Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket 2022 - Group Phase - Gameday 3

The thread for today's games.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Game of the day is definitely between Germany and Lithuania. I regard Germany as favourites, but expecting a close game, a lot of physical matchups, perhaps low scoring game, but at the end I think that individual quality of Schroder, Wagner and mobile bigs will prevail in favour of the home team.

Also looking forward to Slo-BIH, with Doncic vs Musa and I believe our bigs will have their hands full of Jurkic. This guy is 2nd best center in the tournament behind Jokic.

Comment

Empty arena in Tbilisi again, direct opponents of Georgia for 4th spot and again no interest.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
        Empty arena in Tbilisi again, direct opponents of Georgia for 4th spot and again no interest.
        This is dissapointing indeed. I would say there are many reasons why there is no spectators:

- general lack of interest in Georgia, because the home national team is bad and they lost Shengelia right before the tournament
        - not the most attractive rosters in other squads, with Hernangomez (even more Bo Cruz) brothers and Cedi Osman being the biggest names. I wonder if Giannis, Jokic or Luka would make a difference?
        - general lack of interest in the tournament by fans of other teams due to low ceiling of their teams with Turkey being an exception, but just look at Spain fans lack of interest, also here on interbasket in comparision with tournaments in the past
        - geographical distance of Tbilisi
        - second thoughts about travelling to a region with ongoing war in nearby region

Comment

Montengro played bad defense in 1st half and Bulgaria again overachieved in offense, like yesterday against us.

Comment

How can you count that basket? Seriously.

Comment

Guys, do you have a link for Lithuania - Germany game?

Comment

Too many turnovers for Lithuania...entire team seems careless with ball. And also, Valanciunas' efficiency on these post ups is quite low, while Sabonis isn't even getting the ball there, completely shut down offensively. I think it's time for Liths to look for different identity on offense, splitting minutes between Sabonis and Valanciunas would be good for start.

Comment

Originally posted by Camoka View Post
                  Guys, do you have a link for Lithuania - Germany game?
                  Looking for this too as in Laos and all LT sites blocked....

Comment

Lietuva as expected cant defend anything in the perimeter.

Comment

Wagner unbelievable

I think this Germany NT could achieve a great result in this EuroBasket

They have the best point guarda of the entire competition,after Luka,a solid frontcourt and good shooters

Comment

Can not believe that Sabonis is a 20p/12r/6a all star in NBA. He simply looks lost on a smaller FIBA court. Wagner on the other hand simply joy to watch, especially his drives.

Comment

Wagner is impressive. He uses just a few moves while driving, like that eurostep in all angles, but his size, agility and body coordination, as well as touch around the rim is really great. And on top of that, seems to be a reliable shooter too. He is a full package.

Comment

Lithuanians need to fill the spaces and help one another. There are oceans between the front court and back court

Comment

Kalnietis is back. He is reborn in the body of Jokubaitis.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information