Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: 2023 FIBA U16 Championship

  1. #21
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    what are you suggesting to have a quota limit for fil foreigners, parang PBA team ( max 5 or something ?)
    isn't that discrimination and against the law ? LOL
    not really i can really get 12 filams if there are good but here 3-4 lang namn yun good enough..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,229
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    not really i can really get 12 filams if there are good but here 3-4 lang namn yun good enough..
    Ok, but in homegrowns in U16 Finals 12, how many are good enough din?

    I think Nieto and Romero are not good enough. Even Basti (though u can say he is rusty)

    The composition is:

    5 Fil Fors and 7 Locals or

    6 Fil Fors and 6 locals

    Depending if u classify competente as homegrown or fil foreign

    So, there are 3-4 kids who are not good enough in F12?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,308
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Ok, but in homegrowns in U16 Finals 12, how many are good enough din?

    I think Nieto and Romero are not good enough. Even Basti (though u can say he is rusty)

    The composition is:

    5 Fil Fors and 7 Locals or

    6 Fil Fors and 6 locals

    Depending if u classify competente as homegrown or fil foreign

    So, there are 3-4 kids who are not good enough in F12?
    The advantages of the Filfors sre understandable. But hopefully they encourage the local programs to step up. Its sad that the 2nd best home grown U16 big right now, Basti, is the worst performer in the team. I am not counting Ez Mil. Is that the best our local programs can offer? I hope some of the handlers of young bigs here take notice. Porter is actually good. He is unfazed by the competition. Why the big gap between him and Reyes? I hope the U18 homegrown bigs have better to offer.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    655
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Ok, but in homegrowns in U16 Finals 12, how many are good enough din?

    I think Nieto and Romero are not good enough. Even Basti (though u can say he is rusty)

    The composition is:

    5 Fil Fors and 7 Locals or

    6 Fil Fors and 6 locals

    Depending if u classify competente as homegrown or fil foreign

    So, there are 3-4 kids who are not good enough in F12?
    The issue on the number of Fil-fors and homegrowns should not be even discussed as it is discriminatory, unwelcoming and will make Filipinos born abroad feel "different".

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,229
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfrancis View Post
    The issue on the number of Fil-fors and homegrowns should not be even discussed as it is discriminatory, unwelcoming and will make Filipinos born abroad feel "different".
    Agreed. As long as their eligible and good enough

  6. #26
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    1,693
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I really like Porter's 3point shooting. He might be among the top when it comes to 3point accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #27
    Senior Member C2Hamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,303
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    I really like Porter's 3point shooting. He might be among the top when it comes to 3point accuracy.
    stat for the tourney->https://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2022/playerstats

    Porter is not included, dont know why,. probably due to low volume -> https://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16...Micahel-Porter
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

    P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •