Preparation Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greece-Turkey

Watch ERT World live streaming. ERT World is Greece TV channel. iCanlive.tv - Watch TV and listen radio

Comment

• Originally posted by Dacho88Nk View Post
      Defeat at the right moment. Just like 2022
      Not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        Well, Serbia has a lot of work to do on the defensive end. Perimeter defence is a catastrophe. The team lacks prep. Milutinov is still a two edged sword. Jokic doesnt look very enthusiastic. Something with this Serbian team is off and weird.
        You won't see any of teams from former Jugoslavia to play full D in preparation games. Mentality is just not right to do so. Serbia has played good D only on Luka, because he's a superstar. But overall they have a lot room for improvement. Slovenia decided to play Goran only 5 minutes for a reason too.
        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Sengun can't defend anything.

What Cedi is doin at all, I can't believe

After all Sanli is the best rim protector in this frontcourt(regardless he is bad too)

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
            Not.

Preparation games. They showed character at the end. Without Bjelica, Nedović, Gudurić + Teodosić and Bogdanović who will not play at the EB. There is still time for them to play. This is not good for now.

Comment

Well, Serbia has a lot of work to do on the defensive end. Perimeter defence is a catastrophe. The team lacks prep. Milutinov is still a two edged sword. Jokic doesnt look very enthusiastic. Something with this Serbian team is off and weird.
              Too many hot takes my friend. We are the last team which started to play preparation games and began to work on basketball stuff just a few days before the game against Slovenia. Legs are heavy and communication is still not there, that's understandable.

As for the game, we came out flat and played like that for 25-26 minutes, while Italy was very aggressive and hit their shots. Down by 15 they finally geared up, played more aggressively and quickly found the rhythm. Not a good game by any means, but it's nice for confidence to be able to come back from down 15 against a good shooting team. That's the only positive take from this game. Milutinov was excellent, he will feast on many second string centers. Jokić was Jokić when it mattered.

As for Italy, when Gallo and Belinelli were their best players, they were always kinda soft. Excellent shooting team, hard to deal with, but it was clear that they couldn't do anything against tougher teams in the paint and didn't react well to physical basketball. Now it's different, their philosophy on offense is the same, lots of good movement, lots of good shooters, but they seem to be a lot tougher in few past years. They still lack the size inside, but they fight and play smart most of the time. They will be dangerous. Fontecchio is a world class shooter.

Serbia is still searching for identity and it doesn't help that we still can't play in full roster.

Comment

• Lmfao at these refs there was an entire second between Shane’s layup touching the backboard and the adeto brothers “block”, I probably haven’t seen a more obvious goaltending in a while... are they trying to officiate a prep match or gift Greece an easy ego boost before the WC qualifiers? Turkey had the full momentum, they took the wind out of the sails right then and there.
                Last edited by Furkan Korkmaz; 08-19-2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                  Lmfao at these refs there was an entire second between Shane’s layup touching the glass and the adeto brothers “block”, are they trying to officiate a prep match or gift Greece an easy ego boost before the WC qualifiers?
                  Dude, the ball touched the rim after it hit the board and only then Greek took it away from the hook which is 100% legal.

Giannis playing only every now and then which won't help to create too much chemistry.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                    Lmfao at these refs there was an entire second between Shane’s layup touching the backboard and the adeto brothers “block”, I probably haven’t seen a more obvious goaltending in a while... are they trying to officiate a prep match or gift Greece an easy ego boost before the WC qualifiers? Turkey had the full momentum, they took the wind out of the sails right then and there.
                    You could easily see the ball has touched the rim after hitting the glass so it was totally legal, unless you are blind off.
                    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• My only hope for this game is none of our guys got injured at this point. Terrible refs

Comment

• Originally posted by okanial View Post
                        My only hope for this game is none of our guys got injured at this point. Terrible refs
                        What do you expect? Its in Greece and they must play hard pull push and everything to cover their lack of scoring. I think they are very fair for their standards.

Korkmaz on fire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Dude, the ball touched the rim after it hit the board and only then Greek took it away from the hook which is 100% legal.
                          I see no such exception in the rulebook, if the ball has entered the imaginary cylinder you cant interfere with it while it’s in a downward trajectory, you probably can if it bounces up, which it didnt. The refs have been trash regardless of this position though. My complaint stands.

Comment

Problem is because some things cannot be fixed. Serbia has structurally many problems. For now, this is not team, but group of individuals not well prepared. I have doubt it will be many improvements. I think we 'll hard win medal. It seems like one another failure, third consecutive for us.

Comment

• I really dont understand why we insist on putting Mahmutoglu against Greece. This is really suicide. And Kabaca is totally overwhelmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
                                Problem is because some things cannot be fixed. Serbia has structurally many problems. For now, this is not team, but group of individuals not well prepared. I have doubt it will be many improvements. I think we 'll hard win medal. It seems like one another failure, third consecutive for us.
                                Well, there are problems but I wouldnt be too fast with conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information