Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gilas Eligible Potential Future Nba Filipino Prospects

Default Gilas Eligible Potential Future Nba Filipino Prospects

Now, that Kai is undrafted. Who do you think are next in line? So far, these are my tentative list:

(From Oldest to Youngest)

Lebron Lopez - 19 yrs old

Caelum Harris - 17 yrs old

(Jayden Harper - 17 yrs old) (Not sure if gilas eligible)

Femi Edu - 17 yrs old

Alex Konov - 16 yrs old

Zain Mahmood - 16 yrs old

(Dylan Harper - 15 yrs old) (Not sure if gilas eligible)

Ajani Jones - 12 yrs old

Ben Edu - 12 yrs old

Timothy Sotto - 5 yrs old (Too Young, I almost not list him, but yeah)

------------

Sorry for the obsession of a gilas eligible Filipino to make/be Drafted in nba.

But, yeah. It would make us proud

As @mapuakid said. We should improve on our development of players especially the homegrowns.

I hope someone could eventually make it.

PS: @Mods, I hope I am allowed to make this thread.

I'm very high on Konov, I hope he doesn't get poisoned by offers from local leagues here where he'd play college till he's25 and turn into the next Erram lol. We should turn him into our own Yuta Watanabe, Yuta as far as I'm aware wasn't groomed in Japan though(at least in his important years), he woulda turned out a way weaker player. Either Watanabe or Hyunjung Lee should be the blueprint.

Ajani Jones is the closest I can think of, granted he's already or will be eligible in the near future. Kid is I believe already ranked among the top prospects of his class.

I also hope Caelum won't be another Kobe Paras, that attitude is gonna be the biggest thorn in his career. Lopez needs to turn pro asap, even in an Asian league, too much downtime and wasted development already.

Quote Originally Posted by earldeboy View Post
    Ajani Jones is the closest I can think of, granted he's already or will be eligible in the near future. Kid is I believe already ranked among the top prospects of his class.
    There are only 2 ranked prospects in my list above

Dylan Harper (Ron Harper Jr's brother) and Ajani Jones. If I am not mistaken.

Most of them are Fil Foreigns since they are more likely to play abroad, specifically in USA.

Caelum is doubtful pa for me as of now.

I think Konov is still raw or undeveloped.(Nba prospect context) But u can see the potential

The problem here is that if the kid is a FilAm and he's that good to be in the NBA (think Jalen Green) he and his family won't even consider Gilas, as it's very likely that he'll go with USA Basketball's Youth Program + US NCAA Div 1

No offense, but if Harris, Konov and these other FilAM U16 Gilas players are really NBA material they won't be playing for Gilas

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    I'm very high on Konov, I hope he doesn't get poisoned by offers from local leagues here where he'd play college till he's25 and turn into the next Erram lol. We should turn him into our own Yuta Watanabe, Yuta as far as I'm aware wasn't groomed in Japan though(at least in his important years), he woulda turned out a way weaker player. Either Watanabe or Hyunjung Lee should be the blueprint.
    Alex Konov.

Pwede. If he will go US NCAA siguro.

Obviously, he have shooting and toughness. But obviously, other aspects of his game needs improvement

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    There are only 2 ranked prospects in my list above

Dylan Harper (Ron Harper Jr's brother) and Ajani Jones. If I am not mistaken.

Most of them are Fil Foreigns since they are more likely to play abroad, specifically in USA.

Caelum is doubtful pa for me as of now.

I think Konov is still raw or undeveloped.(Nba prospect context) But u can see the potential
    Is jayden harper, ron jr's brother? Or no relation?

Anyway, isn't he like a 4 star prospect? Seems like he has a pretty good chance too. At 6'7, he has good size and is fluid enough to play the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    The problem here is that if the kid is a FilAm and he's that good to be in the NBA (think Jalen Green) he and his family won't even consider Gilas, as it's very likely that he'll go with USA Basketball's Youth Program + US NCAA Div 1

No offense, but if Harris, Konov and these other FilAM U16 Gilas players are really NBA material they won't be playing for Gilas
    That's why our best hope to produce an NBA player is homegrown. And to further increase the chances of us sending a homegrown Filipino player to the NBA or Europe, we need to improve our development infrastructure and be willing to sponsor homegrown talents in training abroad.

Question, is, who's willing to sponsor overseas training like what Chooks has done with Kai?

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Is jayden harper, ron jr's brother? Or no relation?

Anyway, isn't he like a 4 star prospect? Seems like he has a pretty good chance too. At 6'7, he has good size and is fluid enough to play the wing.
    Nope.

Si Ron at Dylan lang ang magkapatid.(Ron and Dylan are brothers)

Jayden are not related to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post

Totoo naman. But I still think there's a sweet spot where a FilAm could be NBA worthy but not necessarily Team USA worthy like Ron Jr. These would likely be role players and sixth men like Clarkson and Ron who would still be huge boons to our NT. The SBP or whoever will lead our NT just need to work extra hard in scouting and ensuring the eligibility of these future players.

while I like Zain, he won't reach the NBA if he doesn't grow at least 4 more inches. Too small for his position. Konov might have potential if he becomes a Korver kind of player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    while I like Zain, he won't reach the NBA if he doesn't grow at least 4 more inches. Too small for his position. Konov might have potential if he becomes a Korver kind of player.
    Dun sa mga 17-19 who arw sure eligible.

I think Caelum and Konov has biggest chamce.

Jayden too, if hw will be proved to be eligible

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    same here. although if he loses weight and grows a few more inches, i think he can have an international career. he kinda reminds me of standhardinger. altho standhardinger has a better motor.

Nobody is even close

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Nobody is even close
    Ouch. Yeah. I still think Kai is the best bet to make the Nba thru direct signing or two way next 5 years.

But as for drafted. Medyo malabo nga.

Ouch. Yeah. I still think Kai is the best bet to make the Nba thru direct signing or two way next 5 years.

never say never. marami pa diyan bata po and they could be late bloomers like sochan giddey for example.

Its more likely that PHL will produce a player that can be like Lee Hyun-jung than the next pinoy unicorn Kai Sotto ( ahem, a generational talent, PHL standards) ..at least Lee Hyun-jung was in the NBA invite, but still went undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    I also hope Caelum won't be another Kobe Paras, that attitude is gonna be the biggest thorn in his career. Lopez needs to turn pro asap, even in an Asian league, too much downtime and wasted development already.

Nothing wrong with having a swag,he's 16,it can be turned around in no time.

without mentioning names , but the type of player , i think it's a 3 and D wing that has a best shot , Watanabe / Harper JR.
    if we can find an eligible player to be a Bruce Dowen , Danny Green type that probably the most realistic, A Norwood with 3 pt shooting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast