Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-2023 NBA Season

I hope the NBA bring back the art of low post scoring

Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine questioned the decision by head coach Billy Donovan to bench him for the final four minutes of Friday night's 108-107 home loss to the Orlando Magic.

LaVine struggled mightily with his shot throughout the contest, going 1-of-14 from the field with an 0-of-5 mark on threes, but the two-time All-Star felt he should have still been on the floor in crunch time.

"I gotta do a better job at the beginning of the game to make my shots, but you play a guy like me down the stretch," LaVine told reporters. "That's what I do. Do I like the decision? No. Do I have to live with it? Yeah. Be ready to put my shoes on and play the next game."

The Bulls, who trailed by 14 at halftime, were able to make a surge in the third quarter with LaVine on the sideline, and head coach Billy Donovan decided it was best to bring him back to the bench as the team attempted to complete the complete in the final minutes.

"I feel like my job, my responsibility in those moments is to try to make the best decisions for the team," Donovan said. "And I thought that was the best decision at the time. To me, I don't look at it as anything else but the one-off game where this is what was going on. I know he wanted to be out there. There's probably not very many games in his career where [LaVine] hasn't been out there in those moments, but that group was playing well and it gave us a chance."

LaVine's four points were his fewest in a game so far this season and marked his lowest total since Jan. 14, when he failed to score in four minutes before getting hurt in a game against the Golden State Warriors.

The 27-year-old UCLA product is one of the NBA's most lethal scorers when his shot is clicking, but that wasn't the case Friday, which left Donovan in a difficult situation.

"Just ask him what his decision was, what made him think that way," LaVine said when asked if he would discuss the situation with Donovan. "Obviously, he wanted to go with some other guys out there, I wasn't having the best night shooting, but it's a tough one."

He added: "I've missed a lot of shots, but I've had a lot of games where I've played terribly and in four, five minutes put up 15, 16 points. I just wasn't able to shoot the next shot."

More importantly, the Bulls' fourth straight loss dropped the team to 6-10 overall with a lackluster 4-5 mark at home. Things don't get any easier with the Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks the next two opponents on the schedule.

LaVine will attempt to rediscover his shooting stroke ahead of Monday's clash with Boston, the squad's last home game before starting a six-game road trip.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...wn-the-stretch

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Fucking hell, Bulls. Vuc misses two free throws, and then Bulls give up a go-ahead three from Jalen Suggs.

Now 6-10. AKME (Arturas Karnisovas and Marc Eversley) need to make a decision. Continue with this lineup, or get as many assets as we can?
    not to late to enter the wemby sweepstakes for the bulls, damn if they have only kept lauri. Vuc and Lavine , though all stars, wont get them out of the east, same with derozan.

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post

I love seeing the Asian representation in the current NBA.

This could have been Kai Sotto right now if he had the talent lol.
    Whats funny about Kai not making the NBA???

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Because so many on here were guaranteeing that Kai was going to be the first homegrown Pinoy to get drafted into the NBA.

They were so invested and claimed it was a "Sure thing" he would be drafted.

Come draft night Kai's name wasn't called out and you could say Kai disappointed an entire nation.

I find the arrogance of the Kai diehards quite amusing.
    Youre letting your hate get to you. As a Filipino, I only want whats best for Kai. While being realistic, I still want him to reach his dreams.

For a 15 years old very matured ang laro ni 6'7' Koa Peat. He was 14 when he played sa team USA sa 17 and under tournament sa 2024 pwede ng magpadraft ulit ang mga highschool players. Projected 2nd overall pick si Koa Peat sa 2025. His game have some similarities to Jayson Tatum

The Warriors rested their 3 starters against the Pelicans
    And they took another L. Warriors now have 10 losses. Unless Kerr is increasing the trade value of Jonathan Kuminga, and showcasing his talents.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulLee3 View Post
    The Warriors rested their 3 starters against the Pelicans
    And they took another L. Warriors now have 10 losses. Unless Kerr is increasing the trade value of Jonathan Kuminga, and showcasing his talents.
    To be accurate, all starters did not play. They are losing because their bench sucks and not because of showcasing anybody's talents.

"Sacramento Kings are back, 4th seed in the West. if they continue winning Mike Brown for Coach of the Year" They have the longest rebuild in NBA history. the last time they were relevant was back in the 2003-04 NBA Season"

Reigning NBA player of the week. and a future first time NBA All Star. D'aaron fox

Quote Originally Posted by Chef30 View Post
    To be accurate, all starters did not play. They are losing because their bench sucks and not because of showcasing anybody's talents.
    They should have traded Kuminga and Wiseman for Myles Turner in the off season

[url]https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-heat-make-duncan-robinson-available-trade-talks[/u

Duncan Robinson is on the trading block

For a 15 years old very matured ang laro ni 6'7' Koa Peat. He was 14 when he played sa team USA sa 17 and under tournament sa 2024 pwede ng magpadraft ulit ang mga highschool players. Projected 2nd overall pick si Koa Peat sa 2025. His game have some similarities to Jayson Tatum
    Is he in the same draft class as Cooper Flagg? I like Flagg’s game

[url]https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-heat-make-duncan-robinson-available-trade-talks[/u

Duncan Robinson is on the trading block
    spurs should get him, for marketing purposes

The Bulls snap the Celtics' nine-game winning streak‼️

Two of Boston's four losses this season are against Chicago ��

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    spurs should get him, for marketing purposes
    i just got it. lolz. Duncan Robinson

Sacramento Kings are now the best team in California. Just defeated Memphis.

"Cannot wait to see the Suns getting embarrass again in the playoffs. A bunch of fake tough guys. Good job on Patrick Beverly defending his teammates. I hope they meet Dallas or Sacramento in the playoffs" Ayton never improve his offensive game despite being a 5 years NBA veteran"

I really had a gut feeling that Deandre Ayton(not motivated enough) will be traded along with Zach Lavine, Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons(toxic guys that had some attitude problem).

"What's your opinions on the Sacramento Kings?? Are they legit?? 7th games winning streak" Looks like they are going to be a playoffs team barring any injuries to their key players"

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast