Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2022 Gilas Women 16 and under

Quote Originally Posted by kukikups View Post
    Naubos. Dug themselves a hole too deep to get out of. Nice adjustment by the Samoa coach, while our coaching staff unsurprisingly couldn't adjust. Good learning experience though for the players.
    I thought they adjusted late in the 3rd (Miami Heat defense?), their shots were just not falling all game long.

This is what happens when you have no true Center and you live and die by the 3. Filemu was just beasting down low.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    I thought they adjusted late in the 3rd (Miami Heat defense?), their shots were just not falling all game long.

This is what happens when you have no true Center and you live and die by the 3. Filemu was just beasting down low.
    They made defensive changes too late, spent too much energy trying to get the ball back. There were opportunities for them to force 3 second violations a good number of times but allowed their opponents to wiggle out at the last second.

Quote Originally Posted by kukikups View Post
    They made defensive changes too late, spent too much energy trying to get the ball back. There were opportunities for them to force 3 second violations a good number of times but allowed their opponents to wiggle out at the last second.
    You dont necessarily need a center in Fiba womens, Japan showed that. But you have to be a very good shooter and very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    You dont necessarily need a center in Fiba womens, Japan showed that. But you have to be a very good shooter and very smart.
    the team has potential, the program hopefully can figure out how to maximize their development, noting that a good number of the players are fil-ams (if not most of them)

Based in what we've seen in the tournaments, it's seems that the core problem with Philippine basketball bools down to quality of the coaches.

Most seem to be just good in "surprising" the opponent, but once they figure us out, the coaches cannot come up with a counter offense/defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    Based in what we've seen in the tournaments, it's seems that the core problem with Philippine basketball bools down to quality of the coaches.

Most seem to be just good in "surprising" the opponent, but once they figure us out, the coaches cannot come up with a counter offense/defense.
    Gilas Youth Girls U-16' s Asst coach is Brian Rosario, the current assistant coach US NCAA D1 Pepperdine University Women's Team

https://pepperdinewaves.com/news/202...%20in%20Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Gilas Youth Girls U-16' s Asst coach is Brian Rosario, the current assistant coach US NCAA D1 Pepperdine University Women's Team

He's good,I just think that the Samoan coaching staff has more experience and they adjusted in the 2nd game and the girls inexperience at this level showed early,their own adjustments came in a little too late,but overall I'm happy with their tournament performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post

But assistant coach is not the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    He's good,I just think that the Samoan coaching staff has more experience and they adjusted in the 2nd game and the girls inexperience at this level showed early,their own adjustments came in a little too late,but overall I'm happy with their tournament performance.
    It's unfortunate that the next batch won't be able to join Division A ball in the next U16 tournament, but at least they won't get destroyed by 50+ points by the top teams in that division.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    But assistant coach is not the head coach.
    well, you said "coaches", not just the coach .

Julie Amos is the personal pick of Women's NT program director Patrick Aquino, her, being a member of his loyal staff for many years, so yeah, there's hint there of favoritism, tho i think she has earned the position.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345