Turkish NT 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
    Miracle could happen of course, sometimes this situations boost team spirit, but chances are less then 10%
    even though I like the improvement, the chances in this game vs France is at 10% max, yes. So many things must fail at the same time for France for us to have a chance, and that does not happen in real life. if Heurtel backstabs his team, Okobo or even Albicy can take over, and I don't know how all the bigs can screw up. They can rebound until they score. Then you have Fournier, and even Tarpley to kill you if you pressure the guards or bring help inside. That's why I think France was the worst match up for us. We'd have higher chances against Germany or even Slovenia, imho (20% maybe )
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• I don't know what will happen in future wit NT, but I am sure about one thing, Cedi can't be leader and go for guy in crutial minutes. He could be more then good role player like Lucic in Serbia.

Tuncer will be part of this team as long as Ataman is coach, but I am curious why he plays pg all the time cos better position for him could be shooting guard and backup for Korkmaz. He is awful creator but could shoot. Better solution then Melih anyway

Comment

• Eger sen Furkan´i 17 yasinda a takima alip senelerce köse sutörlügü haric hic bir rol artirimina gitmiyorsan(Efes yillari) o da o zaman gelir burada topu kaybeder. Hayat bu kadar basit, Türk insani iste bu kadar acik olaylari bile anlayamiyor, hic bir zaman denemedigin seyi basaramazsin, bu kadar basit.
        Cedi´ye istedigin rolü ver, o, her zaman sutlari kacirir, topu kaybeder, yanlis pasi verir vs.....Cedi bu kadar. Ama Furkan Türk basketbolu yüzünden bu kadar kaldi. Ilerisi icin, eger yine ve yeniden Türk oyunculari EL arenasinda göremeyeceksek, o zaman yine ayni hüsranlara hazirlikli olmak lazim, EL olmadan sansa 1-2 yil basari gelebilir ama bu kadar yatirim icin tatmin edici olamaz onun icin tek yol NBA ve EL´de gercek rolleri alan oyunculari harmanlayip basariya ulasmak. Tek yol EL´den gecer. Bakin bakalim öteki takimlara, EL olmadan bir sey oluyor mu? Süperstarla olur ama o cok olasi degil ve sadece günü kurtarir.

Comment

• Originally posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
          Eger sen Furkan´i 17 yasinda a takima alip senelerce köse sutörlügü haric hic bir rol artirimina gitmiyorsan(Efes yillari) o da o zaman gelir burada topu kaybeder. Hayat bu kadar basit, Türk insani iste bu kadar acik olaylari bile anlayamiyor, hic bir zaman denemedigin seyi basaramazsin, bu kadar basit.
          Cedi´ye istedigin rolü ver, o, her zaman sutlari kacirir, topu kaybeder, yanlis pasi verir vs.....Cedi bu kadar. Ama Furkan Türk basketbolu yüzünden bu kadar kaldi. Ilerisi icin, eger yine ve yeniden Türk oyunculari EL arenasinda göremeyeceksek, o zaman yine ayni hüsranlara hazirlikli olmak lazim, EL olmadan sansa 1-2 yil basari gelebilir ama bu kadar yatirim icin tatmin edici olamaz onun icin tek yol NBA ve EL´de gercek rolleri alan oyunculari harmanlayip basariya ulasmak. Tek yol EL´den gecer. Bakin bakalim öteki takimlara, EL olmadan bir sey oluyor mu? Süperstarla olur ama o cok olasi degil ve sadece günü kurtarir.
          Both Korkmaz and Cedi are not leaders, and of course the main reason for that was early going to NBA, before true challenge in EL.

Cedi is good in transition, good defender, athletic, but never was leader of the team, he is not used to that role

Same as Korkmaz, even more because his role in NBA is even smaller then Cedi's. He is good in everything but great in nothing.

Ataman tried to bring leader in Larkin but gave him episode role instead, which was a mistake.

The biggest gain imo is that we got 2 players in Hazer and Osmani, who are both capable to play next 6- 8 years on high level

Comment

• Devastating loss, no need to say something from the court actually. It is like a horror movie you abstain from watching it one more time. If we look from the viewpoint of emotional stand regarding NT, only if Osman could make one of those FTs, all these stone throwers would give him a hero welcome without a doubt. This is basketball, little nuances make big differences and decide the winners. Osman is definitely not a winner nor a leader, not mentally strong and have shaking hands at crucial times. But, this is not of his own making. He is just not that guy. Without taking more supportive roles, he will be bashed as a leader.

We have failed at rebuilding process of our team after the departure of the likes of Turkoglu, Onan, Tunceri, Asik, Gonlum and etc. We didn't make wonders with these names aswell, but I don't remember any period when we couldn't have managed to have a win against top teams. I don't want to mention on possibility of having another rebuilding process to start, but Osman-Korkmaz duo as choker should give the helms to newcomers. A competitive character like Şengün is suitable for this role. Plus he will be more experienced next time.
            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Originally posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
              Eger sen Furkan´i 17 yasinda a takima alip senelerce köse sutörlügü haric hic bir rol artirimina gitmiyorsan(Efes yillari) o da o zaman gelir burada topu kaybeder. Hayat bu kadar basit, Türk insani iste bu kadar acik olaylari bile anlayamiyor, hic bir zaman denemedigin seyi basaramazsin, bu kadar basit.
              Absolutely. Furkan's, Bitim's, even Cedi's years at Efes were wasted. Ataman now has the chance the remedy this issue, by using the locals in the EL, if he had a moment of enlightenment that is, but I honestly doubt it.

I don't know how, but game by game improvements, and getting the 1/16 game to this point is remarkable. I cannot still believe it was "won" under normal circumstances. Ataman is a winner. Unfortunately he is a unicorn among Turkish coaches, and he may not find a local support to help him draw better plays at the end of the quarters/games. He's a great coach, but in this part he sucks. it looks like he just throws the dice, and usually loses.

As for Osman, yeah we all knew. I just hoped he could clear the clouds in this head by making at least one of these FTs, but there was no surprise there, unfortunately.

Comment

• this is the mainpage of TBF. https://www.tbf.org.tr/

is that Yigit Onan on the right? is it really him??? if so, fuck this TBF, we will never get anywhere with those leeches and their nepotism at the helm.

Comment

• Next NT coach should be Alimpijevic, he already did more for Turkish basketball then Ene and Sarica together.

Comment

• Serbia announced his roster with 13 Euroleague players. Probably, they will play only the game against Turkey, especially important ones Micic, Guduric, Lucic. Turkey must win in an away game. It is difficult but Wilbekin and Onuralp are hot. Also Serta? is in good shape but idk he will be in roster.

Comment

• We have to come through very hard games in this window. No need to raise our hopes much for Serbia game, as they are clear cut favorites against us as long as they are going to have all their Euroleague players. We need really a great shooting day to pull an upset from that game. Serbia needs that win badly no fewer than us which will make the things harder unfortunately.

Sipahi (Time to play with real PG)- Wilbekin - Bitim - Kabaca - Şanlı starting line-up is indeed hot and averages 58 PPG in European competitions that indicates these guys are in good shape.

Also, I see Belgium as a serious threat for Friday's game. They are a compact team and been playing together for long years. The names don't change much in their roster. They are not likely to experience chemistry problems unlike us. Still, we have a better overall quality and overcome chemistry problems. I am quite content with how our new generation NT players have performed this season. The bench is packed. Saybir, Hazer, Osmani and Ulubay can be serious X-factors and contribute at good degree.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• The world cup slipped away but no need not to try everything on these windows. Sipahi, Hazer and Wilbekin give enough play making for these windows. I am not happy with Sipahi at all but he is the best what we have right now.

I hope Ataman wont make the mistake to choose Birsen over Ulubay. Ulubay when motivated gives much more defensive and play making than Birsen could give but its a solid overall team

Comment

• Very good game from Turkey and 34 difference against a full Belgium roster which made the last 16 in Eurobasket. The key of the game was the great defense of our backcourt. Wilbekin, Sipahi and Bitim were too much to handle. Here we can see what kind of big mistake Ataman did with his choices. The team struggled in the start of the second half but the good defense of Sipahi and court vision kept the damage low.

Bitim showed today that he is a great two way player 19 points and 5 assists. He was fairly excited and made some mistakes but he can carry the offense. Undoubtedly a EL player. Hope he wont go to Efes or FB.

Sadik Emir Kabaca made a big leap offensively and I dont know how he could develop so fast. Its not just his pick and pop action and his great shot, he is also able to put the ball on the floor and go to the rim. Considering his ability to create in the low post too and his passing ability from the low post he has the upside to be a very good EL player. Even NBA is a possiblity in his prim.

Yigitcan Saybir was a bit unflashy but very effective.

Bugrahan Tuncer is a bum.

We shared the ball very well and defended in a great way.

Comment

• Seems that Tuncer is true cancer of this team and we paid the price for that in tournament where we could go high, at the end.

Efes paid the price against Bayern(with him on the court) and I hope Ataman will learn from mistakes.

Even Melih as role player could be useful, but again and again just as role player, not like he used to be under Ene and Sarica wanabe leader

Sipahi, player I bashed a lot is good fit for this NT, though his shooting is still awful

And now the main point, I wrote already during EC, core of our NT in the future will be Bitim, Hazer, Kabaca and Osmani. Around them we have good role players like Willbekin, Dogus, Sipahi, Saybir etc

With Larkin in top form this team could reach some goals. But problem is the necessity of win against Serbia which is almost impossible in Belgrade

Probably we will have to wait two or three years for the next big opportunity in case of loss

Defense was crutial tonight and Ataman at last started to switch(he did that in Efes too last games)

Comment

• Without a doubt a heartbreaking loss but I am not sad. We approached this WC-Qualifier in a very sloppy way. First the dismiss of Sarica after giving him a contract extention then Orhun Ene in the mid of the Qualifiers cost us at least 3 games. The loss in Greece was deadly. Ene showed his inability even in Canada with weird rosters and players. Always looking for a team and unable to build a well-functioning team.

This team in this window was good, really refreshing to watch. I am very happy to see Bitim, Kabaca, Osmani and even Saybir to be able to compete with EL level players. Its a young team and Ataman improved the team after making some roster mistakes himself. He is the right guy for this job.

We need the total cut after these Qualifiers. No Mahmutoglu or Tuncer from now on. A generational cut is needed. Bona, Buyuktuncel, Seng?n and others. What we need is a bunch of serious EL players.

Comment

• Last offense was a mistake, cos Willbekin isn't guy who will win game that way, he is not Larkin or one of big players. We should have played some pick on Kabaca or 2nd option giving ball on weak side to Bitim or Hazer to draw foul.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information