No announcement yet.

Eurobasket 2022 - Group Phase - Gameday 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany is good, but both Schroder and Lo are not the best decision makers, they seem to go with a lot of hero shots throughout the game. Those type of plays usually don't get you wins in most important games.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
      Never thought I'd say this blasphemous idea, but lithuanian NT doesn't deserve JV - our brain dead guards decided that they are gonna win this game by building a brick wall around german basket, while all they had to do was give the ball to JV and the victory would be guaranteed. I sincerely hope next year he's gonna take a break and let these dumb bustards chuck their way to 0 - 5 in World Cup too. You live and die with your best player, not the wannabe Kobe in Grigonis
      You may well be correct today. But that's not the point. You've never put Team Lietuva first. You've instead been nothing but a groupie for one specific player for more than a dozen years. Well you have to be a full grown man now and for a full grown man that's simply pathetic. I just don't understand your thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
        Germany beating Lithuania - most exciting match in tis tournament so far, and both teams on the same level. I hope the absence of four of our best bigs in this tournament will not hurt us too much in the coming games, but so far a great team effort by Germany and a well deserved 3-0 record.
        Four?Wagner?Then?

Comment

Our players fought hard in 3rd game at some point sport gods can be on our side too in game ending.

Next drama will be Lithuania vs Bosnia game for last playoofs spot in group B

Sabonis cant shoot and smaller fiba courts is huge problem for him compared to nba regular season where he can play 1 vs 1 with way more space.

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
            I wonder what lithuanian friends think about Sabonis? He is always somehow mediocre for NT, a bit overrated player IMO.

But in a hypothetical duel with Serbia he could dominate because we don't have real PF.
            I think kalinic or Luci could be a great job against him or Milutinov and jokic together?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
              Our players fought hard in 3rd game at some point sport gods can be on our side too in game ending.

Next drama will be Lithuania vs Bosnia game for last playoofs spot in group B

Sabonis cant shoot and smaller courts is huge problem for him compared to nba regular season where he can play 1 vs 1 with way more space.
              Bosnia is a good team?i never watched them in this tournament,they have Nurkic and Musa ok,but i don't know very well other players

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                Bosnia is a good team?i never watched them in this tournament,they have Nurkic and Musa ok,but i don't know very well other players
                Many ups and downs in games and they beat France in the qualifiers. They dont have anything to lose. LTU is favoured but the pressure will be on LTUs side.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                  You may well be correct today. But that's not the point. You've never put Team Lietuva first. You've instead been nothing but a groupie for one specific player for more than a dozen years. Well you have to be a full grown man now and for a full grown man that's simply pathetic. I just don't understand your thinking.

I'm not a groupie at all when it comes to his play in NT - it's just our outdated and stubborn basketball school concept which consists of winning and losing as a team, even if those other pieces of the team are crappy to say the least, that really irks me ..anyone with a half if a brain knows that JV would have won a game for us today even if he was half-dead, germans simply had no answer for him. Today was coach Maksvytis' first big blunder and it might cost us a place in the last 16 because if it

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post

Sabonis cant shoot and smaller fiba courts is huge problem for him compared to nba regular season where he can play 1 vs 1 with way more space.
                    I agree with this but they should still get him some iso opportunities. But this also goes back to like you were saying about the Lithuanian guards. No floor general to take advantage of offensive strengths. You can’t expect JV to play like this all the time but it’s not asking a lot to emphasize him even more.
                    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
                      I wonder what lithuanian friends think about Sabonis? He is always somehow mediocre for NT, a bit overrated player IMO.
                      My understanding is that in the NBA defenders are prohibited from camping out in the paint for over three seconds. Without this prohibition in FIBA ball, Domantas Sabonis has to contend with big strong defenders in the paint and he lacks the brawn to do it successfully. He's more of a finesse player than a bruiser and is thus better suited to the wide open NBA game where defence is an after thought.

Nonetheless, playing competitively doesn't count for Team Lietuva or anybody. 0-3 is still 0-3 and the team has dug a deep hole for themselves.

Yeah, yeah, the group is tough but so what? To win a medal a team must beat the good teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                        Lithuania must play two do or die games to get the fourth spot and JV is half dead right now.
                        Oh come on. Are you actually buying into the silly thinking that young men, in fact professional athletes in peak physical condition, need days of rest after running around willy-nilly for an hour?

No. They actually should be fine to play again later the same day let alone after a couple of days. Tired from playing 2OTs the previous game is no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                          Four?Wagner?Then?
                          Mo Wagner (Orlando), Hartenstein (Knicks), certainly Kleber (Mavericks) and Pleiss (Istanbul), not to mention Bonga for the backcourt.
                          Last edited by bsgermany; 09-04-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            Oh come on. Are you actually buying into the silly thinking that young men, in fact professional athletes in peak physical condition, need days of rest after running around willy-nilly for an hour?

No. They actually should be fine to play again later the same day let alone after a couple of days. Tired from playing 2OTs the previous game is no excuse.
                            2 OT plus 3 games in four days.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                              I'm not a groupie at all when it comes to his play in NT - it's just our outdated and stubborn basketball school concept which consists of winning and losing as a team, even if those other pieces of the team are crappy to say the least, that really irks me ..anyone with a half if a brain knows that JV would have won a game for us today even if he was half-dead, germans simply had no answer for him. Today was coach Maksvytis' first big blunder and it might cost us a place in the last 16 because if it
                              And when Straightforward kept insisting that Team Lietuva is too Valančiūnas dependent and even suggested that the team would be improved without him because the team would be forced to play faster paced more attractive modern basketball, I sneered but you said not a word. Silence as the say speaks volumes. You're free to come around to contradict others more often you know.

As I've said time and time again, I don't give a damn how a player looks. I care only about the results. A W is a W is a W. And so far this team isn't delivering. The main problems as I see it are that the PGs are inadequate (check their assists total) and the team leads the tournament stats sheet only in the turnovers category.

What can be done? I don't know. I'm not paid the big bucks to be the Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                                2 OT plus 3 games in four days.
                                Big &^*#$*. They should be good to go tomorrow. It's travelling about from city to city that's tiring and there's no travel involved here. Like I say, I expect superbly conditioned athletes to be precisely that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information