Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Power Rankings 2022-23

Quote Originally Posted by Worrax View Post
    Here's my early shot;

1st-2nd: Efes, Barca
    3rd-6th: Monaco, Milan, Real, Oly
    7th-10th: Virtus, Partizan, Fener, Bayern
    11th-13th: Pao, Maccabi, Valencia
    14th-18th: Czv, Baskonia, Alba, Asvel, Zalgiris.
    Agree with this more or less. I put Fener 3rd-6th instead of Monaco (7th-10th). Real could be added as 1th-3th. Possible exchanging positions Pao-Bayern.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Agree with this more or less. I put Fener 3rd-6th instead of Monaco (7th-10th). Real could be added as 1th-3th. Possible exchanging positions Pao-Bayern.
    I didn't like the changes/transfers of Real; Laso, Musa, Hezonja. Here whatever Bob says more interesting. About Fener; in general i'm agree with Janketa... i can't wait/hope big things for this season, but a passing year for the next one. Just trusting Itoudis and glad for coming of Bjelica and Motley. And Monaco... everything depends on Sasa and Mike if they get the harmony (it's difficult but possible), they are a clean F4 contender. Very good roster, but only on the paper for now. Most i wonder is Messina's Milan. If they fail this year or not. I should add why i put Fener to 7th-10th place... the reason is Pangos. If they were steal this player from Milan, i would put them higher. And i waited/hoped this till his signing to Milan. Already game over.
    Last edited by Worrax; 07-28-2022 at 12:57 PM.

I think Maccabi will make step ahead in regard to last 7 or 8 years. I see them between 5th and 8th position, This year they have best roster since championship year. Potentially. they could have serious problems with coach adaptation, completely new team, but in this moment there are no more than 5 or 6 teams who promise more.

I should add why i put Fener to 7th-10th place... the reason is Pangos. If they were steal this player from Milan, i would put them higher. And i waited/hoped this till his signing to Milan. Already game over.
    Exactly!

We missed this time some sort of impudence and should have gone for stealing instead of being polite and waiting what's gona happen

Virtus didn't wait for us with Iffe

Gherardini did great job this season for his country in both ways

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Exactly!

We missed this time some sort of impudence and should have gone for stealing instead of being polite and waiting what's gona happen

Virtus didn't wait for us with Iffe

Gherardini did great job this season for his country in both ways
    ...and maybe we should add Jordan Mickey and Milutinov to the list. Milutinov, Motley, Mickey, Bjelica... tough staff! Tbh i didn't like Jekiri sign that much.

...and maybe we should add Jordan Mickey and Milutinov to the list. Milutinov, Motley, Mickey, Bjelica... tough staff! Tbh i didn't like Jekiri sign that much.
    They all are on my list, would be happy to see them, but only Pangos was difference maker on the market. Efes did it with Larkin and now Milan did the same. CSKA would be unbeatable last season, I wrote about that.

Just hope Vivo won't come from nowhere to remind me that puting Pangos and Larkin(as I remember) in the same sentence is sacrilege

Of course Larkin is better, the best, but Pangos is hell of the player too.

But tbh if question would be is Milano much better then last season, answer would be NO. They replaced one great player (Chacho) with younger and in this moment better, but not such great imrovement. Their problems are on some other positions and that's why they are still not title contender imo. F4 yes, but title no.
    Last edited by janketa; 07-28-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    I think Maccabi will make step ahead in regard to last 7 or 8 years. I see them between 5th and 8th position, This year they have best roster since championship year. Potentially. they could have serious problems with coach adaptation, completely new team, but in this moment there are no more than 5 or 6 teams who promise more.
    Maccabi has a better roster this year than 2019-20? A year where they were tied for 4th with CSKA late in the season? Yeah... no.

They all are on my list, would be happy to see them, but only Pangos was difference maker on the market. Efes did it with Larkin and now Milan did the same. CSKA would be unbeatable last season, I wrote about that.

Just hope Vivo won't come from nowhere to remind me that puting Pangos and Larkin(as I remember) in the same sentence is sacrilege

Of course Larkin is better, the best, but Pangos is hell of the player too.

But tbh if question would be is Milano much better then last season, answer would be NO. They replaced one great player (Chacho) with younger and in this moment better, but not such great imrovement. Their problems are on some other positions and that's why they are still not title contender imo. F4 yes, but title no.
    Once you are F4 candidate and go to the F4, then you can also win the title...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity View Post
    Once you are F4 candidate and go to the F4, then you can also win the title...
    It's old story that chances are 25% each team, but in reality it's not like that. Except Maccabi 2014 I couldn't remember some team won the title without big players, at least two of them. Juventut and Limoges in past century.

If you ask me Virtus has better chances for the title if they reach F4. I put them 4th in power rankings, above Milan

It's old story that chances are 25% each team, but in reality it's not like that. Except Maccabi 2014 I couldn't remember some team won the title without big players, at least two of them. Juventut and Limoges in past century.

If you ask me Virtus has better chances for the title if they reach F4. I put them 4th in power rankings, above Milan
    Maccabi had two miracles happening to them in 2014 - One in playoffs against Milan - they tied the score from -12 in last 3 minutes and won in OT, and second one was stupidest turnover ever by CSKA in semi-final...
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Efes
    Barca
    Real
    Fener
    Armani
    Oly
    Virtus
    Bayern

1 Barca - By far the deepest roster without weak spots
    2 Efes - 3 of top5 EL players, but rest of the roster is below Barca's level. Very weak PF position after Singleton departure. M'Baye is too old, Polonara too nothing
    3 Real - I thought maybe to put them on 2nd place. They are stronger then last season. Chacho is still hell of the player. The best centers in EL
    4 Virtus - Teo
    5 Milan - Only if Pangos come
    6 Oly - 4th last season but two Italian teams did big market moves and I had to put them higher
    7 Asvel - This is pure instict based that De Colo will finaly have the opportunity to play with quality guys after disaster with the kokoskov's boys
    8 Fener - too many questions about roster, so I don't know what to expect. This season will be wasted imo and I consider as preparation for the next

9-18 I realy don't have a clue, very close budgets(except Monaco) and differences depend from point of view

One or two teams will probably make PO

Monaco(though I don't like their roster) is favorite of course, Partizan and Zvezda are still mistery because they are on half of creating rosters and they have money, PAO did great job(except Williams)
    Udate after last signinigs (and not signings)

1 Barca - Still favorite No1 imo(with or without Mirotic)
    2 Real - Much stronger then last season, runner up, lost title in last seceonds
    3 Efes - Until now they didn't replace Singleton and Anderson, guys who worked hard(in crutial games) and scorers when needed, Efes has 3 best players on their position, but not workers anymore. Mistake was releasing them in first place
    4 Milan - Now when Pangos came they are top level on 4 of 5 positions.
    5 Virtus - Too good roster to put them lower
    6 Oly - Powerhouse of EL and the best homecourt support(after CZ and Partizan). Stonger then last season too, but not much
    7 Monaco - Not title contender but could fight for PO. Removed Asvel from some reasons
    8 Fener - Last signings didn't change my opinion about roster, Kokoskov's ghost is still present here. Edwards could be good but also big risk as rookie in EL. Not fighting for Pangos(ex Itoudis boy) is big mistake, because with him this roster could have quite different dimension

Must say that I like Pao roster very much and on my list they would be 6th if they didn't bring Williams. He will screw their chemistry if radonjic gives him opportunity and minutes.
    Last edited by janketa; 08-02-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Efes is like the 2nd 3peat Bulls now. Rest of the roster does not matter much. Moerman-Polonara, M'baye-Singleton does not make any difference and Zizic instead of Petrusev is a big step-up. Last year they managed to win the league with only "2" best players and let's not forget Clyburn will be playing for Ataman, who will in my opinion get more from him compared to Itoudis. As long as they are healthy and on the court, their chances are super high. On the other hand I give Barcelona less than 10% chances, it will be a lost year for Mirotic even if he manages to return in 6 months and I don't know how injury prone Vesely will last under Saras. Besides they now have the loser's mentality after failing 2 seasons in a row with the best roster. So in my opinion: Efes > Real > Milan > Oly > Barcelona > Virtus > Monaco and the rest is insignificant...

Edit: And I also don't understand those claiming Efes is weak at 4, let's not forget Clyburn can play 4 as well, in fact better than most of the EL power forwards, so Micic-Larkin-Bryant-Clyburn-Zicic at the same time will not be a surprise.
    Last edited by surfer; 08-07-2022 at 09:02 PM.
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

If Brazdeikis does not leave the Zalgiris team in the middle of the season due to the NBA, Zalgiris can rise to 6th place. Because in reality it will be the best player of this position in the Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Maccabi has a better roster this year than 2019-20? A year where they were tied for 4th with CSKA late in the season? Yeah... no.
    Players are better now. 19-20 it was good team, who overreached their medium possibilities. Wilbekin, Dorsey, Zoosman, Avdija, Reynolds, Hunter, it sounds correct. it is for 7-9 place in Euroleague. Now, they signed few excellent players, looking at roster they are per qualtiy for 5-7 place. If Katash would lead team like Sfairopoulos 19-20 they will do that, if would be like Sfairopolous last two seasons, they will not be in 8.

Why CZ wants to get rid of Ivanovic and White

Why CZ wants to get rid of Ivanovic and White
    I don't know but that doesn't seem good to me. I hope that both of them will stay, because there are not better options on the market that Zvezda could afford. Especially point guard position. There are some forwards, but some of them are Taylor and Kuzminskas who are not better than White at the moment imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Players are better now. 19-20 it was good team, who overreached their medium possibilities. Wilbekin, Dorsey, Zoosman, Avdija, Reynolds, Hunter, it sounds correct. it is for 7-9 place in Euroleague. Now, they signed few excellent players, looking at roster they are per qualtiy for 5-7 place. If Katash would lead team like Sfairopoulos 19-20 they will do that, if would be like Sfairopolous last two seasons, they will not be in 8.
    Wilbekin, Dorsey, and Bryant was a very good core. Then they started off the season with Wolters, Hunter, Avdija, Zoosman, Casspi, Tarik Black, and Acy as role players. Aaron Jackson replaced Wolters after injury and Reynolds replaced Black.

But to start the year they were

Wolters/Diba
    Wilbekin/Dorsey
    Bryant/Casspi/Zoosman
    Acy/Caloiaro/Avdija
    Black/Hunter

which is considerably better than their roster this year, imo. They've had issues last two years of filling in gaps, especially on the wing and at the 4 position, with solid role players, so this season's roster is more "complete" than the past two seasons (no obvious deadweight signings like Kam Taylor because they just ran out of money), but that '19-'20 roster was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by rk2r7 View Post
    I don't know but that doesn't seem good to me. I hope that both of them will stay, because there are not better options on the market that Zvezda could afford. Especially point guard position. There are some forwards, but some of them are Taylor and Kuzminskas who are not better than White at the moment imo.
    Agree with this, that's why I am stunned because they are realy good players

New update

I moved Efes to 4th place because Polonara signings(they had Saybir who is better player if they wanted PF without shooting). Virtus also from personal(subjective) reasons because they "stole" Iffe from us

1 Barca - The best roster
    2 Real - Much stronger then last season
    3 Milan - Pangos, Datome , Melli, Messina.. enough
    4 Efes - With clown like Polonara it's impossible to win anything(Efes fans just should imagine what would happen in Belgrade if Polonara was in Singleton place). The only possibility for them is if M'Baye is 1st option and Polonara back up for him
    5 Oly - Better then last season on 2 positions
    6 Monaco -Very good roster, though not title contender imo
    7 Fener - After Calathes signing there is some signs of Itoudis plan and concept. Calathes is the most bashed player here(after my boys Nunnally, Williams, Melih, Kokoskov's boys etc) but I like that signing. Though I always put shooting in 1st place there are always exceptions. I am pleased that after so many years we have pass 1st pg in the team, instead of combos
    8. Pao

1st four picks will play F4 imo
    Last edited by janketa; 08-23-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast