Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Eurobasket Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Hey Chris I am actually still in the running for second place.
    Don't you dare!
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Final Results
    GER-POL 13
    ESP-FRA 12

A ticker-tape parade for thiago94, the winner of the finals individual standings and GER, the winner of the finals country standings. And please help me in congratulating the medalists in this years's Eurobasket prediction game: the gold medal goes to Valexander, the silver to slice me nice and the bronze to Nemanja95. Well done to GER, the gold medalist in the country standings, GRE who got the silver, and TUR who got the bronze. Also a big cheer for the all-tournament team of janketa, slice me nice, paspalj, yours truly (perfect score), Valexander (within 3), and thiago94 and slice me nice (# correct).

Thanks for playing everyone!

Final Individual Standings
    thiago94 11
    Nemanja95 9
    remigijus 7
    Levenspiel 6
    re5pectas 6
    slice me nice 6
    Worrax 6
    Valexander 4
    janketa 4
    radallo 4
    christodoulou76 3
    usagre 3
    Dacho88Nk 2
    tiro1 2
    Furkan Korkmaz 2
    Dtown 1
    zubitos 1
    ncjazz 1
    paspalj 1
    bill78 1

Final Country Standings
    GER 11
    LTU 6.5
    TUR 6
    SRB 5.5
    ITA 4
    GRE 3
    USA 1.7

Overall Individual Standings
    GOLD Valexander 199
    SILVER slice me nice 195
    BRONZE Nemanja95 191
    thiago94 186
    paspalj 183
    usagre 182
    janketa 171
    christodoulou76 169
    tiro1 167
    Furkan Korkmaz 167
    momcilo 165
    Dacho88Nk 163
    Kesokis 162
    re5pectas 161
    zubitos 156
    bill78 155
    Worrax 155
    Rodrigue Beaubois 153
    Levenspiel 151
    Toruko 141
    R1ou 140
    ncjazz 140
    radallo 137
    Magic Stavros 133
    remigijus 130
    rforfo 124
    cartmaniac 114
    Dtown 113
    Obina 83
    G&B 77
    Dirtyh 33
    Camoka 22

Overall Country Standings
    GOLD GER 186
    SILVER GRE 183.7
    BRONZE TUR 177.7
    SRB 177
    SLO 162
    USA 145
    ITA 137
    LTU 122.7
    MNE 118
    FIN 33

All-Tournament Standings
    Perfect Score: janketa, christodoulou76, paspalj, slice me nice (5)
    Within 3: Valexander (28)
    # Correct: thiago94, slice me nice (58)

Final Statistics
    Prediction points per game:
    GER-POL 85
    ESP-FRA -5

Most disagreement:
    ESP-FRA 35%
    GER-POL 100%

Congrats to everyone that stuck it out and especially to Valexander, slice me nice, and Nemanja95!

I was sooooo cloooooose but I messed up towards the end. I shouldn't have trusted France, they were terrible. I'll be back for the Euroleague prediction game.

Thanks so much christodoulou76, you are much appreciated <3
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Christodoulou76 thanks a bunch mate. Its been fun once more. See you in the next one.

My homerism kept me out of the race .

Congrats to the winners.

And of course a big thank you, Christodoulou76.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Thank you Christodoulou76, great job

Congratulations to the winners

Thanks to christodolou76 for organization, for commitment and patience on this long and intense tournament. Congratulations Valexander for winning, and slice me nice for silver medal. I would praise all who aren't good placed who stayed until the end.

Specific competition, in which traditionally best participants failed, like radallo, ncjazz, Worrax. It caused 8 or 9 participants on similar level are close to each other most part of competition. There are thiago94,Valexander, janketa, Furkan Korkmaz, christodolou76,paspalj,usagre,slice me nice and me. This competition was about openning space and using opened space.

On the beggining I started better then others, what meant I probably will not be first on the end in such kind of competition and such equalized competition. When you are 1st placed every mistake for ecample situation even when it's logical to make wrong someone will take more risks and used it. I have missed some close games in elimination phase, what is logically used, that did Valenxander In the finish, slice me nice made big upturn and almost wins, he didn't because Valexander was best within3 play, for whom this competition is cinderella story.

I suppose, slice me nice is more then satisfied but but he isn't happy because had chance for 1st place, its s similar with me, except I m not so satisfied. Other particpants probably think they could make and deserve better placement, some of them probably are right.

I would praise especially thiago94. When I see his results, it looks like he is for 1st or 2nd place. On the end, Valexander is positioned like someone who is first among equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Thanks to christodolou76 for organization, for commitment and patience on this long and intense tournament. Congratulations Valexander for winning, and slice me nice for silver medal. I would praise all who aren't good placed who stayed until the end.

Specific competition, in which traditionally best participants failed, like radallo, ncjazz, Worrax. It caused 8 or 9 participants on similar level are close to each other most part of competition. There are thiago94,Valexander, janketa, Furkan Korkmaz, christodolou76,paspalj,usagre,slice me nice and me. This competition was about openning space and using opened space.

On the beggining I started better then others, what meant I probably will not be first on the end in such kind of competition and such equalized competition. When you are 1st placed every mistake for ecample situation even when it's logical to make wrong someone will take more risks and used it. I have missed some close games in elimination phase, what is logically used, that did Valenxander In the finish, slice me nice made big upturn and almost wins, he didn't because Valexander was best within3 play, for whom this competition is cinderella story.

I suppose, slice me nice is more then satisfied but but he isn't happy because had chance for 1st place, its s similar with me, except I m not so satisfied. Other particpants probably think they could make and deserve better placement, some of them probably are right.

I would praise especially thiago94. When I see his results, it looks like he is for 1st or 2nd place. On the end, Valexander is positioned like someone who is first among equals.
    I could finish maybe 2nd or 3rd with secure bet, but after 1/8 I decided to play against odds. As I remember you made a mistake with ger-gre in qf, that was crutial

Great summary, Nemanja. I am very glad that you and so many other players were passionate about the game. Next year, with 32 teams in the WC there will be more unfamiliar teams and more blowouts expected, which will make predictions more difficult. I hope we get lots of participants from around the world in next year's game and that you will all come back to play again.

Most frequent score differences during this tournament were 8 (8 times), 4 (6 times), 10 (6 times), 6 (5 times).

Full Stats:
    score difference --> frequency
    1 2
    2 2
    3 4
    4 6
    5 4
    6 5
    7 2
    8 8
    9 2
    10 6
    11 3
    12 2
    13 4
    14 1
    15 3
    16 2
    17 2
    18 1
    20 1
    21 4
    23 1
    24 1
    26 1
    27 2
    29 1
    30 2
    32 1
    34 1
    35 1
    41 1

If I remember good, you were between 2nd and 4th place, until eighth finals or quarter-finals.

Two or three wrong games turn the placement on other side. For me was destroyable quarter-finals, I missed ita-fra and ger-gre, surprisingly, most of others put oppositely what is very interesting. On the end, Poland won Slovenia, what meant two games less and just two games to do something what is too little.

But if we would be honest, if radallo, ncjazz and Worrax were on his level, probably we again 'll not be better placed. Thiago94 I think he has equal correct predictions like Valexander, but he was weaker within 3, so he scored 13 point less and 3 places behind. Also Kesokis was I think 3rd in some period, he finished 13th or something like that, when he took risk too much in the finish of competition. It shows how close are first 9 or 10 , details decided final result, that could be different.

Thank you so much for running the game @Christodoulou76! It was a pleasure as always. As my individual performances are absolutely not important for me, I don´t care too much about the fourth place in the individual standing and instead being extremely happy to be able to lift the trophy with my german crewmates. I could not have done it without them.

Stop it, I am blushing. Thanks mate, for your kind words. Its so nice and also kinda funny, that even the prediction games are analysed. I can´t go too deep into detail, but I remember you had a "really comfortable lead" (Quote: Chris) over a long stretch, that´s rare and impressive. In the endgame the players, who compete for the title have to start to predict a bit tactical and the actual basketball games are getting so close, therefore it´s really difficult to evaluate.

That said, congrats to Valexander, Slice me nice and you! Well deserved. Of course also congrats to all the other guys who come a little bit short this time. It was super fun to compete and I can´t wait to improve next time, next year.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    Great summary, Nemanja. I am very glad that you and so many other players were passionate about the game. Next year, with 32 teams in the WC there will be more unfamiliar teams and more blowouts expected, which will make predictions more difficult. I hope we get lots of participants from around the world in next year's game and that you will all come back to play again.
    Well organized and well played.

When I was 1st in period of group phase, Valenxander, I think was 2nd, logically he hurried to proclaim me like favourite of competition. I responded, I m still something like one night suprise like Germany who won vs France. I didn't really support Germany, but on the end, we are together 3rd.

i played this competition with more commitment, primarily becuase I was frustrated with my results until this competition. I played 5 years Euroleague, I run for radallo, ncjazz and Worrax, first one has often 100+ points more, second one and third one are close but always better. On WC 2019, for one game I missed 3rd place. On Olympics I was almost worst. Until now, with 6 or 7 competitions, I didn't win medal and just once I was close.

In this competition, few games in group phase caused failure of traditionally best placed, what facilitated to every other, but also few missed games overturned placement of some of participants who were good most of competition , but that is less aggreable then it's case with radallo and company.

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    Thank you so much for running the game @Christodoulou76! It was a pleasure as always. As my individual performances are absolutely not important for me, I don´t care too much about the fourth place in the individual standing and instead being extremely happy to be able to lift the trophy with my german crewmates. I could not have done it without them.

Stop it, I am blushing. Thanks mate, for your kind words. Its so nice and also kinda funny, that even the prediction games are analysed. I can´t go too deep into detail, but I remember you had a "really comfortable lead" (Quote: Chris) over a long stretch, that´s rare and impressive. In the endgame the players, who compete for the title have to start to predict a bit tactical and the actual basketball games are getting so close, therefore it´s really difficult to evaluate.

That said, congrats to Valexander, Slice me nice and you! Well deserved. Of course also congrats to all the other guys who come a little bit short this time. It was super fun to compete and I can´t wait to improve next time, next year.
    Really well done competition. Your choices make sense. Except 4th place is mostly satisfying, you were close for bigger, some details missed.

It's wrong, what wrote christodolou about comfortable lead. It looked like this but wasn't. Valexander is the best within3 play, with that he compensated his wrong choices on winner of games. In one my bad day in group phase he won 16 points more then me. When we were almost equalized, with my small lead, he actually had advantage, because it past my best period and he was better within3 what meant with less games he has more opportunity to win additionally points within3 than for me to be better then him in correct predictions.

There is also, I would say pace of competition, what makes harder to be 1st when you're 1st most of competition. On the end, Valexander almost lost point advantage and slice me nice a little bit missed to be 1st who has been far from1st place most of competitio . That's happened in Euroleague this season with radallo who had a big lead whole season, on the end Worray missed few points for 1st place.

Here is a recap of the top three finishers in each round:

GD1
    1. Nemanja95
    2. Obina
    3. Dirtyh

GD2
    1. zubitos
    2. Kesokis
    3. G&B

GD3
    1. usagre
    2. Worrax
    3. janketa

GD4
    1. re5pectas
    2. Valexander
    3. zubitos

GD5
    1. Dacho88Nk
    2. Valexander
    3. Nemanja95

Rd of 16
    1. Dacho88Nk
    2. bill78
    3. usagre

QFs
    1. slice me nice
    2. Valexander
    3. usagre

SFs
    1. tiro1
    2. slice me nice
    3. Dacho88Nk

Fs
    1. thiago94
    2. Nemanja95
    3. remigijus

congrats to Nemanja95 (3), Valexander(3), usagre (3), Dacho88Nk (3), zubitos (2), slice me nice (2) for having multiple top 3 finishes!

Congrats to winners and Chris for his great work. Hope to see you all in EL Prediction Game. Thank you.

Thanks a lot for running the game christodoulou76, great effort, much appreciated. You are one of the few people who keep this forum alive.

Congrats to Valexander for the title and Nemanja95 for third place. My emotional predictions on Turkey (choosing us over France and Spain) cost me at least 10 points, consequently the first place. Anyways I enjoyed the game, that should be the point
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

Congratulations to winners and Chris, great game!

i want to congatulate everyone who kept till the end, and made this game really fun!
    Special thanks to Christodoulou, and his effort to present all that statistical reports during the process! Amazing job!
    my disbelief to Spain almost cost me in the end, but, as others said, my within 3 results saved me. it sounds so good to have an accolade to my signature!
    it was really open till the end, with a very stable performance from Nemanja and an almost perfect finish from slice me nice!
    i had a good run back on 2019, but with a terrible finish during the late knock out stages. I am looking forward for next year's game! and i hope more people to compete..
    P.S. i just noticed, i didn't win any match day, lol.. that's a sign of how close it was..

thank you guys for having you as a company to live these events together all these 5 years. This forum became part of my memories and i felt like my living room was full of friends all those nights!
    Last edited by Valexander; 09-19-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Well organized and well played pred. game.

Congrats to the winners, Thanks to Christodoulou.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast