No announcement yet.

Euroleague Power Rankings 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rosters overalls seem to have improved significantly. I'm quite curious on Fener, Milan, Monaco & PAO especially. I think these will do better.

Efes has the chemistry & stability thing going on, hence a contender, but otherwise it's a notch below the Spanish duo, imho.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
      The rosters overalls seem to have improved significantly. I'm quite curious on Fener, Milan, Monaco & PAO especially. I think these will do better.

Efes has the chemistry & stability thing going on, hence a contender, but otherwise it's a notch below the Spanish duo, imho.
      Efes missed a chance to find replaces for Simon, Anderson and Singleton. I am talking about 2020/2021 roster. Last season was fluke

Clyburn alone won't fill all gaps after 3 solid(even great EL players) left

Maybe Ponitka was a chance for Efes, or someone similar who could play 2/3 position. Clyburn is rather 3/4 guy

I agree that Efes with this roster is below Spanish duo

Game against Pao showed how important Larkin is and why he is (healthy) the best in EL. He is difference maker not mvp Micic. This is the true picture what Efes would be without Larkin

When he comes back things will be better for sure because he makes all players around him better, then maybe Micic will be mvp again.
      Last edited by janketa; 09-24-2022, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
        My rating groups:

Candidates for the title:
        Barsa - all positions are perfectly complete
        Real - all positions are perfectly complete
        Efes - a well completed team, good chemistry
        Candidates for Top-4:
        Panathinaikos is the most strengthened team
        Milan a well completed team
        Fener - a well completed team
        Monaco - a well completed team
        Candidates for Top-8:
        Olympiakos a well-completed team
        Zalgiris - a significantly strengthened team, especially in defense.
        Virtus is a mysteriously strong team
        Macabi - a team that can surprise, the x factor of Lorenso Brown
        Intermediate teams
        Baskonia - a strong team without a front line
        Valencia is a well-rounded, average team
        Alba is a well-rounded mid-range team
        Partizan is a well-rounded average team
        Asvel is a well-rounded medium team
        Outsiders:
        Bayern is a weakened team
        Zvezda - there are no players who could lift from the tournament button
        Olympiacos with the same or better roster and more experienced team which finished second in regular season is just candidate for top 8?

Comment

Originally posted by childress67 View Post
          Olympiacos with the same or better roster and more experienced team which finished second in regular season is just candidate for top 8?
          Agree with this, I would put them higher then Fener and Monaco for sure, from the same reasons. But, after all , everybody has right for own opinion

Comment

As janketa says, we all have our own opinions. I think that last year Olympiakos was somewhat accompanied by blind luck. This year, the Euroleague teams will be stronger, so the competition will be fiercer, the same Panathinaikos has actually strengthened so much that I wouldn't be surprised if it will be a TOP-4 team.

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
              As janketa says, we all have our own opinions. I think that last year Olympiakos was somewhat accompanied by blind luck. This year, the Euroleague teams will be stronger, so the competition will be fiercer, the same Panathinaikos has actually strengthened so much that I wouldn't be surprised if it will be a TOP-4 team.
              Ok, you are entitled to your opinion but putting Panathinaikos as a candidate for Top-4 when we have not made it out of the quarterfinals for 10 years (with multiple sweeps under our belt, even with home court advantage) and have been 13th and 16th these past 2 years, is a stretch at the very least.
              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

When will be posted IBN Predictions ?

Comment

I think you are wrong, this team is same or better. Obviously, this season there are more speed and shooting potential, on other hand. play inside, height, weight and tactical awareness are less.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
                    When will be posted IBN Predictions ?
                    We're all waiting for Chris

Comment

All preparation games with statistics? Link ?

Comment

Ι'm really surprised about the expectations from PAO team.
                        I'd agree the roster is better this year. Βut:
                        1) Pao has only one regular power forward, D. Williams. Then there is Matzoukas and Hougaz two Greek youngsters with no Euroleague experience. Pao is still scanning the market for a power forward, waiting possible availability of Mitoglou or someone from the NBA cut players. As you know Papapetrou who was the captain and could play there transferred to Partizan.
                        2) There is no 3rd center. If one of Papagiannis or Gudaitis get injured, they will literally play with one man for 40 minutes since there is no other player to play there.
                        3) Their coach has never ever qualified to F8. His best ever place was 13th with Zvezda.
                        4) Not one in the roster has ever been to the F4.
                        I would be really surprised if Pao made it to F8 in this difficult season, during a marathon where players get injured and depth in every position is required, I put him 10 to 13 under Efes, Barca, Real, Milan, Olympiacos, Monaco, Fener, Maccabi, Virtus, Partizan.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfonsoFord View Post
                          1) Pao has only one regular power forward, D. Williams. Then there is Matzoukas and Hougaz two Greek youngsters with no Euroleague experience. Pao is still scanning the market for a power forward, waiting possible availability of Mitoglou or someone from the NBA cut players. As you know Papapetrou who was the captain and could play there transferred to Partizan.
                          2) There is no 3rd center. If one of Papagiannis or Gudaitis get injured, they will literally play with one man for 40 minutes since there is no other player to play there.
                          3) Their coach has never ever qualified to F8. His best ever place was 13th with Zvezda.
                          I would be really surprised if Pao made it to F8 in this difficult season, during a marathon where players get injured and depth in every position is required, I put him 10 to 13 under Efes, Barca, Real, Milan, Olympiacos, Monaco, Fener, Maccabi, Virtus, Partizan.
                          Mostly, I agree. I think, uprising predictions of Panathinaikos, it's more need and wish to back such huge club. Despite there are more reasons for optimism then last few years, we cannot say it would be surprise if Pao will not be placed in quarter-finals. Radonjic reached quarter-finals 2016, he did good job in CZ, unlike Bayern.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfonsoFord View Post
                            Although the front line of Panathinaikos has less depth, it has more quality and diverse centers than Olympiakos. And when Panaitinaikos has individually such strong players - creators like Wolters, Grigonis and Ponitka, who can play individually very well at the end of the match. That's why I think that this year Olimpiakos has no chance against the significantly stronger Panaitinaikos.
                            Of course the match will show that, this is just my guess.

Comment

Urbonas and his top lieutenants have delivered their power rankings for the new season:

BasketNews’ Donatas Urbonas, Rytis Vysniauskas, and Augustas Suliauskas deliver their power rankings for the EuroLeague 2022-23 season.Topics:- Intro (00:00)...

Comment

1-3 Anadolu Efes, Barcelona, Real Madrid
                                4-5 Olimpia Milano Fenerbahce
                                6-11 Maccabi, Olympiacos, Partizan, Monaco, Bayern, Virtus
                                12-15 Asvel, Panathianikos, Alba, Valencia
                                16-18 Zalgiris, Crvena Zvezda, Baskonia

Most hard is to predict placement of some clubs like Monaco, Maccabi, Virtus, who have new roster, a lot of good individuals, but theoretically hard to match. It seem to Maccabi could make good result, despite it's more irational feeling then rational anlysis. Fenerbahce could have many problems, potentially big failure. Olympiacos will be on the edge of 8th place maybe little bit up. Monaco extraordinary good players, but very hard to compose good team from these players. Bayern's roster is weaker, but Trinchieri is master in his job, he probably 'll make good job, but not so good to be again quarter-finals. Baskonia looks really bad, Valencia so-so, more weak then good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information