Allen Iverson said he should have been on the redeem team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Iverson said he should have been on the redeem team

“That was a very touchy situation for me because when everybody didn’t end up going, me and Tim Duncan went,” Iverson told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.

“We went to represent our country. That’s no shot at the guys that didn’t go. I totally understand why they didn’t. I totally understand and all of them remain my friends. I still have the utmost respect for all of those guys. But me and Tim went.”

Despite having one of his best NBA seasons during the 2007-08 campaign, scoring 26.4 points and dishing 7.1 assists per game in his second season with the Denver Nuggets, Iverson was not invited to join the next Olympic roster.

“As great as a season as I had, arguably one of the best seasons that I ever had, I wasn’t invited to go,. That’s something that I wouldn’t say hurt me to this day, but the acknowledgment is there,” said Allen Iverson.

“And the hurt will always exist because I felt that I truly should have been a part of the team. I should obviously be saying that I have a gold medal at 41 years old.”

I was in a really emotional scenario because Tim Duncan and I went when everyone else didn't.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
    X

Debug Information