Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparation Games

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    I'm interested in an experimental lineup of Goran - Samar- Prepelič-Dončič-Čančar... that's a passing or creativity overkill that could still defend effectively in some cases. Maybee throwing Zoran in for some cutting in.
    That's also one of the reasons why I would like to see Samar in the final team, he understands the game well enough that he is able to create effectively for others even on this level at his age, with surprisingly few mistakes... and imo there is never enough facilitators in the team.
    That would be overkill in D too.

If Tobey starts hitting 3s, Luka/Goran/Prepelic/Cancar/Tobey is far the best possible offensive lineup. Luka + 4 shooters, 1 great cutter, 3 creators and decent height. Pick&roll unguardable, you can't double or trap Luka, you can't play zone and we know how will finish guarding Luka 1:1 without help.

Goran, Tobey back in the form and Prepelic hitting better % are crucial for Slovenia. I'm sure others will do important dirty things.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 08-18-2022 at 11:11 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Is there any website that is keeping track of preparation game results and stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    I think Slovenia is preparing a bit longer than Serbia.
    The other positive take for Serbia is, that playing with Jokić is not only possible, but he is actualy playing great. Micić also did his job. God knows how Bogdanović would look in this picture.

Not particulary happy with Slovenian game, to hasty, to individual, too many TO's, but than again a lot of that was also due to good defense from Serbia.

Samar definately deserves a place on the tournament.
    Slovenia played more bad then good, so-so, too leisure in some moments, Doncic's quality covered some lacks and some players who should have relatively important roles, their contribution missed, on other hand Samar secondary plain did some good things. Serbia used physical advantage on height and strength, individual quality of Jokic and Micic, also Kalinic and Davidovac made correct team job- Like team, no one is not yet prepared, but I think Slovenia will prepare easier, because possibility to play simplier, better interprersonal relations, better composed roles and few years spent together.

Looks like Ataman is using the second Poland game as a test to the players he is thinking about cutting. No Osman or Korkmaz. Birsen and Haltalı on the floor. Not a fun game to watch so far

Lithuania vs Spain in crowded Vilnius' arena if anyone interested:

https://play.tv3.lt/lives/tv3-lt,liv...gramme-4513247
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Lithuania vs Spain in crowded Vilnius' arena if anyone interested:

https://play.tv3.lt/lives/tv3-lt,liv...gramme-4513247
    Always!

I think will be excluded out of Lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    I think will be excluded out of Lithuania.
    It seems that there is no restriction.

No Willy. Scariolo, what a spoiler.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I watched the Greeks against Poland and I am not really impressed. I dont see the Greeks at the level of Serbia, France or Slovenia. They need to work on some defensive stuff.
    Turkish performance against Poland should be more worrying tbh.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    He is known as opinion changer after every watched game so don't worry(in the middle of last season he transfered almost the whole Efes roster when they sucked). After they came back in the season finish, they were his favorites for the title again
    If you win by big margin tonight he will put you back to favorites

Regarding tonight game, I could say just one thing

If Ataman had Melih in Efes's roster and used him like he is doing in NT, Efes would be still on ZERO titles. I mean almost half of the game, maybe more, there is no team on the planet that culd survive that.

How miserable team we are, is shown by simple fact that he was 2nd best scorer in the game. If we don't have better then we don't deserve anything except mediocre like it was last 10 years when him and Erden led this team.

The defense is worrysome indeed but nothing I havent mentioned mentioned so far. I dont know if they preserving the players for the Qualifiers or if it is inability. I think its a mix of both. Tomorrow we will know more.

Thank you!

Sad night for us, never mind it was preparation game. I am sure we all hoped that this team will at least reach higher goal then previous teams from last decade.

I am sure there is quality but without short rotation we will always be in problem against stronger teams(seems even against weaker like Poland)

We have 7-9 quality players and that's it, that is our reality. We don't have 12 players rotation. Our clubs made everything tnx to foreigners and this is price for that.

Yet to see if things will change, but I am not optimist. Still remember game against Greece when we dominated in 1st half and then Melih and co ruined all in 2nd half.

There is one more problem and that is defense. I don't like to post about that because offense is much more in my focus but it's such obvious. We are too weak in p&r defending. Despite we have ideal players in the roster for switching almost everything(when Melih isn't on the court), we don't do that. I watched Ataman's interview, where he declared that he doesn't like switching How you intend to defend Luka, Micic and all other masters of that game you moron

Last offence tonight showed how weak we are in that segment, Ponitka with ease twisted Korkmaz and beside Sanli assisted free player. That was idiotic defense. Ataman in Efes could pass with that because he had Singleton and Dunston but in NT no way that this will success.

What's worse that the defensive upside of Turkish team is very low. I don't see the current situation on defense is improvable in short term. The guys who will see heavy minutes like Şengün, Şanlı and Korkmaz or light minutes like Tuncer and Mahmutoğlu are poor defenders. I could ignore defensive liabilities of backcourt if we would have a rim protector, but we don't have any. That's why Ömer Aşık was a legend for our team. Rim protection with rotating after helping on defense, blocking threat and towering body on post-up defense. That's what Aşık provided us. We need a defensive anchor. If Adem Bona develops nicely next season, I see him taking this role in our team. Until then, Turkish team has a big hole on defense that is exploited by serious teams like France, Serbia, Lithuania, Slovenia and Greece that can drive to the basket on regular basis.

In prep period so far, Turkey allowed 82,6 PPG, while the likes of Greece 75,5 PPG, Lithuania 67,2 PPG and France 70,25. Hard to compete with them with this awful defense. As I said the ceiling of defensive talent of our team is low, we must meet the talent deficit on defense with our appetency. No room for deadness on floor though some of our guys' presence on defensive side doesn't look energetic. Korkmaz and Tuncer whom I mean.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

Without good defence its very difficult to reach even semifinal stage.

Offence wont do that alone teams are too good and too smart nowadays to allow to beat them playing one sided basketball. Elite teams wins games both ways and with defence and with offence.

There will always be bad shooting days even for best shooting teams and only defence can save teams in those days.

If NT want to win lots of playoofs games NT must have both in today era.

Ofcourse if you have top 10 world player ale Doncic,Giannis,Jokic it a bit diffrent they can win games on their greatness and domination ,but only 3 teams have such level player in upcomming eurobasket.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    What's worse that the defensive upside of Turkish team is very low. I don't see the current situation on defense is improvable in short term. The guys who will see heavy minutes like Şengün, Şanlı and Korkmaz or light minutes like Tuncer and Mahmutoğlu are poor defenders. I could ignore defensive liabilities of backcourt if we would have a rim protector, but we don't have any. That's why Ömer Aşık was a legend for our team. Rim protection with rotating after helping on defense, blocking threat and towering body on post-up defense. That's what Aşık provided us. We need a defensive anchor. If Adem Bona develops nicely next season, I see him taking this role in our team. Until then, Turkish team has a big hole on defense that is exploited by serious teams like France, Serbia, Lithuania, Slovenia and Greece that can drive to the basket on regular basis.

In prep period so far, Turkey allowed 82,6 PPG, while the likes of Greece 75,5 PPG, Lithuania 67,2 PPG and France 70,25. Hard to compete with them with this awful defense. As I said the ceiling of defensive talent of our team is low, we must meet the talent deficit on defense with our appetency. No room for deadness on floor though some of our guys' presence on defensive side doesn't look energetic. Korkmaz and Tuncer whom I mean.
    These games mean nothing. In official games intensity level goes up. Teams are not going to play hard defense in friendly games. Unless it is perhaps some kind of derby.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast