding violation, something might happened before.
                          I also didn't see the start of the action, but I guess Bosnian bench reacted just because of the 24" clock.
                          EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

I will give you an example. It's 1 second before the end, you're winning by 2 points, opponents C is about to make a basket and you flops. By your interpretation, it's technical and ball from the side with almost 0 time remaining. Is this looks ok with you?

Believe me it's basket and technical, if someone flops before the scorer.
                            If you ask me it´s a technical foul. I´ll give you a more common example. One team is running a 3-1 fast break when it gets suddenly stopped as the referees gave a technical foul to the opponents coach. The one only goal he had is to stop the fastbreak and of course the referees are very well aware of that. It happens all the time. Advantage doesn´t exist in basketball and I think it´s a myth technical fouls are treated differently. I am pretty sure, at least until someone comes up with an adequate FIBA rule proving me wrong that technical foul calls stop the game immediately no matter what.

We can skip further discussion if you want as I don´t think it will lead to any result. We can just leave it by having different beliefs about the handling of technical fouls in flopping situations, something what´s completely fine with me. Let´s better talk about the main protagonists of the best sport in the world and the upcoming game between our two nations.

Comment

• Originally posted by radallo View Post
                              I also didn't see the start of the action, but I guess Bosnian bench reacted just because of the 24" clock.
                              The writing desk took the blame for that.

Comment

If you ask me it´s a technical foul. I´ll give you a more common example. One team is running a 3-1 fast break when it gets suddenly stopped as the referees gave a technical foul to the opponents coach. The one only goal he had is to stop the fastbreak and of course the referees are very well aware of that. It happens all the time. Advantage doesn´t exist in basketball and I think it´s a myth technical fouls are treated differently. I am pretty sure, at least until someone comes up with an adequate FIBA rule proving me wrong that technical foul calls stop the game immediately no matter what.

We can skip further discussion if you want as I don´t think it will lead to any result. We can just leave it by having different believes about the handling of technical fouls in flopping situations, something what´s completely fine with me. Let´s better talk about the main protagonists of the best sport in the world and the upcoming game between our two nations.
                                I have seen numerous flops and if the basket was scored in the action, they always allowed it and gave the technical. I believe main misunderstanding is, when you call a flop. Imho after attacking action is finished, if it comes to shot. If that's not the case, they should stop calling it, because it's a benefit for flopper.

I agree that we stop with debate.
                                Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-05-2022, 12:07 PM.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information