Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1373

Thread: Euroleague / European Club Competitions 2022/23 - Signings & Rumours

  1. #281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,680
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Calathes is understandably in decline and will lose one intregral part of his game even more. Very difficult situation for Barca to implement a guy who cant shoot and doesnt have his athletic tools anymore

  2. #282
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    378
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    pf with no shooting ability like him are totally anachronistic. absurd add
    He's mostly been playing as a small ball C for Zenit. Their rotation had Mickey starting at PF and Gudaitis starting at C with Poythress being their bench C.

    I assume his role for Maccabi would be similar. He's probably not a starter, but he's a 15ish mpg guy off the bench who can athletically compete with the big clubs. He's a more effective rebounder and defender than Reynolds, even with his relative lack of size.

    Either way, Poythress has been a big part of Zenit's success the past two years so to call him a EC player is weird. He's not a star but if you have reasonable expectations for him, he'll fill an important role.
    Last edited by GatorsGators; 06-21-2022 at 09:34 PM.

  3. #283
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    378
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    i heard calathes earns 3m $ a year at barcelona. we dont have that kind of money. even if we did, we wouldnt use 3m $ on calathes. he doesnt worth it. we already have one guard who cant shoot, we dont need another one.
    I assume Fener would only ever consider Calathes in a situation where Henry leaves or isn't confirmed. Yeah, they wouldn't fit on the same roster.

  4. #284
    Senior Member Spittifiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,052
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    I assume Fener would only ever consider Calathes in a situation where Henry leaves or isn't confirmed. Yeah, they wouldn't fit on the same roster.
    yeah but i dont think it will happen in any scenario.

    iffe lundberg could be a good addition for us, no matter how much he denies the rumours.


    Fenerbahçe İstanbul

  5. #285
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,873
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Bonzi Colson signed in Maccabi.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  6. #286
    Senior Member zubitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    225
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Giorgos Bartzokas signed a three-year contract extension with Oly as expected.

  7. #287
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,068
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Bonzi Colson signed in Maccabi.
    The first signing I appreciate. Moreover they try to convince Tj Leaf (USA-israeli) to postpone his NBA dreams and play in Europe for at least one season.

    I am old enough to remember his father play for Maccabi (unfortunately he joined the team too late in his career) and other teams, a great sg-sf.

  8. #288
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,730
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    The first signing I appreciate. Moreover they try to convince Tj Leaf (USA-israeli) to postpone his NBA dreams and play in Europe for at least one season.

    I am old enough to remember his father play for Maccabi (unfortunately he joined the team too late in his career) and other teams, a great sg-sf.
    im a great fan of tj leaf, but when your coach is katash, your technical consultant is Blatt, your pf is a just a dunker, well probably just s.curry and doncic could warm my heart and turn in a positive view, next yellow season

  9. #289
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,068
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    im a great fan of tj leaf, but when your coach is katash, your technical consultant is Blatt, your pf is a just a dunker, well probably just s.curry and doncic could warm my heart and turn in a positive view, next yellow season
    Let's hope to get rid of this coach as quickly as possible. He has been chosen 100% by the Federmans (Vujcic wasn't involved at all) so if things go at the wrong direction and the fans start insulting again Danny the ignorant he will be replaced quite soon.

    What is important now is to improve mainly the domestic roster, Rafi Manko is another candidate.

  10. #290
    Senior Member Worrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,635
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Efes & Zizic 2+1, official.
    Fener & Mahmutoğlu 2 more years, official.

  11. #291
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,672
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Giannakopoulos had a meeting with gate13 and they decided to end the war between them. Thats something we learned yesterday by gate13 announcement.

    According to today's news he told them that next season's budget will be 10million (thats for salaries,no taxes etc). Last season we had around 5.5-6 and 10 million is the budget we had with pasqual in 2017 and 2018. It remains to be seen if journalists sources are right or not.

    We need greeks so if calathes leaves barcelona we will make a move. His salary is 1.8 at barcelona,he will go down with the mediocre season he had. We have already signed paris lee from monaco. Giannakopoulos wants hezonja,if his deal with real isnt done,we will make a move for him too.

    So the roster next season will be
    1. Calathes-paris lee-young greek(moraitis?)
    2. Nedovic-transfer
    2,3. ? (There are rumours we have made a move for naz mitrou long)
    3. Papapetrou-transfer (hezonja or anyone else that can either play sg or pf)-mantzoukas
    4. Transfer- maybe another greek
    5. Papagiannis- Transfer (rumours about onuaku)-greek (maybe we will make a move for kostas antetokunbo).

    Samodurov probably just for greek league,he is too young, maybe kaselakis with another minor role renews.
    Ps. We will make a move for mitoglou. The problem is nobody knows his ban duration.

    Coach: we are trying for pasqual. If not i think we will make a move for trinchieri. I just hope we dont go for sfairopoulos that some people say we are in talks with. This guy is a clown and unskilled coach,a guy that will make us bleed from the eyes with his 65-70pt pace games
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

  12. #292
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    378
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    im a great fan of tj leaf, but when your coach is katash, your technical consultant is Blatt, your pf is a just a dunker, well probably just s.curry and doncic could warm my heart and turn in a positive view, next yellow season
    Coleson is Maccabi's PF (he's a combo forward in the mold of Derrick Williams -- Coleson does have a much higher bball IQ).

    Poythress should be Maccabi's backup C.

    You're insufferable

  13. #293
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,068
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    Giannakopoulos had a meeting with gate13 and they decided to end the war between them. Thats something we learned yesterday by gate13 announcement.

    According to today's news he told them that next season's budget will be 10million (thats for salaries,no taxes etc). Last season we had around 5.5-6 and 10 million is the budget we had with pasqual in 2017 and 2018. It remains to be seen if journalists sources are right or not.

    We need greeks so if calathes leaves barcelona we will make a move. His salary is 1.8 at barcelona,he will go down with the mediocre season he had. We have already signed paris lee from monaco. Giannakopoulos wants hezonja,if his deal with real isnt done,we will make a move for him too.

    So the roster next season will be
    1. Calathes-paris lee-young greek(moraitis?)
    2. Nedovic-transfer
    2,3. ? (There are rumours we have made a move for naz mitrou long)
    3. Papapetrou-transfer (hezonja or anyone else that can either play sg or pf)-mantzoukas
    4. Transfer- maybe another greek
    5. Papagiannis- Transfer (rumours about onuaku)-greek (maybe we will make a move for kostas antetokunbo).

    Samodurov probably just for greek league,he is too young, maybe kaselakis with another minor role renews.
    Ps. We will make a move for mitoglou. The problem is nobody knows his ban duration.

    Coach: we are trying for pasqual. If not i think we will make a move for trinchieri. I just hope we dont go for sfairopoulos that some people say we are in talks with. This guy is a clown and unskilled coach,a guy that will make us bleed from the eyes with his 65-70pt pace games
    As you say the team needs greeks and Papapetrou-Papagiannis contracts expire next summer. If the new/old president-owner or whatever he will be next season wants to do something very useful for the future he must renew them as soon as possible. The latter confirmed recently that he has not forgotten the Nba and a comeback is still his dream.

    Macon seems out after a very disappointing final series against Oly. I hope Maccabi doesn't intend to sign him as someone hypothesized.

  14. #294
    Senior Member Spittifiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,052
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    https://twitter.com/thehomeofglory/s...79910833979392

    too bad bobby dixon is retired but hey, gigi datome is still playing!


    Fenerbahçe İstanbul

  15. #295
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,730
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Coleson is Maccabi's PF (he's a combo forward in the mold of Derrick Williams -- Coleson does have a much higher bball IQ).

    Poythress should be Maccabi's backup C.

    You're insufferable
    changing players attitudes and roles hoping they could better fit a team, is fascinating, bot non effectively. Poythress is officially a pf and will play as pf having zero, zero shooting ability.
    shooting pf is a key role today in europe.

  16. #296
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    378
    Country: United States

    Default

    Poythress played on Zenit's second unit this past year as essentially a small ball big, which I've already said. Mickey and Gudaitis played on the first unit.

    Poythress is an EL-caliber player undoubtedly, and if Maccabi didn't sign him, someone else would've. He'll be the defensive anchor for that second unit, perfect for positionless basketball that needs guys who can defend multiple positions.

    Sure, if Maccabi expects him to be more than a role player, they're in trouble.
    Last edited by GatorsGators; 06-22-2022 at 12:56 PM.

  17. #297
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    https://twitter.com/thehomeofglory/s...79910833979392

    too bad bobby dixon is retired but hey, gigi datome is still playing!
    Melih was also available until today

    Itoudis's contract in red letters is written, Melih in charge to turn off the light when everyone gone

  18. #298
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    378
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    As you say the team needs greeks and Papapetrou-Papagiannis contracts expire next summer. If the new/old president-owner or whatever he will be next season wants to do something very useful for the future he must renew them as soon as possible. The latter confirmed recently that he has not forgotten the Nba and a comeback is still his dream.

    Macon seems out after a very disappointing final series against Oly. I hope Maccabi doesn't intend to sign him as someone hypothesized.
    I'd think signing Hilliard would take them out with Macon. I know they need multiple guards/perimeter scorers with Wilbekin and Nunnally gone and Macon is a PG/SG and Hilliard more of a true SG/wing, but Macon + Hilliard does not seem like a winning combo.

  19. #299
    Senior Member Spittifiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,052
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Melih was also available until today

    Itoudis's contract in red letters is written, Melih in charge to turn off the light when everyone gone
    haha well even tho i dont like melih, there is no other good option to replace him. at least he plays decent in turkish league.


    Fenerbahçe İstanbul

  20. #300
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    haha well even tho i dont like melih, there is no other good option to replace him. at least he plays decent in turkish league.
    BSL is ok, but giving him minutes in El is madness

    BTW agree about Iffe, could be great adition. I was atacked here when I suggested him as someone who should come with Itoudis. But as you know I don't care and have feeling for good guys
    Last edited by janketa; 06-22-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •