Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gilas Eligible Potential Future Nba Filipino Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by mapuakid View Post
    I prefer homegrown to be developed his/her game outside PH as early as 15-16yo.
    i think 15-16 is already old, AAU kids in the US usually starts way way young , around 12-13ish

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    i think 15-16 is already old, AAU kids in the US usually starts way way young , around 12-13ish
    Yes. True.

But there are a lot of factors against this:

1. Money - Self Explanatory. They would also care where will they live. Unless they have relatives overseas already. And ofc, the way of living. Etc.

2. Family(Parent) - 12-13 yrs old is really a kid. I dont think many pinoy parents will let their 13 yrs old go overseas. Unless they(the parents) will go too. But that also gors back to point no. 1. Will the parents work overseas to provide the money needed for their 13 yrs old kid.

I have relatives who are 12-13 yrs old. They are really really still kids who need parantal guidance.

Again, I am happy with that idea. Happy for Competente cause he was able to.

But it is more complicated than it seems

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yes. True.

1. Money - Self Explanatory. They would also care where will they live. Unless they have relatives overseas already. And ofc, the way of living. Etc.

2. Family(Parent) - 12-13 yrs old is really a kid. I dont think many pinoy parents will let their 13 yrs old go overseas. Unless they(the parents) will go too. But that also gors back to point no. 1. Will the parents work overseas to provide the money needed for their 13 yrs old kid.

I have relatives who are 12-13 yrs old. They are really really still kids who need parantal guidance.

Sobra compentente had good height so investment for famiky for him to reach his dreams paid off with a youth team stint but how about the others...maraming talent sa Pinas just unlucky taht sone are undersized we're just lucky that local schools already get them and be able to see in nu,ateneo junirs la salle greenies et. Al..But how about the ones who had a growth spurth late or just isnt tall enough
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Yes. True.

true, its really complicated specially for a country like ours who value close family ties. actually training young overseas does not only apply to basketball, our gymnasts like carlos yulo also started early on.

further its a huge step for a pre teen to transfer to another country, the culture might overwhelm him
    Last edited by CoJ; 06-26-2022 at 06:09 AM.

Yes. True.

The pandemic and no high school basketball did a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    The pandemic and no high school basketball did a lot as well.
    this, it took 2 years of training/playing time from the kids..

what this players advice the future aspirants?

Japeth - avoid stepping the ball
    BRP jr. - pick the US NCAA route
    Kobe - Avoid Middlebrooks
    Kai - Avoid EWP and Bell
    Lopez - Not join OTE
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post

Kai - Avoid EWP and Bell
    Lopez - Not join OTE
    Yeah. Try lang ng try.

We will eventually break it.

We are getting closer and closer.

Even if you failed to get in nba. Playing in top overaeas league is still good

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post

Kai - Avoid EWP and Bell
    Lopez - Not join OTE
    I dont think BRP had a choice. Fault of America's poor healthcare system to be honest.

im still hoping Domangcas bounce back from injury well and gets a chance to develop in the US or in Europe
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123